CB Pat Surtain All Pro or Pro Bowler?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Whst are your thoughts on his ? Is he too slow to be a all pro corner? Is he just athletic enough to be a borderline pro bowler? Speed matters unless you’re a scheme corner line Sherman or Norman.

Carson

Reaction score
He’s athletic enough to play in this league. 10+ year starter in the league. You can book that

Just don’t expect him to line up with the Tyreek Hills of the league and run down field with them

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He’s athletic enough to play in this league. 10+ year starter in the league. You can book that

Just don’t expect him to line up with the Tyreek Hills of the league and run down field with them

I agree he will be a very good corner in this league. Sure he can't run with Hill but what corner can? You have to be physical with Hill and not think you will outrun him. There is where you have your FS double him on deep routes. But i think he will be a very solid corner. Worth a #10 pick if Farley ain't around.

Reactions: CWR

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Havent seen what that truly can just to be honest.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Surtain will get burned by faster/quicker/speedier WRs. If he doesn't get his hands on you at the line of scrimmage, he can be beat.

Hardline

Reaction score
He will be a solid day one starter and do a good job.
However he's not worth passing up better offensive players for.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What the hell does that mean? Just do as you are asked. Why is that so hard? I hope this thread gets deleted just as was suggested should happen to these misplaced threads rather than moving them. It would teach you people with no integrity a lesson.
Ive had a few deleted, serves me right.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If we knew how good every player would be, we wouldn't need scouts or a draft every year. Just sayin'.

I see a ton of Richard Sherman in Surtain. The size, the through-the-roof IQ, the physicality, even the speed. I think his worst case is Trevon Diggs (Saban clearly thought Surtain was better), and the upside again is Sherman. I wouldn't call Surtain generational, but he has a clear 1st round grade from me.

Last edited:

Clarke82

Reaction score
Surtain will get burned by faster/quicker/speedier WRs. If he doesn't get his hands on you at the line of scrimmage, he can be beat.
Every Corner can be beat. I like a couple of things about Patrick. First, he played against the best receivers in college football and was brilliant. Secondly, he played the entire 2020 season. I don't need players that quit at the
first sign of adversity. If you have Farley, Horn, and Surtain II ranked about even then, to me Patrick is the choice, hands down.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think many are scouting the helmet. Surtain is highly overrated by the fan base. Just read another poster say he's already better then Jalen Ramsey and he is a poor man's Revis. He is a good prospect, but he isn't a generational talent. He is in the mold of Bryon Jones, without the elite speed. He will be a solid starter, but never will become an elite player at the position.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
There is no way to know what Surtain will be at the next level. I think what separates Surtain from most is his technique and approach. That’s where I see a lot of Sherman. I have no problem taking Surtain at 10. This is the kind of draft where you might have to be content with getting just a very good player in the top 10.