CBS Top 100 Players (Dak 49)

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The false equivalence is drawing up a similarity between Dak and Kirk based on stats.

Kirks stats are better than nearly all the QBs. Does that mean he's Top 5? Top 6? Because there aren't 5 or 6 QBs with better stats than him.

No......because most of his stats are meaningless. It's against the Lions and Bears. Anytime he's in the Primetime window his stats regress below his mean because he doesn't play well in games people actually see.

Dak might play badly in the playoffs but in the regular season Primetime he usually shines.
I completely agree stats are not the be all end all. I was replying to AC who was saying that Dak was a much better QB than Kirk. The stats nor the eye test bear that out.

My point is that many devoted Dakvidians point to his good stats to say he's a great QB but outright dismiss players like Kirk who have almost exactly the same stats. Dak is just better somehow. Yet they don't like when other people refer to the eye test.

Fairness demands that if you argue one thing for or against in regards to one player, then that should be your position across the board. Right?

I think both benefit from playing in a pass happy league & weak divisions. We could go back & forth on who has done what against whom.

At the end of the day, if we agree they are very similar QB's I think we have reached a reasonable conclusion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don't blame me for being in tune with the times. Dak is ranked anywhere from 5-8 on ANY site. Its an accepted opinion by football publications. Not based on trolls who drop random comments on YouTube.
You’re wasting your time trying to talk any sense with him. lol A lot of trolls come here to drop ridiculous comments about Dak. You have knuckleheads on this board who think great QBs are a dime a dozen. They think it’s as simple as drafting another QB and bingo!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's literally only a collection of weirdos on this board who don't know Dak's a top 10 NFL QB.

It's common knowledge to everyone else.
:laugh:
It's common knowledge to everyone that this is a QB starved league, even average QBs get paid.

I could care less about the money, caving in on term with a 4 rather than 5 year, cost Jerry a lot more than the cash on his last contract.

Language is everything and sadly Dallas FO has been dropping the ball on several contracts, CD should have already been done.

I would love for anyone in this entire forum to explain the game plan, you do not spend the draft capital to obtain a true numero uno WR and after his breakout season not already have him extended with some Jefferson money.

It is very difficult to find a top WR that controls the edge like Lamb now in his prime, so just pay the man already and lock him down with a good contract and term.

CD is my number one priority if Jerry and Stephen have an ounce of common sense.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
You’re wasting your time trying to talk any sense with him. lol A lot of trolls come here to drop ridiculous comments about Dak. You have knuckleheads on this board who think great QBs are a dime a dozen. They think it’s as simple as drafting another QB and bingo!
He seems to give off know it all vibes. I wonder if he realizes how didactic he is.

Pondering about QB upgrades by imagining QBs already in the league on the Cowboys is the first thing wrong with his line of thought