Case for trading 17 for Jamal Adams

reddyuta

Reaction score
i feel the Jets dont want to pay him which is kinda of shocking because they drafted him so high,who knows they might like a guy so much during draft time that they might trade him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would do #17 and a 3rd rounder (2021) for Adams straight up.

Any notions of doing multiple 1st rounders or 2nd rounders is ridiculous.

As many pointed out the price must come down because prospective teams have lost a year of control with Adams.
I believe the offer during the season was a 1st and Anthony Brown.

It's very to imagine Dallas doesn't circle back with another trade offer. Whether fans want them to, or they are probably going to call the Jets this week

Batman1980

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott and a 1st for Jamal Adams and Le'Veon Bell works for me.

JBS

Reaction score
I believe the offer during the season was a 1st and Anthony Brown.

It's very to imagine Dallas doesn't circle back with another trade offer. Whether fans want them to, or they are probably going to call the Jets this week

Adams doesn't get along w the coach or gm there..schefter is reporting that he could be traded and now Yates is reporting he could be traded. Dallas needs to at least pick up the phone and make an offer..This guy is so much better than people on here give him credit for...they see he plays SS and all they know is, oh no..he can't defend the pass lolol...I'm offering EXACTLY what @CalPolyTechnique is offering..17 and a 21 third..get it done..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Adams doesn't get along w the coach or gm there..schefter is reporting that he could be traded and now Yates is reporting he could be traded. Dallas needs to at least pick up the phone and make an offer..This guy is so much better than people on here give him credit for...they see he plays SS and all they know is, oh no..he can't defend the pass lolol...I'm offering EXACTLY what @CalPolyTechnique is offering..17 and a 21 third..get it done..
If you think Adams isn't an excellent pass defender, then you are an idiot. Plain and simple

Oh noes hee haz 2 piks. Hee sux @ defndin pass's

Reactions: JBS

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SS don't get drafted in the top ten very often. There is a good reason why adams was. And he's living up to it.

Even if he is the greatest SS in the history of the world, that does not necessarily mean it's a good idea to draft a Strong Safety in the top 10.

Has Belichick ever drafted a Strong Safety in the 1st ?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Even if he is the greatest SS in the history of the world, that does not necessarily mean it's a good idea to draft a Strong Safety in the top 10.

Has Belichick ever drafted a Strong Safety in the 1st ?

Thought Chung was a 1st rounder, he's a second rounder.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Why would you let one $17 million a year DB walk to then turn around a pay a first rounder (at a minimum) just to acquire another DB you’ll have to pay $17million

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would you let one $17 million a year DB walk to then turn around a pay a first rounder (at a minimum) just to acquire another DB you’ll have to pay $17million
One is worth being the top paid at his position, and one is not

Adams wouldn't make that much anyways

conner01

Reaction score
That isnt true. I live locally. They expect to make the playoffs this year.

They cant sell it to the fans to move him for only one pick. He is their best and most popular player.

I don't think they came anywhere close on a deal last year, and Jet fans were livid over what the supposed price was, and were relieved when it didnt happen.

From Dallas' perspective, its very close as to if it's worth 17 for him, and I would say yes, but that alone will never get it done.

If Adams doesn't show up to camp, and the season starts and he is going to sit until week 10, I can see them settling for a 2021 first.
We will see