CBA news

conner01

Reaction score
Just make the bye weeks 8-11 for all the teams.

No more week 5 off weeks. 4 game pre 12+ post. Dumb.
The league likes to stagger the bye to have games every week
If you add one game and another bye that basically extends the season two weeks so you play the SB mid February
Does the networks want the season going that long and into mid February? That’s an important question
The whole point of adding games is to generate more revenue so the networks are a big part of the equation

phildadon86

Reaction score
Some of you apparently missed some of the interviews where David Irving outright stated that he hated football. I don't care how talented he is - you will never be able to rely on someone who hates their job.
He hated football because he was being forced to take opiates . He is on record saying if the marijuana policy changes he’s coming back. Maybe watch the whole interview if you’re going to cite it

JustChip

Reaction score
I don't think that Irving liked playing because of the injuries. I don't necessarily blame him but if I was blessed with his physical prowess I dammed sure would have my *** out there getting paid.
I think the playing he liked. It was that petty stuff like practices, meetings and film study he hated.

John813

Reaction score
If you add one game and another bye that basically extends the season two weeks so you play the SB mid February
Does the networks want the season going that long and into mid February? That’s an important question
The whole point of adding games is to generate more revenue so the networks are a big part of the equation

Yea, having bye weeks in only 4 weeks would reduce the amount of games played those weeks, and probably hurt FF, which I'm sure they don't want either. However, some of these early bye weeks potentially setup teams to play week 6 deep into the playoffs without another break.

A team could make the Conference game having played 15 games in a row.

conner01

Reaction score
Yea, having bye weeks in only 4 weeks would reduce the amount of games played those weeks, and probably hurt FF, which I'm sure they don't want either. However, some of these early bye weeks potentially setup teams to play week 6 deep into the playoffs without another break.

A team could make the Conference game having played 15 games in a row.
I’d do the bye with half the teams week 7 and half week 8
Fairer to teams to all get one mid season
2 bye weeks gets more complicated
Maybe half week 15 and half week 17
And the other one mid season
I don’t like the way they are spread out now
Half each week over two weeks still gives games for the networks but gives every team as close to even time as you can get without a total league bye week which the networks wouldn’t like

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish they would increase the roster size. At least add a couple of spots.

I have always wanted to see 53 dressed on game day. If you are a member of the team you should be in uniform and able to play if called on. I think 46 only on game day is stupid. the 53 are all signed and paid contracts and should be out there on game day

starman22

Reaction score
Some of you apparently missed some of the interviews where David Irving outright stated that he hated football. I don't care how talented he is - you will never be able to rely on someone who hates their job.

So you think that every person who goes to work every day so they can have nice things and pay their bills loves their job? People can hate their jobs and still perform them at a high level. I wish I loved my job (I don't ), but it pays the bills.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They can always start the season a week or even 2 weeks earlier. I always hated waiting until after Labor Day for it to start. They also can play the SB after 1 week, and not the dreaded 2 week wait.

So best scenario, start a week earlier, eliminate the week of the SB game.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I wish they would increase the roster size. At least add a couple of spots.
I like that but also think if you make the 53 man roster(or higher number if changed) than you should be able to dress on game day. It's not right that you have to sit guys because of injuries to a different position.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If they do go for a 17 game schedule, they should make every team play one international game. This would keep each team playing 8 home games and 8 away games while expanding their market. Thus, one team doesn't get an unfair number of home games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they do go for a 17 game schedule, they should make every team play one international game. This would keep each team playing 8 home games and 8 away games while expanding their market. Thus, one team doesn't get an unfair number of home games.

I seen where the Jaguars are supposed to play 2 of their home games in London this year.
But agree, how do they do the home / away games. I guess rotate every year, 9 one year 8 the next.

Which I do not like. But since they want to push that agenda, can be a viable solution. Have one every week.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I seen where the Jaguars are supposed to play 2 of their home games in London this year.
But agree, how do they do the home / away games. I guess rotate every year, 9 one year 8 the next.

But out of country games which I do not like, but since they want to push that agenda, can be a viable solution. Have one every week.

Exactly! Or have a few played in the same week. You could have the Jaguars and the Patriots, for example, play in London and have us play the Rams in Munich during Oktoberfest during the same week.

conner01

Reaction score
That’s something I’m sure they look at
16 international games would be hard but you could add more cities in Europe and do more in Mexico I guess
If it makes money they will be looking at it

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Which I do not like. But since they want to push that agenda, can be a viable solution. Have one every week.

As for the home and away bit, that's still a massive problem. Imagine us coming down to the final match of the season and we have to have the Seahawks lose and we have to win to get us into the playoffs. One problem, the Seahawks have an extra home game and we have an extra away game. If we win and the Seahawks win, would we not complain that the extra home game for Seattle was unfair? I would. So, the international game for every team fixes that problem.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That’s something I’m sure they look at
16 international games would be hard but you could add more cities in Europe and do more in Mexico I guess
If it makes money they will be looking at it

Well, and not just Europe and Mexico. This is a rather large world. You could have a go at Japan for example. Japan has an American Football league of their own. They have a surprising following. You could, arguably, gain a market there. Melbourne, Australia would be an intriguing choice too. I have some friends in Brisbane who would be quite keen. And you don't have to just play in London. You can also play at Old Trafford in Manchester. Germany in October screams NFL. Italy could be a good option. It solves the home and away problem and helps make it easier for teams to play internationally.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
February is a rating sweep month, not as critical as May and November but more than July. Extending the playoffs and SB further into Feb wouldn't be a bad idea. They started the opening a week later, used to start on Labor Day weekend, to stretch it to get to February.

The nets are the key as they're the ones that pony up for the additional games. They also don't like the preseason games and this gets rid of one of them.