News: CBA has been approved (Link to CBA/Post 84)

mcmvp

Reaction score
14 teams in the playoffs. 18 teams not.

I don't know if you can push it any further than that before it becomes a joke.

No, it can’t really be stretched any further. But it’s been a while since the league added franchises. If the league’s growth continues down the road, we could be looking at 14 out of 34 teams...or possibly 36

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL has been measurably watered down since the initial ratification of this particular collective bargaining agreement in 1993.

I got over my decade-long fear around 2005 and finally started accepting artificially enforced competitive leaguewide parity lol.

:(
Ain't it the truth! The CBA changed the NFL experience for the fans. I'm glad players got more, but over the years it has become a greed-fest. Owners are partly to blame.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Kinda puts it in perspective. Too bad there are many older players who suffered the ravages of injury at pathetic salaries and benefits.

Roger Staubach is the first name that comes to mind. He retired early in 1979 after suffering 20 concussions during his career. And he only made $160,000 his last season.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Still hurts because now they have to sign Coop ASAP or let the bidding war begin in FA. Being Jerrah gave up a first and they will use the tag on Dak, Coop has all the leverage.

this is a hugely deep draft for wide receivers, and a recent article said Cooper has diminished leverage with other teams too because of the draft depth. Plus, Cooper is soft. So I’m not sure Jerry is as scared as you think he should be. Probably overpay him anyways...lol.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger Staubach is the first name that comes to mind. He retired early in 1979 after suffering 20 concussions during his career. And he only made $160,000 his last season.
Maybe, the league should retroactively pay some of the retired players out of their cornucopia of moola.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is a hugely deep draft for wide receivers, and a recent article said Cooper has diminished leverage with other teams too because of the draft depth. Plus, Cooper is soft. So I’m not sure Jerry is as scared as you think he should be. Probably overpay him anyways...lol.
They are all overpaid. :thumbup: I just hope some of the overpaid players do team friendly deals down the road.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WE HAVE WATCHED JERRY try to reinvent the wheel for 25 years to no success. Its one thing to be prudent/proactive...its another to defy logic and build a team thru means that are nonsensical. Now that we have a proven HC and staff, will Jerry back of just enough to allow us to get over the hump? This draft and free agency period is vital to MM for success. The new CBA certainly helps.
It has been a carnival ride, hasn't it? Let's hope something changes and real football people run the team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am definitely coming around to this way of thinking.....especially if the story about Dak's agent basically giving Dallas the silent treatment are true.
It wouldn't break my heart if Dak walks. I don't hate Dak, but my opinion definitely lowers if he mugs the Cowboys' for an undeserved contract. If he gets a big payoff, he better walk the walk. Same for Cooper.

Kwyn

Reaction score
how long before we see Gregory go into the medical tent for a blunt? lol
Hollywood Henderson just snorted his coke on the sideline. Didn’t bother with a tent.

I expect a smoking section at one end of the bench where they have a table with several bongs set up.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hollywood Henderson just snorted his coke on the sideline. Didn’t bother with a tent.

I expect a smoking section at one end of the bench where they have a table with several bongs set up.
If thirsty, don't drink the bong water by mistake!