CBS Top 100 Players (Dak 49)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Trust me...I know a lot of Cowboys history. My point is, it's not only the QB that will win the SB. It takes the entire team. Dilfer is not good enough and would be in the lower half of the league in QB ability yet he's won a SB. On the flip side of that, Dan Marino was a beast of a QB but never won a SB. I get people want SBs...so do I, but to blame it all on the QB for any team, isn't good football knowledge
Why don't I see you on here getting on to people for crediting Dak with all those regular season wins?

I actually agree with what you're saying much more than I don't agree with it, but it's just odd how I've not seen you tell other posters than regular season wins take a team also.

Jipper

Reaction score
Agreed but he may get lucky, like Jerry said and believes just get to the dance and anything can happen, history says Dak wilting in the playoffs is what he is unfortunately. It never stops amazing me the excuses and blame the apologists come up with and repeat season after season, imagine almost MVP, almost NFL record and it goes on but somehow they never mention Dak poor choking playoff performances and still support him.
Yup, but hope isn't a strategy unfortunately...as you stated we have to go off of history and that tells us all we need to know about dak and his inability to win when it counts

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Why don't I see you on here getting on to people for crediting Dak with all those regular season wins?

I actually agree with what you're saying much more than I don't agree with it, but it's just odd how I've not seen you tell other posters than regular season wins take a team also.
You have to get regular season wins to get to the playoffs. Maybe I'm missing what you're saying but I'm going to cheer positively no matter who's at QB. Dak is judged differently for some reason. Dak has to play better in the playoffs...period! But so does the entire team. The defense was worse than Dak was in the playoff loss.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You have to get regular season wins to get to the playoffs. Maybe I'm missing what you're saying but I'm going to cheer positively no matter who's at QB. Dak is judged differently for some reason. Dak has to play better in the playoffs...period! But so does the entire team. The defense was worse than Dak was in the playoff loss.
You're telling me not to 100% blame one guy (Dak) for the playoff loses.

I'm asking you why I don't see you telling other posters, on this very thread, to not give Dak 100% of the credit for wins.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Isn’t the last time we saw Rodgers was him stinking it up in a must win against Lions to make the playoffs?

Also he currently hasn’t thrown for 300 yards in a game since 2021 lol.
Still, he's going to be considered one of the top quarterbacks until it's clear that the wheels have fallen off. If he hadn't gotten hurt and missed most of last season, it might have become clear last year. We'll see.

GINeric

Reaction score

I'm asking you why I don't see you telling other posters, on this very thread, to not give Dak 100% of the credit for wins.

Dak does not deserve 100% credit when we win. Just like he doesn't deserve 100% credit when we lose as you try to make it seem.

Again, this is not boxing, golf or tennis.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
6 Cowboys

7 QBs ahead of Dak including Rodgers (seriously? At this point?) and below .500 Herbert.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...garrett-top-defender-in-priscos-rankings/amp/
I think Lamb should be higher based on last season, and I'm actually a bit surprised that Lawrence got recognized. Seems to me that a player who set an NFL record for interceptions returned for a TD deserves to be on the list rather than honorable mention. (I could have actually lived with Lawrence and Brand switching places on the list). And Brandon Aubrey should obviously be No. 1.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Still, he's going to be considered one of the top quarterbacks until it's clear that the wheels have fallen off. If he hadn't gotten hurt and missed most of last season, it might have become clear last year. We'll see.
That’s fine. Me personally I just go based on what I’ve seen and he looks like a shell himself. Will he get better the older he gets? I don’t see it.

Dorsett33

Reaction score

He shouldn't get 100% of the wins. Absolutely not. I have not seen where someone says it's all Dak on the win.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I've said it before, wherever you place Dak, you place Kirk Cousins right behind him. These two are damn near identical except Cousins sat for three seasons, but he's started 9. Let's take a look at their careers

Cousins:
76-67-2 career record
66.9% career completion percentage
270 tds-110 interceptions
1-3 in the playoffs

Dak Prescott:
73-41 career record
67% career completion record
202 tds- 74 interceptions
2-5 in the playoffs
A 64% win% is not remotely identical to a 52% one.

Also you use aggregate stats and do not note that Cousins has played 150 games to Dak's 114. That is misleading at best.

Last edited:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A 64% win% is not remotely identical to a 52% one.

Also you use aggregate stats and do not note that Cousins has played 150 games to Dak's 114. That is misleading at best.
Win % is a team stat not a qb stat from what I hear. When it's convenient anyways.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
In the league right now? Mahomes could overcome this FO and win a title.

Prime Brady, prime manning, prime Brees probably.

This front office legit needs a hall of fame
Caliber elite QB.

That’s their only chance.
What are the odds of this? I would say they are even with actually trading for Mahomes...the FO has to change how they build a team or we will forever be chasing the next HOF QB which is a fools errand..Not saying dont draft QB's I'm saying if your team building strategy relies on finding the next Mahomes/Brady your doing it wrong.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What are the odds of this? I would say they are even with actually trading for Mahomes...the FO has to change how they build a team or we will forever be chasing the next HOF QB which is a fools errand..Not saying dont draft QB's I'm saying if your team building strategy relies on finding the next Mahomes/Brady your doing it wrong.
Yeah it sucks. Winning a Super Bowl is hard. That’s why they need to move on and try the other way of winning a title I listed.

Play with a QB on a cheap rookie deal and have the cap space to build the rest of the team.

So my team building strategy would be. Keep drafting QB’s. If they aren’t elite, don’t pay them a big dollar deal. Let them walk and move on to the next.

Proof

Reaction score
The funny thing about you Dak-only fans is that you keep mentioning him as the runner-up to the MVP last year. He had 152 voting points and no first place votes.

In 2022, Hurts had a first place vote and 193 voting points…2nd most. Eagles fans could be saying the same thing, yet you don’t hear it. Do you know why you don’t hear it? Because it’s a really stupid thing to say.

You were one of the guys that was happy to get the participation trophy in Little League
eagles fans (and the media and posters here) said it often and loud, what are you talking about? you don't hear it now because it was over a year ago and he sucked since then. bringing up no first place votes is such a smooth brain argument as well. was he the runner up or no?