C'Boy Fans are in Denial

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
Reid is winning, we have won more games over the past 4 seasons than any team in the NFL, he just hasn't gotten past the NFCCG because he hasn't had the personel (Rams and Bucs were better and injuries last season).

Phil Jackson won a boat load of Titles with the bulls...but he was not retained and the management knew that Jordan would leave if Phil did...still they did not retain him and they have been crap since.

Phil took the lakers to 4 or 5 championship games...chances are they would not get another coach that would take them further....yet Phil was fired...even though the Lakers knew that shaq would leave.

Dan Reeves helped get the Falcons to the playoffs...the next year vick goes down and then before they could fire Reeves (as it was in the works) ...Reeves Quits.

It happens in sports all the time. Even when some teams make the championship game things come up...a difference of opinion.

Who knows what COULD happen....however I would think if Andy does not get to and win a Superbowl this year...at the very least the ownership should start questioning if this man needs to change his ways.

So far this offseason they spent money like they have not before.....if it still does not work we he convince the ownership that he will make more changes, even if it is in his own nature of how he runs his offense.

Like I said it COULD happen if he or the team fails again...but I really do not think it will.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Reid is winning, we have won more games over the past 4 seasons than any team in the NFL, he just hasn't gotten past the NFCCG because he hasn't had the personel (Rams and Bucs were better and injuries last season).

Denial.

Coaches need to win Super Bowls, PERIOD.

If with Owens and Kearse they don't get over the hump, the excuses are gone, and Reid will be too.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Denial.

Coaches need to win Super Bowls, PERIOD.

If with Owens and Kearse they don't get over the hump, the excuses are gone, and Reid will be too.
Reid WILL win a Super Bowl in his career in Philadelphia.

That is all :)

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
It had better happen THIS year. :D

Let's reflect for a minute. We know that this is a cowboys website, so we can only expect a certain amount of respect for anything that is positive about the Eagles -- and that's a sad adaptation of what metal C'boys are made from.

We know that whatever we say, we can expect 4-5 opposite points of view; regardless of whether you know we're right or not. Let's make this a simple test for you ...

Eagles were a good solid team in 2003; hence, we won the NFC East Division
Championship (True/False)

The Eagles had some injury problems with key players, therefore could not stop the run, nor pass (True/False?)

In 2004, Eagles' GM made some significant adjustments to a "good" team (True/False?)

New key defensive players (you all Know who they are) will be able to contain the run, provide adequate pass protection, bring back the notorious Eagles blitz packages (there are several versions) -- (True/False?)

New key offensive players (you all know who they are) will be able move the ball on the ground (we have several combinations and the notorius running back by committee), and complete a significant amount of passes. Not to mention the ultimate weapon if needed (you all know who I'm referring to) True/False?)

How'd you do?

By the way, did I mention that the Eagles aren't too fond of C'boys (True!)
That's on the house! :D

blindzebra

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Let's reflect for a minute. We know that this is a cowboys website, so we can only expect a certain amount of respect for anything that is positive about the Eagles -- and that's a sad adaptation of what metal C'boys are made from.

We know that whatever we say, we can expect 4-5 opposite points of view; regardless of whether you know we're right or not. Let's make this a simple test for you ...

The Eagles had some injury problems with key players, therefore could not stop the run, nor pass (True/False?)

In 2004, Eagles' GM made some significant adjustments to a "good" team (True/False?)

New key defensive players (you all Know who they are) will be able to contain the run, provide adequate pass protection, bring back the notorious Eagles blitz packages (there are several versions) -- (True/False?)

New key offensive players (you all know who they are) will be able move the ball on the ground (we have several combinations and the notorius running back by committee), and complete a significant amount of passes. Not to mention the ultimate weapon if needed (you all know who I'm referring to) True/False?)

How'd you do?

The Eagles have been good enough to GET to the NFC Championship game. Whatever excuses you want to use they have lost that game 3 years in a row.

No one has said they are bad. We said McNabb is not a top 5 QB and we have had much more than OPINION to back up that stance. To you that means we have no respect for the Eagles. What that means is if you give me the choice there are 7 QBs I'd take over McNabb, but that still means there are 24, including our own, QBs that McNabb is better than.

I have a 2 questions for you.

If the Eagles don't win a Super Bowl this year what is likely to happen with the team, coaches and players?

If they make and lose another NFC Championship game, will they not be historically thought of as a poor man's Bills?

BHendri5

Reaction score
only idiots say that McNabb is no good, and we do have some idiots on this board.
But who care what McNabb and the eagles do, as long as they do not win the Superbowl it is quite alright to everyone here.

It remains to be see how T.O. and McNabb and T.O. and Reid and T.O. and the rest of the team will work together. T.O. is a me me me guy, team second. McNabb is a team guy, both are winners.

I've always said that McNabb was just the second coming of Cunningham and that you guys would make some noise for a few years and then gradually drop down with the defense maintaining a good rep.
So far you guys have been following that pattern,remember the drought you guys had last season, which included a loss to us.
Not only has the NFC EAST gotten some better coaches, but it remains to be seen if Gibbs can coincide with the new era athletes and the salary cap. You guys may be favored again, but the gap that the so called experts said you guys had over us in talent, (I never saw the gap that they spoke of) all you guys had was the coaching and now we have closed that and taken a edge there.
The talent was always close give and take position by position.
We will split with you guys again this season and the game on you guys field will go right down to the wire, (maybe we will win that one also), but you guys can hang it up the total domination is done, the fork is in.

There are more people here that support Carter than the ones that will have you thinking it is not. It is less of those guys. They like to do polls, but not many people participate, only the anti Carter crowd or the ones that it really doesn't matter who's behind center, they may respond.

Too many posters just read, they do not waste their time responding to those guys and their posts during the offseason, they really only post during the season.

I admire Vinny because he is still doing it at 41, but he will not be the starter, neither will Henson. Carter will nail down that spot this season once and for all.

So don't worry about the Cowboys, well you shouldn't, you should be worrying about the eagles, the Cowboys will be riding high, Tall in the Saddle.
We definitely are not worried about the eagles.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
If the Eagles don't win a Super Bowl this year what is likely to happen with the team, coaches and players?

If they make and lose another NFC Championship game, will they not be historically thought of as a poor man's Bills?
Exactly what would happen if we do win a Super Bowl.

No, we won't be thought of historically as anything. The 1980's Cowboys lost three NFC Championship games in a row, does anyone remember them? I think it happened a couple of other teams as well. The last 4 years resulted in 4 playoff losses, nothing more, it is more than what you did over that amount of time (or 28 other teams) but it won't go down in history as much.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

Blah, blah, blah...and more blah....

true, true, true, false...since when is kearse going to stop the run? He is a liability in the run...
everything true, except the completion parts...
How'd you do?

Leave if you don't like it, I hate to see you struggle intellectually for no reason...

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Exactly what would happen if we do win a Super Bowl.

No, we won't be thought of historically as anything. The 1980's Cowboys lost three NFC Championship games in a row, does anyone remember them? I think it happened a couple of other teams as well. The last 4 years resulted in 4 playoff losses, nothing more, it is more than what you did over that amount of time (or 28 other teams) but it won't go down in history as much.

Historically, that Cowboy team is remembered for their failure. I guess you miss the 25 times a year that ESPN feels the need to show "The Catch", Danny White was a VERY good QB, but he's barely held above Carter by many Cowboy fans.

ESPN is running the top 25 FLOPS and the Bills are on their list. This is a team that got to 4 straight Super Bowls, something no other team has, and they are perceived as LOSERS.

That is why I said, " A poor man's Bills," when I asked about your place historically.
The Eagles have even failed to reach the level of a team that is considered LOSERS.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
since when is kearse going to stop the run? He is a liability in the run...
Why does everyone think that? It is so wrong, he is a very good run stopper, remember what team he was on last year.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Why does everyone think that? It is so wrong, he is a very good run stopper, remember what team he was on last year.
Yes, its totally wrong. Even if everyone says the same thing? It is obviously a conspiracy against the lakers...

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Yes, its totally wrong. Even if everyone says the same thing? It is obviously a conspiracy against the lakers...
By everyone I meant "everyone who has no idea what they are talking about". I should have made that clearer. The Eagles FO and coaching thinks that he is a good run stopper, the Titans FO and coaching think he is a good run stuffer, and general opinion around the league is that he is a good run stuffer. #1 in the league last season.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
By everyone I meant "everyone who has no idea what they are talking about". I should have made that clearer. The Eagles FO and coaching thinks that he is a good run stopper, the Titans FO and coaching think he is a good run stuffer, and general opinion around the league is that he is a good run stuffer. #1 in the league last season.
uhh, no. The general conception is he is a liabilty in the run game...

keds

Reaction score
As a regular poster here like many I am not in denial about Carter but try to be realistic. Any website you go to there will always be posters with rose colored glasses for their own players. Most importantly is what Parcells thinks of Quincy.

Reaction score
Blind,

Here's how I see it (no pun intended :) )

blindzebra said:
The Eagles have been good enough to GET to the NFC Championship game. Whatever excuses you want to use they have lost that game 3 years in a row.

No excuse needed. They were beat by a better team 3-times (dah!!!!!!)

[/QUOTE]No one has said they are bad...[/QUOTE]

You may want to check with your buddy c'boy fans before you make that statement (remember the "curse thread?)

[/QUOTE]if the Eagles don't win a Super Bowl this year what is likely to happen with the team, coaches and players?[/QUOTE]

Now tha's a fair question. I think the Eagles owner will keep Andy Reid, because he has produced results; 3 NFC East division championships is not what I'd call a "shabby" record. This is where losing by a little versus losing by a lot means something. If I may use an analogy ...if we came close But didn't get the cigar (the NFC Championship/Super Bowl), I believe Eagles management will give our fairly young team another year to take it to the show. I really can't conceive any other scenario ;)

[/QUOTE] If they make and lose another NFC Championship game, will they not be historically thought of as a poor man's Bills?[/QUOTE]

I see you can make sense when you want to Blind (no pun intended). It's difficult to anticipate anything other than an NFC championship this year. However, should Murphy's Law strike four times, I'd place it Into the close but no cigar category. Why? The most significant reason is because we're talking about a totally different team than the Eagles that were beaten in 2001, 2002, and 2003.

Now, let me ask you a question (actually, for all c'boy fans). Since I'm Unfamiliar with C'boy history, when was the last time the C'boys won the NFC East championship? Also, how many years will C'boy GM give Billy Par to produce an NFC East/higher championship before they give him the cowboy boot?

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Leave if you don't like it, I hate to see you struggle intellectually for no reason...

Don't ever tell me to leave with justification. Who the (blank) do you think you are? I have just as much right to disagree with you, and your team as I want to!

Besides, I'm not here for you, I'm here to support what few (for now) Eagle fans and to have clean, meaningful dialogue with sensible c'boy fans (they know who they are; you know who you're not).

By the way, "not fond" of something does not denote hate! The next time you pass by your dictionary (that's the book that has dust on it), look up the word "fond."

Since I've been here, you are the only c'boy fan that has invited me to leave. Even the mod-squad's warning wasn't as unhospitable as you! Just because I'm not "fond" of the C'boys? :confused:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You may want to check with your buddy c'boy fans before you make that statement (remember the "curse thread?)
A curse doesn't mean the teams bad, but they will never be the best.

Now tha's a fair question. I think the Eagles owner will keep Andy Reid, because he has produced results; 3 NFC East division championships is not what I'd call a "shabby" record. This is where losing by a little versus losing by a lot means something. If I may use an analogy ...if we came close But didn't get the cigar (the NFC Championship/Super Bowl), I believe Eagles management will give our fairly young team another year to take it to the show. I really can't conceive any other scenario ;)
The first one to go will be andy reid. The management will look at this team and decide its andy's fault.
Now, let me ask you a question (actually, for all c'boy fans). Since I'm Unfamiliar with C'boy history, when was the last time the C'boys won the NFC East championship? Also, how many years will C'boy GM give Billy Par to produce an NFC East/higher championship before they give him the cowboy boot?
Bill will leave if we are not in contention for the next 2-3 years, if he wants to go, or if he puts up a performance like andy reid...