CBA news

conner01

Reaction score
Well, and not just Europe and Mexico. This is a rather large world. You could have a go at Japan for example. Japan has an American Football league of their own. They have a surprising following. You could, arguably, gain a market there. Melbourne, Australia would be an intriguing choice too. I have some friends in Brisbane who would be quite keen. And you don't have to just play in London. You can also play at Old Trafford in Manchester. Germany in October screams NFL. Italy could be a good option. It solves the home and away problem and helps make it easier for teams to play internationally.
Expanding the market makes money
Build a following and then you create a tv market and more money
Logistics is a nightmare but billions more potential people to make money off of

HungryLion

Reaction score
What would be the owners apprehension for adding an additional bye week?

I am trying to think of why it would be a problem, but I honestly think the positives outweigh the negatives.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I hope the players demand more active players on game day.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Expanding the market makes money
Build a following and then you create a tv market and more money
Logistics is a nightmare but billions more potential people to make money off of

Exactly, the logistics part will probably suck, but they'll make up for it with the new countries. Also, it could have a side benefit of creating interest in countries or boosting interest in these countries. Thus, developing their leagues like the Japanese X-League, the German American football league (which produced an NFL Draftee named Moritz Boehringer [pronunciation for English spelling since we don't have the dots over the o and a German friend of mine told me that works too] who is currently a TE for the Bengals on their PS squad), and the English league that produced Efe Odaba who was a PS player of ours and has turned out to be quite good for the Panthers. Imagine developing those leagues along with creating new interest in countries such as Italy, Spain, Brazil, and Australia. Now you have the ability, by creating interest in these leagues by spurring interest in the sport, to be able to find players in these leagues to help your team. Additionally, as time goes on and as these countries develop, you could eventually end up with a World Cup of American Football between the FIFA World Cup and the Euro Cup. Thus, some sort of football is played every summer. Think how fun that'd be! Cheering on your country in European football and then American football!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of you apparently missed some of the interviews where David Irving outright stated that he hated football. I don't care how talented he is - you will never be able to rely on someone who hates their job.
Wasn't it something about his parents forcing it on him?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Whats basically been agreed to is:
Nearly wiping out any punishment for Marijuana use. Im guessing this means only punishment would be for arrests.

Retroactively?

Gregory only has 2 accrued seasons, and is already under contract for this year. Sure would be nice to get a couple of seasons out of him cheap.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently the sticking point on why this hasnt been signed is the 17th game added, but not the game itself but owners not wanting a 2nd bye week.

Whats basically been agreed to is:
Nearly wiping out any punishment for Marijuana use. Im guessing this means only punishment would be for arrests.
Slightly ups the revenue split for players
Increase in minimum salaries and spending floors
Adjustments to the franchise tag and 5th yr options

As of right now that there is no agreement, teams can use the franchise tag and transition tag but cant designate anybody for a post june 1 cut.

Designated PJ1st does not help teams anyway.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Wasn't it something about his parents forcing it on him?

Maybe, yeah. I'm sure there's a lot of pressure on anyone who exhibits talent good enough to play in the NFL, simply due to the $$. I do not blame David Irving at all for not playing: I don't think anyone should ever embark on a career that they hate - it's not worth it.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
So you think that every person who goes to work every day so they can have nice things and pay their bills loves their job? People can hate their jobs and still perform them at a high level. I wish I loved my job (I don't ), but it pays the bills.

Nope. Didn't say that. Just said that someone quoted him saying he hated football. And there's a big difference between not loving your career and hating it. I've had jobs in my past lives that I truly hated, and I did not last more than a few weeks at them.

SSoup

Reaction score
I don't think that Irving liked playing because of the injuries. I don't necessarily blame him but if I was blessed with his physical prowess I dammed sure would have my *** out there getting paid.
I can't diagnose him solely through his public comments, but I'd bet my life he's got some pronounced mental illness going on. Letting a mentally unwell person self-medicate might allow them to keep it together enough to function for a time (and in the case of a guy whose earning power is tied to a lucrative professional sports career that will pay him well enough to set him up for many years, I'm not gonna scoff at how much of a difference it could make in this case), but that band-aid tends to not cover things for too long.

I imagine if he's allowed his preferred medication, he'll still find ways to be erratic and flaky and sabotage himself.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The league likes to stagger the bye to have games every week
If you add one game and another bye that basically extends the season two weeks so you play the SB mid February
Does the networks want the season going that long and into mid February? That’s an important question
The whole point of adding games is to generate more revenue so the networks are a big part of the equation

This is a good point. You figure, this is also when College Basketball starts really getting good. It would probably have an effect there as well.