Video: Cavanaugh & Holley hinting at potential locker room problems

Blackspider214

Reaction score
There are no true leaders on this team. No real voice people get behind. Parsons is definitely not that guy. Lamb is another Dez, where he throws fits if it isn't going his way.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Dez thing is also false... tell me exactly what happened to Dez AFTER the Cowboys let him go? he went on to show case what kinda of WR talent with a "Real" offense? again this cracks me up "Dez was great and we had to let him walk"..he wasnt great when we let him go and 31 other NFL teams agreed with us...

XXLMike

Reaction score
There are no true leaders on this team. No real voice people get behind. Parsons is definitely not that guy. Lamb is another Dez, where he throws fits if it isn't going his way.
The last true leader, this team had the last true leader, this franchise had was Ken, Norton Junior.

XXLMike

Reaction score
I would say Troy was an outstanding leader..basically lead them to a SB in 95...
Yes but KN jr was the soul of the defense and the 49ers knew it, and they signed him and won a Super Bowl with him

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Yeah that and I think he was a product of a system that got figured out by good DCs.
I think it was more he played with reckless abandon especially in the red zone, but he was so naturally talented he was able to pull it off without making mistakes. But you knew watching him he was going to get injured.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
After the win over the Patriots, everything was great with the fans. No one was complaining about MM's playcalling. But one week later, these idiots want us to believe the locker room is on the verge of exploding and MM is the wrong guy to call plays. I'm not buying it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
My takes, for whatever they are worth:

1. The Cowboys need to return to an aggressive offense. They are calling plays that suggest they are scared of Dak throwing picks again. I would rather have a Dak pick or two every game if he goes back to 300 yards and three or more TD passes.
2. Micah Parsons needs to let his play do his talking. No offense to Micah, he's a great player and a fiery leader, but sometimes he doesn't sound like the most intelligent guy around. His comments on social media only look worse after a bad loss.
3. Lamb has a right to be upset. He was the only consistent outside threat Dallas had last year yet the Cowboys still schemed ways to make him a 100 catch receiver. The Cowboys' offensive production is down in 2023 and they aren't getting CeeDee the ball. That's not a coincidence.
4. Above all, taking the pulse of a locker room after a blowout loss is not the best time to make assessments on team culture. Everybody is edgy and human nature wants to start pointing fingers. Losing brings out the worst in some professionals. Winning is the ultimate deodorant. Beat the Chargers and harmony will return.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My takes, for whatever they are worth:

1. The Cowboys need to return to an aggressive offense. They are calling plays that suggest they are scared of Dak throwing picks again. I would rather have a Dak pick or two every game if he goes back to 300 yards and three or more TD passes.
2. Micah Parsons needs to let his play do his talking. No offense to Micah, he's a great player and a fiery leader, but sometimes he doesn't sound like the most intelligent guy around. His comments on social media only look worse after a bad loss.
3. Lamb has a right to be upset. He was the only consistent outside threat Dallas had last year yet the Cowboys still schemed ways to make him a 100 catch receiver. The Cowboys' offensive production is down in 2023 and they aren't getting CeeDee the ball. That's not a coincidence.
4. Above all, taking the pulse of a locker room after a blowout loss is not the best time to make assessments on team culture. Everybody is edgy and human nature wants to start pointing fingers. Losing brings out the worst in some professionals. Winning is the ultimate deodorant. Beat the Chargers and harmony will return.
Taking the pulse of the locker room after embarrassing loss is the perfect time.

What?....after a win is the only time? That's the easy time...come on.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Taking the pulse of the locker room after embarrassing loss is the perfect time.

What?....after a win is the only time? That's the easy time...come on.
What I mean is, there could be tension between players (just like in any workplace) that don't come out until things start going bad. We don't know if there are cases of that in Dallas.

When you are winning 40-0 and 38-3 everybody is happy. When you get whupped on national TV everybody is moody and players that don't like one another aren't going to be as willing to get along. To me it's human nature.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I mean is, there could be tension between players (just like in any workplace) that don't come out until things start going bad. We don't know if there are cases of that in Dallas.

When you are winning 40-0 and 38-3 everybody is happy. When you get whupped on national TV everybody is moody and players that don't like one another aren't going to be as willing to get along. To me it's human nature.
And that is when you need a real leader. That's when a team shows their true colors. In the face of adversity?..who are you?

After a win..good fun and party....that tells you nothing...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And that is when you need a real leader. That's when a team shows their true colors. In the face of adversity?..who are you?

After a win..good fun and party....that tells you nothing...
Exactly. The Cowboys have guys like Parsons that talk a good game in front of the media but that's about it.

This is a mentally weak football team. They can beat crap franchises like the Giants and Jets but fold like napkins against real contenders. It hurts me to type this too.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
There are always people against other people. Its natural to the species.

WE know there were people on the Pats that never liked Brady but that did not mean much did it?
You don't have to "like" someone to recognize their ability to lead and produce

Anyone who had a beef with Brady, it was probably personality related

We're discussing the very real possibility that there are key players in that locker room who dont trust Dak to lead this team where it needs to get to

Two very different situations. Night and day

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jesse Holley is notorious for this ****…I enjoy him at times bc he won’t sugar coat but he also massively projects and speculates often with no merit.
He’s one of these media guys trying to make a name for himself by creating news and putting himself in the center. I call it the “Skip Bayless gambit”.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, and their salaries were small and did not strangle the Cowboys ability to field great teams. Dak's upcoming salary is a large chunk of the available salary cap
They were not small relative to their era of football. The difference is the salary cap. There was no salary cap in those eras constraining what teams could spend on their players. There was no free agency either or competition to resign your own players which drives up the salaries. Players took what was offered and the teams weren’t constrained by a cap. It was nothing like todays NFL which is a lot more complicated.

starfan1

Reaction score

ya almost as brilliant as starting a poll in the zone about a QB after an embarassing loss in which he played a role in. Its gonna be one sided and filled with emotions

Reaction score
Y
ya almost as brilliant as starting a poll in the zone about a QB after an embarassing loss in which he played a role in. Its gonna be one sided and filled with emotions
You make that sound like it's a one time occurrence,,, this is a repeating occurrence against playoff teams. When should we have the poll? After beating all the crap teams we've been beating up on the last few years? The issue is whether we're happy being a top 10 team but getting our collective arses handed to us whenever we go up in class, a move that almost always causes the QB to have a "bad game".