Carter is the pick

fortdick

Reaction score
This was a great pick. Need at ILB and positional pass rusher. Great value as well.

Primetime42

Reaction score
cobra;3930927 said:
This pick has NOTHING AT ALL to do with Spencer, so I hope this kind of talk doesn't start up.

Carter is NOT a 3-4 OLB. He's a smaller, speed linebacker.

Has to play either WLB in a 4-3 or inside in a 3-4.

He's basically what we wanted Jason Williams to be.
lol prepare yourself for the foolishness.

Nirvana

Reaction score
He will see the field a lot in a Ryan defense. Ryan will run 6 LBers out there with no linemen in 3rd and ling situations. He is cleared for training camp. 4.5 speed.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Ok I like the story here. Get a guy who may have been a top half or Round One guy at 40 if not for the injury. That's great. These are the type of picks I love best.

But couldn't we have found a similar value with a player we need help at now. OL, DL or DB.

Mash

Reaction score
Never expected this pick....a little disappointed...

But I know nothing about prospects...and just went what I read here and elsewhere to who to expect Dallas to take.

If he is the ILB we need....then its a great pick...I just dont know ...couldnt of we traded down and got this kid? I just never heard of him ...

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
ruce Carter OLB 6'3 230 North Carolina
Bruce Carter

Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki: The Cowboys recognized Carter's immense talent and have a loaded roster that makes it easier to take a chance on a player who may start the season on the physically unable to perform list. He's coming off a late-season ACL injury and couldn't work out before the draft. However, he could bring great dividends once he recovers. He's an excellent special-teams player and could fill a role as a nickel ’backer, having better coverage skills than any linebacker in the draft as a converted safety. He also possesses excellent take-off speed rushing and might bring value with his hand on the ground

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? a LB with a torm ACL! somebody tell me who we have atCB and S that can cover anybody? and who do we have to help Rat with an inside pass rush? bringing back the same players, and expecting a different result is not the way to go. Jerry still does not get it.

Aven8

Reaction score
dbair1967;3930945 said:
Tremendous cover LB. Was recruited to be a safety originally I believe.

Excellent range and very good hitter.

IIRC Butch Davis said he was the best LB he has ever coached.

That's all I need to know. I've been begging for ILB for years. No offense to Bradie, but he's just not elite. Solid, but not elite.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
burmafrd;3930952 said:
gamble. But if he comes all the way back he is a mid first rd guy. SPENCER better step it up; you will be hearing footsteps behind you

Carter weighs 240. No way he plays SOLB.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
superpunk;3930961 said:
[youtube]2wCYcokDm-E&feature=player_detailpage#t=35s[/youtube]

thanks for the video....

i did not not like what i saw in that tho:(
he did not look like a big hitter at all and was definitely an olb in a 4-3 on the weak side. his tackling left a lot to be desired in that clip.

r2 is wayyy too early to draft nickel LBs:(

i officially hate this pick.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
sonnyboy;3930976 said:
Ok I like the story here. Get a guy who may have been a top half or Round One guy at 40 if not for the injury. That's great. These are the type of picks I love best.

But couldn't we have found a similar value with a player we need help at now. OL, DL or DB.

No on the DB. It would have been a reach.

Jerry must feel that he has Michael Huff all but signed.

shmee

Reaction score
jzcowboy;3930880 said:
LB from UNC

Just saw two youtube videos from this past year and i noticed somethings. Not once did i see he wrap up. He would just throw his body at people. Fast, made some big hits, but made several mistakes. It's early but i just don't know yet. Didn't look too impressive.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;3930961 said:
[youtube]2wCYcokDm-E&feature=player_detailpage#t=35s[/youtube]
He looks pretty good in coverage in space. Sure tackler, as well, at least based on this clip.

I liked the way he played the screen at the end.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3930965 said:
Everything I read said teams at the combine thought his recovery was coming along smoothly and right on schedule.

Mayock said you might not get any snaps out of him this year, but surely that's not the case. :eek::

i hope we can....dumb pick to stash him til next year. Use 3rd and 4th round picks for that.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
cowboyvic;3930981 said:
Are you kidding me? a LB with a torm ACL! somebody tell me who we have atCB and S that can cover anybody? and who do we have to help Rat with an inside pass rush? bringing back the same players, and expecting a different result is not the way to go. Jerry still does not get it.

Why do we allow blatant trolls on this website?

Honestly. It is not a public right to post here. They guy has no legal claim that allows him to be here or for us to accommodate his antics.

And it is clearly obvious he is here purely to troll the board with negativity.

So why does he stay? I don't get it.

If we had a private club, would we allow someone to just stand in the corner screaming profanities and crapping on the ground? Probably not. And yet this poster remains.

basstapp

Reaction score
cowboyvic;3930981 said:

We have two former all pro corners and Scandrick & Ball for corners

We will sign Huff and Resign Sensy or sign a safety in draft, quit your crying.

rags747

Reaction score
fyi...Giants board very upset we picked him. All saying that now we will have to face Carter for the next 10yrs. They love the Carter pick for the Boys.