C'Boy Fans are in Denial

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The funny part of it with Tampa was.....Philly's curse helped Tampa break it's own perceived curse (the ability to beat a team in cold weather).

I guess one curse had to fall :p
We better play the Redsox in the Super Bowl this year, I mean world series, I mean...uh.... :confused:

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
What does the "future champion Green Bay Packers" have to do with the Cowboys wining in 1992, 1993, and 1995?

Pull your head out.

The NFC East was much tougher 1992-1996 than it was 2001-2003, that is what was being discussed.

I added AFTER we won the tougher East, we THAN had to beat a great 49ers team in 92 and 93, this team won the SB in 94, and a great GB team in 95, who than won the SB in 96.

The eagles on the other hand, won the East 3 times against a much weaker division and THAN lost in the NFC Championship, with only TB going on to win the Super Bowl.

Got it.

Reaction score
M'Kevon said:
Hate to break this to you, sunshine, but the Eagles choked the last two years. In no way were Tampa Bay and Carolina considered better teams until after the homefield eggs laid by the eaglettes.

Its my pleasure to advise you, rainy-day, that the team that wins is the better team on THAT DAY!

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Pull your head out. The eagles on the other hand, won the East 3 times against a much weaker division and THAN lost in the NFC Championship, with only TB going on to win the Super Bowl. Got it.

Hold on to your stripes Zebra (no pun intended)! How in the hockey puck do you measure a whole division? Your comment is totally dogmatic -- unless you provide us with how you came to that absurd conclusion. In my opinion, the quality/talent of NFL players increase every year.

Wait a minute! Are you just trying to minimize the Eagles triumph, and dominance over the NFC - East over the course of three consecutive years? If not that, then what?

Either substantiate your accusation or shut down the bull stuff! :confused:

blindzebra

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Hold on to your stripes Zebra (no pun intended)! How in the hockey puck do you measure a whole division? Your comment is totally dogmatic -- unless you provide us with how you came to that absurd conclusion. In my opinion, the quality/talent of NFL players increase every year.

Wait a minute! Are you just trying to minimize the Eagles triumph, and dominance over the NFC - East over the course of three consecutive years? If not that, then what?

Either substantiate your accusation or shut down the bull stuff! :confused:

Dallas 13-3, Philly 11-5 WC, Wash 9-7 WC, NYG 6-10, AZ 4-12 43-37 .538 3 playoff teams.

Dallas 12-4, NYG 11-5 WC, Philly 8-8, AZ 7-9, Was 4-12 42-38 .525 2 playoff teams.

Dallas 12-4, NYG 9-7, AZ 8-8, Philly 7-9, Was 3-13 39-41 .488 1 playoff team.

Dallas 12-4, Philly 10-6, Was 6-10, NYG 5-11, AZ 4-12 37-43 .463

Philly 12-4, Wash 8-8, NYG 7-9, AZ 7-9, Dallas 5-11 39-41 .488 1 playoff team.

Philly 12-4, NYG 10-6 WC, Was 7-9, Dallas 5-11 34-30 .531 2 PO teams

Philly 12-4, Dallas 10-6 WC, Was 5-11, NYG 4-12 31-33 .484 2 PO teams.

Losing AZ in 2002 helped the win percentage.

If we take the first 3 years for both teams.

92-94 East 124-116 .517 6 playoff teams.

01-03 East 104-104 .500 5 playoff teams. If we factor in losing AZ that win % drops A LOT.

Most important stat Super Bowl Champions from the division.

92-94 TWO.

01-03 ZERO.

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
1992 - 92-94 East 124-116 .517 6 playoff teams.
01-03 East 104-104 .500 5 playoff teams. If we factor in losing AZ that win % drops A LOT. Most important stat Super Bowl Champions from the division.

92-94 TWO. 01-03 ZERO.

Good stats Blind, but you need a New prescription if you can't see what you're Not factoring-in! (no pun intended). You have not factored-in teams around the NFL -- you're crazy if you don't! Our division has always been considered one Of the strongest In the NFL. I'd say at least on fourth (if Not more) depend On what how we fair with other teams in the NFC.

I put thumb to nose on your stats, they don't have any foundation -- hence they are useless! You haven't proved your point with me! Perhaps your C'boy fans will Buy in on it. :confused:

blindzebra

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Good stats Blind, but you need a New prescription if you can't see what you're Not factoring-in! (no pun intended). You have not factored-in teams around the NFL -- you're crazy if you don't! Our division has always been considered one Of the strongest In the NFL. I'd say at least on fourth (if Not more) depend On what how we fair with other teams in the NFC.

I put thumb to nose on your stats, they don't have any foundation -- hence they are useless! You haven't proved your point with me! Perhaps your C'boy fans will Buy in on it. :confused:

The 49ers of 92-94 would have beaten ANY of the teams that have won a Super Bowl since, well, 1995.

We continued a trend of the East winning the Super Bowl. The last NFC East team to win a Super Bowl, well that would be Dallas in 95.

Funny, how people were calling it the NFC LEAST for the past 4 or 5 years.

The Super Bowl tends to be a cyclical and the AFC has been dominant lately, so the Eagles have failed to reach the Super Bowl coming from the WEAKER conference.

I suggest you put your thumb somewhere other than your nose the next time you feel the need to post mindless crap.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Its my pleasure to advise you, rainy-day, that the team that wins is the better team on THAT DAY!
Yes, the eagles are the better team until the lombardi curse kicks in on that day...

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I suggest you put your thumb somewhere other than your nose the next time you feel the need to post mindless crap.

Nonsensical Jabbarwokie! Thumbs down. You! I'll remember you ... when the 2004 NFL season starts. Stuff your numbers -- they're useless.

I could give a rats patutie how weak you think the NFC East is; in fact, I'll remind you of just how weak your team is when the Eagles pulverize them -- twice (howz that for a stat?)!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Nonsensical Jabbarwokie! Thumbs down. You! I'll remember you ... when the 2004 NFL season starts. Stuff your numbers -- they're useless.

I could give a rats patutie how weak you think the NFC East is; in fact, I'll remind you of just how weak your team is when the Eagles pulverize them -- twice (howz that for a stat?)!
Ahh, the essence of getting owned...when you have to babble and rant about nothing...

FavreToWalker

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The funny part of it with Tampa was.....Philly's curse helped Tampa break it's own perceived curse (the ability to beat a team in cold weather).

I guess one curse had to fall :p

Good logic yes the Bucs always played in cold weather games when they had to come to GB and lost every time. I thought for sure the Eagles would beat the Bucs that year but the Bucs defense won that game and the Super bowl.

FavreToWalker

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
What does 2000 have to do with the Eagles winning the East in 2001, 2002, and 2003?

Your queshtion: Nothing. :D The Eagles have had no competition in the East in the past three years when they won that division. In 2001 before the realingment they had no competition at all. They had the Cardinals who were 7-9 that year but also handed philly a loss in philly so maybe that was their only competition. :D Dallas was 5-11, washington 8-8 and the Giants were also 7-9. The Eagles went 6-2 in the division that year but no competition whatsoever. In 2002 after the realingment the Giants were 10-6 and the only competition to the Eagles. The Giants were the only team in that division to beat the Eagles in the meadowlands in a 10-7 overtime win. In 2003 the Eagles only competition in the East was the Cowboys who were 10-6 and the only team to beat them in the division at Texas Stadium. This year Washington and Dallas will give them hell i think.

FavreToWalker

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Tampa Bay has one of the greatest defenses of all time, the only reason why no one thought they would win was because we owned them the previous three seasons and because they couldn't win in the cold. Did you watch their game the week before? They destroyed the 49ers.

I don't know if you remember watching any of the pregame shows the day of the Carolina game but they were split 50/50, half the people (Bradshaw the one that comes to mind) thought that the Eagles would lose because CAROLINA WAS THE BETTER TEAM. When McNabb got hurt, they definitly were the better team.

Yeah the only way to beat the Eagles is Defense and i will repeat Defense! Dallas has it, Carolina and Tampa Bay. Teams that don't have a defense never usually beat the Eagles and im talking about my team here. 4th and 26 tells you everything.