C'Boy Fans are in Denial

Reaction score
C'boy fans are always criticizing McNabb. Is McNabb a top five/ten QB? Is he capable of taking the Eagles to the next level? Can McNabb throw the long ball to T.O.? Just read through some of the harsh criticism you guys have had in various threads/posts.

But what about Carter? You guys really haven't accepted the fact that Carter cannot possibly take you guys to the big show! If he could, Bill the teddy bear Parcels wouldn't have signed on Testaverde. Now Testaverde does have the experience and skill required. But he hasn't shown anything much since His glory days with the Jets.

My advice (and I know you all want it)...get another QB that can lead the team. No Offense, But you really don't have a team leader. I think you have a solid Lineup.

Toughest competition: Commanders.

Good luck C'boys :D

blindzebra

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
C'boy fans are always criticizing McNabb. Is McNabb a top five/ten QB? Is he capable of taking the Eagles to the next level? Can McNabb throw the long ball to T.O.? Just read through some of the harsh criticism you guys have had in various threads/posts.

But what about Carter? You guys really haven't accepted the fact that Carter cannot possibly take you guys to the big show! If he could, Bill the teddy bear Parcels wouldn't have signed on Testaverde. Now Testaverde does have the experience and skill required. But he hasn't shown anything much since His glory days with the Jets.

My advice (and I know you all want it)...get another QB that can lead the team. No Offense, But you really don't have a team leader. I think you have a solid Lineup.

Toughest competition: Commanders.

Good luck C'boys :D

Do you even read this board? There are probably 15-20 posters on the forum that think Carter MIGHT get us there.

MIGHT. A couple are saying pro bowl and Super Bowl, but even the other 15-20 say that is going too far.

The vast majority have serious doubts about Carter.

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Do you even read this board? There are probably 15-20 posters on the forum that think Carter MIGHT get us there.

MIGHT. A couple are saying pro bowl and Super Bowl, but even the other 15-20 say that is going too far.

The vast majority have serious doubts about Carter.

You don't see the point BLIND (no pun intended)
Emphasis placed on criticizing the Eagles QB, yet not recognizing inefficiency in the C'boy's QB. (you can see the glint in someone ele's eye, But cannot see the moat in your own) :rolleyes:

Noted Observation: Not Much chatter about Testaverde (or do I need to read through all the threads again to make the mud clear?). :rolleyes:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARM, if you read the main forum, youd know there is like 10-20 posters who support carter, 30-40 who want him gone, and the rest just want the best man for the job(which most say isn't carter) but don't get in most debates....

Reaction score
RW31 said:
ARM, if you read the main forum, youd know there is like 10-20 posters who support carter, 30-40 who want him gone, and the rest just want the best man for the job(which most say isn't carter) but don't get in most debates....

Ok, that explains Carter. What about Testaverde? Is he liked? Do you think he'll repond to the C'boy offense?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does the cowboys QB situation have anything to do with what people think of McNabb?

If we have terrible or great QBs....does it make McNabb better or worse?

After all they do not play on the same team.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Ok, that explains Carter. What about Testaverde? Is he liked? Do you think he'll repond to the C'boy offense?

I think Testeverde will "repond" adequately if called upon. I don't think he will lead any team to the promised land. This season Dallas will have to rely on their starting QB to be steady, a much improved running game and a stellar defensive performance to make some noise in the playoffs.

As far as McNabb goes.......of course Cowboy fans bash him. He is the starting QB for the hated Eagles. This is not a partial board. We love Dallas and hate the Eagles. :D

My opinion of McNabb is this:
He is a good QB, but not great.
He is inaccurate at times.
He has the ability to make big plays outside the pocket.
He has lacked decent receivers in the past.
He is a good athlete.
He is better than Carter.

Just my opinion.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
He is looked on as a backup. Noone thinks that much of him. You are better off taking shots at henson, but youd regret it...

blindzebra

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You don't see the point BLIND (no pun intended)
Emphasis placed on criticizing the Eagles QB, yet not recognizing inefficiency in the C'boy's QB. (you can see the glint in someone ele's eye, But cannot see the moat in your own) :rolleyes:

Noted Observation: Not Much chatter about Testaverde (or do I need to read through all the threads again to make the mud clear?). :rolleyes:

We are not in 2004 or bust mode like you Eagles fans. Vinny is a band aid, he might give us better QB play than Carter for all or part of this season, but than what?

Also, it is you who missed the point. You asked why we rip on McNabb yet over look Carter. We talk about Carter 24/7 on the main board, and I'd say 75 to 80 % don't think Carter will ever rise above average.

To sum up McNabb is not a top 5 QB and Carter is not in the top 20.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
We are not in 2004 or bust mode like you Eagles fans. Vinny is a band aid, he might give us better QB play than Carter for all or part of this season, but than what?

Also, it is you who missed the point. You asked why we rip on McNabb yet over look Carter. We talk about Carter 24/7 on the main board, and I'd say 75 to 80 % don't think Carter will ever rise above average.

To sum up McNabb is not a top 5 QB and Carter is not in the top 20.
We are not in a 2004 bust mode, where did you get that from? Maybe the media thinks so but why? Are we getting older? (no) Are we going to be in cap problems any time soon? (no) Were you fed this garbage from the media? (bingo!)

To sum it up McNabb is a top 5 QB and Carter can become top 20.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
We are not in a 2004 bust mode, where did you get that from? Maybe the media thinks so but why? Are we getting older? (no) Are we going to be in cap problems any time soon? (no) Were you fed this garbage from the media? (bingo!)
Only an eagle fan can sum up this ^
^like that

Id feel sorry if you weren't in boom or bust mode. If you fail this season, most sane managment would decide to go in a different direction...

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

2000 through 2003 did you guys sign the BIG NAME free agents? Nope.

What did you do in 2004? You signed or back door traded for BIG NAME free agents. Why did you suddenly change your personnel philosophy?

Because you have choked 3 times in the NFC Championship game, that's why.

After getting Owens and Kearse do you honestly thank that your Eagles will look the same in 2005 if you don't get to the Super Bowl?

Reid is toast if you guys don't get to the big game. New coaches, new system, and a slide back in the pack of the NFC East.

It IS do or die time in Philly, so don't delude yourself.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
2000 through 2003 did you guys sign the BIG NAME free agents? Nope.

What did you do in 2004? You signed or back door traded for BIG NAME free agents. Why did you suddenly change your personnel philosophy?

Because you have choked 3 times in the NFC Championship game, that's why.

After getting Owens and Kearse do you honestly thank that your Eagles will look the same in 2005 if you don't get to the Super Bowl?

Reid is toast if you guys don't get to the big game. New coaches, new system, and a slide back in the pack of the NFC East.

It IS do or die time in Philly, so don't delude yourself.
We had a different GM before the 2002 offseason.

We couldn't sign anyone in 2002 because we had no cap room to use. We tried to keep Trotter but he protested a release.

In 2003 we tried to sign Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila but he stayed with Green Bay for less money then we offered him.

In 2004 we signed Kearse on the first day and offered him an insane amount of money so we could sure up the defensive end position.

If one of the best receivers in the game was begging to come to Dallas and your Top 5 QB was publically asking for his arrival as well, what would you do? His contract wasn't insane and it can be voided in two years. If Reid was put into the same situation last season, do you think he would have signed Owens? Definitly.

Reid will not get fired for a very long time, the owner loves him and so do all the players. Why would our owner be working on an extension for him now than? (that is what I heard).

I wouldn't expect much more from you though. :)

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
We had a different GM before the 2002 offseason.

We couldn't sign anyone in 2002 because we had no cap room to use. We tried to keep Trotter but he protested a release.

In 2003 we tried to sign Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila but he stayed with Green Bay for less money then we offered him.

In 2004 we signed Kearse on the first day and offered him an insane amount of money so we could sure up the defensive end position.

If one of the best receivers in the game was begging to come to Dallas and your Top 5 QB was publically asking for his arrival as well, what would you do? His contract wasn't insane and it can be voided in two years. If Reid was put into the same situation last season, do you think he would have signed Owens? Definitly.

Reid will not get fired for a very long time, the owner loves him and so do all the players. Why would our owner be working on an extension for him now than? (that is what I heard).

I wouldn't expect much more from you though. :)

Avoiding it does not make it true. All you do is go yeah, but...

Did you make any SPLASHY moves before 2004?

It's simple, you did not pull the trigger after the first loss, you did not after the second, but after the third...

Keeping living in denial, but it does not change the fact that it is do or die time.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

It's simple, you did not pull the trigger after the first loss, you did not after the second, but after the third...

Keeping living in denial, but it does not change the fact that it is do or die time.
How many former Pro Bowlers did you sign last season? 0? How many did you let go? 1?

How many former Pro Bowlers did you sign this season? 2-3? How many did you let go? 0?

You must be a "do or die" team as well.

Would we have aquired TO last year if we were presented the same oportunity? Yes. (it would have been stupid not too) Would we have aquired Kearse? Yes. (we proved it with the attemted signing of KGB).

Would we have aquired either one of these players two years ago? Probably not, maybe one because we didn't have the cap room!

Do you have a reading disorder??? I give you adequate reasoning and you can't process it.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:

Even if the moves were not made....after getting to the championship and falling short of getting to the superbowl....it SHOULD be do or die....hell if they didn't after 3 tries then the front office should be targeted by the fans for eradication lol.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Even if the moves were not made....after getting to the championship and falling short of getting to the superbowl....it SHOULD be do or die....hell if they didn't after 3 tries then the front office should be targeted by the fans for eradication lol.
But why would Reid be fired?

Why is it "die" next season? We still have more cap room than 30 teams and a good core of young players, one of the youngest teams in the league.

Why are we going change our whole system?

What the hell is wrong with this man! :p

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:

Why is it "die" next season? We still have more cap room than 30 teams and a good core of young players, one of the youngest teams in the league.

IMO if Reid or Managment did not go out and get a big name WR....and the eagles still struggled to get past the NFC Championship (if they make it at all)...Then I would not be shocked at all if he was gone.

Hell many of the philly fans have called for reids head way before now.

Do I think he will get fired...no...but it would not shock me if he did if he can't get over the hump.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

It's a business and it's all about winning. Many coaches that have won championships have been fired, it's part of sports. So if a coach that has won a championship can be fired, what makes a coach that has lost 3 straight NFC Championship games above the nature of the beast?

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
It's a business and it's all about winning. Many coaches that have won championships have been fired, it's part of sports. So if a coach that has won a championship can be fired, what makes a coach that has lost 3 straight NFC Championship games above the nature of the beast?
Reid is winning, we have won more games over the past 4 seasons than any team in the NFL, he just hasn't gotten past the NFCCG because he hasn't had the personel (Rams and Bucs were better and injuries last season).