Carter is the pick

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
cowboyvic;3930981 said:
Are you kidding me? a LB with a torm ACL! somebody tell me who we have atCB and S that can cover anybody? and who do we have to help Rat with an inside pass rush? bringing back the same players, and expecting a different result is not the way to go. Jerry still does not get it.

So you would rather reach for a S or CB? relax, Huff will be a Cowboy.

Parche

Reaction score
Living in Argentina makes impossible to know the prospects, so I just have NFL.COM and their "grades" to know em. What does Carter have that Justin houston dont? I mean, his grade is superior (by far). I guess is that Houston is an OLB and Carter an inside one. There wasnt better Inside LB in the draft availabe?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyvic;3930981 said:
Are you kidding me? a LB with a torm ACL! somebody tell me who we have atCB and S that can cover anybody? and who do we have to help Rat with an inside pass rush? bringing back the same players, and expecting a different result is not the way to go. Jerry still does not get it.

U MAD BRO

Do you ever have anything good to say about the Cowboys?

tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock
:rolleyes:

Nirvana

Reaction score
sonnyboy;3930976 said:
Ok I like the story here. Get a guy who may have been a top half or Round One guy at 40 if not for the injury. That's great. These are the type of picks I love best.

But couldn't we have found a similar value with a player we need help at now. OL, DL or DB.

Chris Canty comes to mind as a time we did this before, in the 3rd rd. Worked out well.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Boy, I sure hope our scouts did their job and looked at that youtube video before they drafted this guy.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
A better front 7 will help out the secondary. Would you rather take a risk on a 2nd round safety/CB that isn't an ELITE prospect or would you take the LB with some potential (albeit some injury history) that can help cause havoc and be a force on Rob Ryan blitzes so that the secondary doesn't have to cover for 10 seconds?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jterrell;3930985 said:
thanks for the video....

i did not not like what i saw in that tho:(
he did not look like a big hitter at all and was definitely an olb in a 4-3 on the weak side. his tackling left a lot to be desired in that clip.

r2 is wayyy too early to draft nickel LBs:(

i officially hate this pick.

Have you ever seen him play?

This guy is a bigtime football player. There's a reason why everypne had this guy as a surefire first rounder prior to the ACL.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
We basically just drafted DeMeco Ryans coming off a knee injury.

Assuming he is going to recover, I'll take that.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3931009 said:
A better front 7 will help out the secondary. Would you rather take a risk on a 2nd round safety/CB that isn't an ELITE prospect or would you take the LB with some potential (albeit some injury history) that can help cause havoc and be a force on Rob Ryan blitzes so that the secondary doesn't have to cover for 10 seconds?

Stop talking football. Cowboys fans want flash over substance so they can come back later and complain about not having substance.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
cobra;3931007 said:
Boy, I sure hope our scouts did their job and looked at that youtube video before they drafted this guy.

and his knee....I hope its not like bowers....ewwww...I hope he can be ready to play this year. They said he was cleared to workout but that might be just to start rehab.

Chappy

Reaction score
The negative posters are every where right now and NO matter who we pick pleasing these types of posters is just impossible.

If we go S we will get sighs and unrest due to the Huff rumours if we go DE calls for a CB are made. :bang2:

We are only 2 picks in and some people need to learn just to relax a bit and show some faith before knit picking looking at every negative they can clutch at to discredit a selection.

dbair1967;3931010 said:

This guy is a bigtime football player. There's a reason why everypne had this guy as a surefire first rounder prior to the ACL.

Second This.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
but wait...weren't we told by the braintrust on this board that Bradie James is not a problem with this defense...let's examine the last 3 drafts....with our first pick in the 2009 draft we pick an ILB...with our 2nd pick in the 2010 draft we pick an ILB (and a guy we had rated 16th on our board)...and with our 2nd pick in the 2011 draft we pick an ILB....I guess we are sending a message to Keith Brooking?

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dbair1967;3931010 said:

David, stop trying to reason with the people. They would complain even if Jerry took the second coming of Troy Aikman...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles Haley sure looked good.

....carry on....

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dbair1967;3931010 said:

It's just nerd rage. It was a great pick. The value is huge. The kid was top 15 prospect before the injury.

We get him at 40???

Ignore those w/ the QQ

jason54858

Gloomy Sunday
Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3931000 said:
So you would rather reach for a S or CB? relax, Huff will be a Cowboy.

Ya know I forgot about this but still it would have been nice to have Moore

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bbailey423;3931019 said:
but wait...weren't we told by the braintrust on this board that Bradie James is not a problem with this defense...let's examine the last 3 drafts....with our first pick in the 2009 draft we pick an ILB...with our 2nd pick in the 2010 draft we pick an ILB (and a guy we had rated 16th on our board)...and with our 2nd pick in the 2011 draft we pick an ILB....I guess we are sending a message to Keith Brooking?

Bradie James isn't a problem. If Carter is a player than guess what? You have DEPTH. You can have both guys on your roster.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
dbair1967;3931010 said:

I have never focused on so just commenting on the video clips.

He is definitely fast but also isn't a very physical guy for a LB. At least not in the clips on youtube.

And he was ranked very high at one point as a 4-3 OLB. Can he play inside in the 3-4? Can he stop the run in the NFL where players are much more physical? Is he healthy?

Wayyy too many questions for me at pick 40.
I don't like this pick at all. It is probably my least favorite of the past 5 years. Maybe that means he becomes a super-stud with my track record but I don't see the fit for us or the value.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyvic;3930981 said:

Can somebody for the love of God flush this turd?