Twitter: Cavanaugh: Penalties Against Cowboys are Hogwash

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You don't think that's a hook or twist? Looney got beat immediately on that play.

From the rules:
ARTICLE 3. ILLEGAL BLOCK BY OFFENSIVE PLAYER.
(c) Use his hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul
regardless of whether the blocker’s hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender’s body. Material restrictions
include but are not limited to:
(1) grabbing or tackling an opponent;
(2) hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him; or
(3) pulling him to the ground.

Like I said before being inside the frame of the lineman doesn't matter. You can claim either a hook, twist, or that he got taken to the ground on that play. Choose.
Yet this joke claimed it wasn’t a hook on Damien Wilson in the first Eagles game.

I’m serious he did say that. More than once.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
BS.

He could have stepped out of bounds, he could have lowered his shoulder and trucked the defender, or tried avoid him all together and head up field.

To think his only option was to turn into the defender and lower his head and initiate helmet to helmet contact is moronic.
I’ll ask you for the 6th time and don’t hold it against me if I missed one or two requests.

Did the defender lower and lead with his head?;)

BigD49

Reaction score
I think that the holds called on Tyron are 100% evidence that the league conspires against the Cowboys.

I have resisted that forever, but there's just no way the same bs calls can be made against him over and over again, and the Cowboys' opponents never get the same call.
It really does seem that way sometimes, but then I check the viewership stats and jersey sales and think to myself hell, if the league was going to conspire, shouldn’t it be in our favor? Lol

CB61

Reaction score
I’ll ask you for the 6th time and don’t hold it against me if I missed one or two requests.

Did the defender lower and lead with his head?;)
Like I've told people on here several times before I record every game I have every game recorded I went back and looked at it both of them lowered their head the call could have gone either way. Does that make you feel better? I hope so Merry Christmas

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
That’s where I think jerry should say something.

I think it’s the pats who have the least penalties called against them. Yeah you could argue they are disciplined...... but look at the stupid calls against us. the refs are scared of bellicheck and his influence.

catiii

Reaction score
I think that the holds called on Tyron are 100% evidence that the league conspires against the Cowboys.

I have resisted that forever, but there's just no way the same bs calls can be made against him over and over again, and the Cowboys' opponents never get the same call.
I'd go so far to say - and so would many conspiracy websites - that the NFL is just plain rigged. It would NOT be illegal if it was, just to make that clear. It's entertainment. No law says it's gotta be a fair game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
BS.

He could have stepped out of bounds, he could have lowered his shoulder and trucked the defender, or tried avoid him all together and head up field.

To think his only option was to turn into the defender and lower his head and initiate helmet to helmet contact is moronic.

No more BS than the person I was talking to, claiming that Rashaad Penny only lowered his head to protect himself and didn’t initiate contact.

If you’re going to respond to my discussions with another poster, at least try to keep up with the entire discussion and understand the context of my statements. Of course Zeke could have gone out of bounds. But the other poster was making BS excuses about why Penny was justified in lowering his head to initiate contact with a defender.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mmohican29

Reaction score
Part of me blames Garrett. His eyeroll and hands to the sides after each call just irks me. Lose your **** on somebody a la Marinelli. Makes it too easy for flags to fly against us.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No more BS than the person I was talking to, claiming that Rashaad Penny only lowered his head to protect himself and didn’t initiate contact.

If you’re going to respond to my discussions with another poster, at least try to keep up with the entire discussion and understand the context of my statements. Of course Zeke could have gone out of bounds. But the other poster was making BS excuses about why Penny was justified in lowering his head to initiate contact with a defender.

Thanks in advance.

My response was regarding what Zeke did on the play in question. I don’t need to address some convo you had with another poster re: Penny. Zeke’s play can be discussed in context by itself.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The difference between lowering his head and "going low with his head" is Quantum Physics that only two people on this forum understand.

Or something.

If you’re a brain dead conspiracist I can understand your limited capacity to understand nuance.

Maybe you should walk caltech’s campus a bit more, looool.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Like I've told people on here several times before I record every game I have every game recorded I went back and looked at it both of them lowered their head the call could have gone either way. Does that make you feel better? I hope so Merry Christmas
Yes. It does. Thanks

He knows that as well as anyone. He just won’t admit it because...well, I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t admit that, but he won’t.

“Merry New Year”!!—Billy Ray Valentine

blumayne38

Reaction score

Especially the way the green bay packer lineman are treated after the blatantly teach the OL how to hold as call it a technique

CB61

Reaction score
Yes. It does. Thanks

He knows that as well as anyone. He just won’t admit it because...well, I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t admit that, but he won’t.

“Merry New Year”!!—Billy Ray Valentine
Every time catherine revs up the microwave I piss my pants and forget where I was for half an hour

You know that movie ?? I have that recorded as well my wife hates it

CB61

Reaction score
Especially the way the green bay packer lineman are treated after the blatantly teach the OL how to hold as call it a technique
The Green Bay Packers offensive line is the poster children for holding and I didn't see anything different that Tyron Smith did from what they do

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This one has me confused. Are they saying that when a player is considered good the refs conclude that he must be cheating to be so good? That seems backwards. If you're a scrub player and you neutralize an All-Pro consistently, then wouldn't it be logical for someone to conclude that the scrub must be doing so by cheating because the other player is elite (if you're a conspiracy loon, that is)?

In the end that means every player cheats.