Cavs vs Magic

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;2788473 said:
that guy gets away with murder when ever he's handling the ball.

i think they see this goofy looking guy from turkey and they are too busy laughing at how funny he looks making a move. there is no one in basketball that looks more awkward driving to the hoop

SLATEmosphere;2788479 said:
Nah it's over. Howard is hitting his FT's..the 7th sign of the apocalypse.

:laugh2:

Joe Realist;2788485 said:
just to piss off David Stern and networks, I hope its Magic versus Nuggets in final.

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Avaj;2788571 said:
I was reading basketball forum and someone threw out this scenario

"Cavs are gonna win game 5 off of the refs, Howard is gonna be supended for game 6 making the series go to a game 7 with the Cavs wining at home because of Stern/Refs. I want the Magic to win but I see Stern making this series go to 7 games with the Cavs wining in 7 just like he wanted."

You think it will go down like this???

if that happens, im boycotting the finals

Letemburn

Reaction score
Dont guarantee what you cant back up mo, hes got a lot of work to do to back up his guarantee. Just gave us more motivation tonight to pull out the W. :laugh2:

10mvcxg.gif

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Cavs will win Games 5 and 6

Of course, I've been accused of having the kiss of death.

Letemburn

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2788591 said:
Howard is getting T'd up next game.BYE!

Just like you all was going to win tonight?

But anyways, very possible he could get T'd up but its also just as possible the last T will be taken away. Also just as possible we will win Game 5, or Game 6 without him if he gets a T. Lot of IFs, you all need 3 straight, i like our chances. Hope you stay around for the finals after Cleveland is eliminated, love your company. :bow:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2788530 said:
Hahah he was 2 inches away from winning the game AGAIN..I'm not worried at all. A win on thursday and it's anyones game..

Do you even understand the game of basketball?

You are delusional man.

Letemburn

Reaction score
I like these :)

Dwight Howards foul on Lebron from Game 3 that fouled Howard out if im not mistaken, such a weak call...

wiaw68.jpg

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v218/alfisback1/Other/lebronref2.jpg

And another....

So much for coach of the year:

28lyo39.jpg

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Twice I've had friendly bets on the Cavs and twice they've let me down.

All I am 'witness' to is a lighter wallet.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Achozen;2788647 said:
Mike Brown is the Wade Phillips of the NBA. :D

Does that mean that Lebron James is the Tony Romo of the NBA? Nothing but turnovers in the key moments, always having to make up for his own mistakes?

Really I'm just trying to get a rise out of Slate.

Nav22

Reaction score
The NBA could (and should) rescind the T they gave Howard last night. That was barely a "taunt"... and after a great play, he deserves more leeway for emotion than that.

Kobe had one of his playoff Ts rescinded by the NBA, which is why he has 5 now instead of 6.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Thanks to the miracle of TiVo, I finally got to watch the game. I can't believe how close it was, but the Magic win it yet again! I hope the Cavs do some more trash talking so that Orlando has incentive to close them out at home.

Dwight and Reggie were awesome in the late stages of the game!

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2781210 said:
Didn't see a thread about this series..mainly because it's such a given that the Cavs will sweep the Magic and dominate once again. I wonder how LeBron will take on this series. Will he score 40 points with ease and take over games with his scoring? Or will he get his standard 25 points,11 rebounds and 7 assists and get everyone involved?. Pretty much pick your poisen. Do the Magic want it quick and painless, or slow and grueling? The Magic have to answer that question. Either way it will be a sweep.

LeBron MVP.

This still gives me a good laugh. :)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Well Slate, Lebron got his help last night and still lost with Hedo and Lewis off their game, although Lewis did get going when it counted. Of course I have no doubt that even if the Cavs had been swept, you'd still say that the Cavs are the better team, so I don't expect you to recognize any of this.

What's getting ridiculous is that everytime Lebron barrels through the lane they call a foul. He does all the things they don't let Shaq do anymore, lowers his shoulder, knocks guys out of the way, uses his elbows to hook a player as he goes around them. Those are all fouls when Shaq has done them for the last 3-4 years.

The Cavs need to stop playing Wally, he's awful. Can't play defense and can't score.

Nav22;2788665 said:
The NBA could (and should) rescind the T they gave Howard last night. That was barely a "taunt"... and after a great play, he deserves more leeway for emotion than that.

Kobe had one of his playoff Ts rescinded by the NBA, which is why he has 5 now instead of 6.

Agreed, that call was absolutely BS.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2788747 said:
The Cavs need to stop playing Wally, he's awful. Can't play defense and can't score.

I remember that ******* when he was with the Timberwolves, and they were in the playoffs against San Antonio

couldn't stand the bugger

btw guys, SLATE is just trying to get a rise out of you

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2788987 said:
LOL and it's fun.

By the way, take out the crowd from your sig pic and it looks like that dude is making Bron Bron "squeal like a pig"!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2789093 said:
By the way, take out the crowd from your sig pic and it looks like that dude is making Bron Bron "squeal like a pig"!

maybe someone could photoshop a piece of food being spit out in the act of him being saved from choking

looks like the bald guy is giving him the Heimlich

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2788591 said:
Howard is getting T'd up next game.BYE!

Who cares if he gets T'd up again......series is over.

NBA rescinds technical on Magic’s Howard

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard(notes) had his technical foul from Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals rescinded by the NBA.

Howard was given his sixth technical of the playoffs for taunting Anderson Varejao(notes) after a layup in the fourth quarter of the Magic’s 116-114 overtime victory Tuesday night. Cleveland’s forward had draped his arms around Howard in a failed attempt to stop him from scoring.

The NBA announced it was rescinding the foul Wednesday. Under league rules, Howard would have been automatically suspended for one game if he received a seventh technical during the playoffs.

The Magic lead the Cavaliers 3-1 in the best-of-seven series. Game 5 is Thursday night in Cleveland.

Howard and Magic coach Stan Van Gundy were baffled by the technical Tuesday, saying after the game that Orlando’s center had simply made a big basket and was enthusiastic in the moment.

“I wasn’t taunting Varejao or anything,” Howard said after the game. “My thing, it was a tough play. He grabbed me around the neck and I made the shot.”

Howard already was suspended one game in the Magic’s first-round series for his elbow on 76ers center Samuel Dalembert(notes). Howard had joked after receiving his fifth technical foul of the postseason that he was going to start wearing thick elbow pads and duct tape his mouth.

“I might have to get some duct tape for real,” Howard said after Game 4.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...p-howard-technicalrescinded&prov=ap&type=lgns

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2788987 said:
LOL and it's fun.

I dont believe you're trying to get a rise out of us.

I think you truly believe everything that you've said, and have been humbled by your team having a 3-1 deficit.

I said Orlando would win the series the second they beat Boston in 7. There is a reason they beat you guys in the regular season, and there is a reason they're up 3-1 right now. They give you guys matchup nightmares with the way your team is built.

Its pretty obvious when you look at it.