CB Pat Surtain All Pro or Pro Bowler?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Only one year as a starter isn't a maybe, it's a lack of experience for sure. Injuries aren't maybes, your great speed doesn't do a thing for you if you're sitting out the game.

We view it differently, that's for sure. Fair enough.

Good thing is we'll be able to see how each works out, probably....
He showed up in 1 year as a starter so it is a maybe. Maybe he'll get even better than he was when he learned to play corner off an acl tear.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He showed up in 1 year as a starter so it is a maybe. Maybe he'll get even better than he was when he learned to play corner off an acl tear.

Well no doubt they both will be first round picks, they will have the opportunity to show what they can do....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah? Oh wow, Cowboys have been so good with their cornerback draft picks, gotta go with what Dallas thinks, they've shown time and again they have no peers in picking All Pros in the draft.

:rolleyes:
Cowboys finally did well last year by picking Trevon Diggs. They will continue their winning DB draft picking with Caleb Farley this year. ....and you will like it! :laugh:

conner01

Reaction score
He’s athletic enough to play in this league. 10+ year starter in the league. You can book that

Just don’t expect him to line up with the Tyreek Hills of the league and run down field with them
No one else can either lol

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cowboys finally did well last year by picking Trevon Diggs. They will continue their winning DB draft picking with Caleb Farley this year. ....and you will like it! :laugh:

Never said I didn't like Farley, just would rather have Surtain, in any case I'll decide if I like it, thank you very much...
:thumbup:

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
If you are talking about Patrick Surtain II, he is a draft prospect. Reality has asked that all draft threads be posted in the Draft Zone. Why is it so hard for you people to respect that simple request?
Because we’re grown men and don’t take orders. Second, I didn’t see that. I barely continue the site. I skim through it. I can’t in just to start this post. I didn’t read anything g before posting it. In just wrote what I a wanted abs left. Understand that not all customers look around at everything and read everything. Who e of us are in abs out which should be enough since we’re supporting your product.

Reactions: CWR

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because we’re grown men and don’t take orders. Second, I didn’t see that. I barely continue the site. I skim through it. I can’t in just to start this post. I didn’t read anything g before posting it. In just wrote what I a wanted abs left. Understand that not all customers look around at everything and read everything. Who e of us are in abs out which should be enough since we’re supporting your product.
Always read the rule and posted warnings when you go somewhere. It may be to your own benefit. Taking orders has nothing to do with being grown men. Grown men better than the both of us take orders every day. Being a wisenheimer around here can get you trouble. That is as civil a warning as you deserve.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think many are scouting the helmet. Surtain is highly overrated by the fan base. Just read another poster say he's already better then Jalen Ramsey and he is a poor man's Revis. He is a good prospect, but he isn't a generational talent. He is in the mold of Bryon Jones, without the elite speed. He will be a solid starter, but never will become an elite player at the position.

This is pretty accurate. I like Surtain and think he’ll be a solid pro, but I want more in the top 10.

I want a guy I think can win a few all pros not just be a solid starter.

The further away we get from the top 10 the more I’m ok reaching a little for need.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is pretty accurate. I like Surtain and think he’ll be a solid pro, but I want more in the top 10.

I want a guy I think can win a few all pros not just be a solid starter.

The further away we get from the top 10 the more I’m ok reaching a little for need.
I think we will both agree Surtain is a good prospect, but many fans are overrating him to be this generational, can't miss talent, which he is not. He is quite similar to Diggs, with better technique and less ball skills. Fans didn't want Diggs at 17, but they want Surtain in the top 10?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think we will both agree Surtain is a good prospect, but many fans are overrating him to be this generational, can't miss talent, which he is not. He is quite similar to Diggs, with better technique and less ball skills. Fans didn't want Diggs at 17, but they want Surtain in the top 10?

Yea I just don’t get it. He’s a top 25 talent in this class but at 10 I want a top talent that I think can be special.

IE if Lamb and Chaison are on the board I take Lamb 10 times out of 10.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea I just don’t get it. He’s a top 25 talent in this class but at 10 I want a top talent that I think can be special.

IE if Lamb and Chaison are on the board I take Lamb 10 times out of 10.
In my opinion, Surtain isn't a so called difference maker. Solid, but we want special picking in the top 10. Farley/Parsons have special qualities, as does a few offensive players in this class.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If you are talking about Patrick Surtain II, he is a draft prospect. Reality has asked that all draft threads be posted in the Draft Zone. Why is it so hard for you people to respect that simple request?
9aWLick.gif

:laugh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Everyone uses that lazy comparison, but Sherman possesses elite ball skills, Surtain hasn't shown that at all. He is a solid prospect, but many are thinking he is a shutdown #1 corner, which he is not.
I'm just curious. How are you comparing Sherman's ball skills compared to Surtain's? Surely not from Sherman's NFL stats. If college, Surtain and Sherman seem to be neck-in-neck. Sherman has 6 interceptions in two season playing college ball; Surtain 4 picks in three seasons of college. And, mind you, Sherman played in the pass-happy Pac-10. Surtain played in the run-heavy SEC and hardly had passes thrown his way.

Sherman exploded when he got into the NFL, which is when we started seeing his ball skills. So are you comparing Sherman's PRO skills with Surtain's COLLEGE skills, and why do you think Surtain can't have the same transformation in the NFL? :huh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Again, how are you measuring ball skills? Diggs had 4 INTs in college in 4 years; Surtain II 4 INTs in 3 years.
He has better ball skills if we're measuring by picks. If not, how are you evaluating "ball skills"?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
With the right team, Surtain II will be a All-Pro player. With the Cowboys? Definitely an All-Pro.
He is the safer pick, but safer isn't bad. He doesn't have to be spectacular. He simply needs to know how to play the position.
And that he does.

He has a pedigree, a work ethic that will benefit his career, just like Marlon Humphreys.
If we pick him, he'll be teamed with his teammate Trevon Diggs. And as anyone who has been around sports can tell you, there's a benefit playing with a team mate for years. There's an invisible chemistry there. He and Diggs will have that INSTANTLY.

Furthermore, where I think Surtain will excel is in the playoffs. Refs let players get more physical during the playoffs, and that is where Surtain will shine.

Outside of Lawrence and Pitts, as far as we know, there are no generational players in this draft, so let's stop comparing Surtain to generational corners. Last one was Deion Sanders, and they don't grow on Florida orange trees.

I think Surtain will get better in the pros. His bust potential is very low, as far as I'm concerned. But I don't know how the Cowboys coaching staff will handle him. I think we have failed to develop talent over the years. Fortunately, Surtain knows a lot on his own by having a dad who played the same position in the NFL.

That's another reason why he should be the pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Again, how are you measuring ball skills? Diggs had 4 INTs in college in 4 years; Surtain II 4 INTs in 3 years.
He has better ball skills if we're measuring by picks. If not, how are you evaluating "ball skills"?
Diggs is a former receiver who locates the football real well and has good hands. Surtain is more of a shadow cover corner.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Diggs is a former receiver who locates the football real well and has good hands. Surtain is more of a shadow cover corner.
So?
Both had the same number of interceptions.
Were Diggs' interceptions more athletic? Did he sky in the air to pick off a pass?
I don't know how to measure that in any concrete way.

CWR

Reaction score
Always read the rule and posted warnings when you go somewhere. It may be to your own benefit. Taking orders has nothing to do with being grown men. Grown men better than the both of us take orders every day. Being a wisenheimer around here can get you trouble. That is as civil a warning as you deserve.

Lol. Its not that serious. Lighten up Francis.