CFZ CeDee Lamb and the 2020 WR draft class

Zman5

Reaction score
I've posted before it's very impressive considering Cee Dee did this playing with backup QBs most of the 2020 season and 5 games this year also.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Cedee Lamb is second only to Justin Jefferson in career receiving yardage from the impressive WR draft class of 2020.

I’m thrilled that Lamb has developed a lot over the last year and emerged to earn that classic “#1 WR” tag. I had posted a thread a couple of months ago about Lamb not yet being at that level. I’m thrilled to say that Mr. Lamb has since proved me very wrong.

He had gone 17 straight games without a 100 yard game- last 9 games last year and first 8 this year. But starting with GB game this yr, he has had 100 yard games in 4 of his last 7 games and has 8 TDs already this year after only having 6 all of last season. And…he was elected to the Pro Bowl.

Sometimes it’s great to be wrong!

Nice to see someone admit it. I think you are the only one man enough. Sad that others have to hide from it.

And now we see one of the biggest reasons Cooper was let go. Lamb had the talent, but talent needs to be featured. That couldnt happen like it could with Cooper here. And paying Cooper 22 million as a #2 was counterproductive.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Maybe it means if Cousins was throwing to CD and Dak to Jefferson the stats would be reversed.

Sarcasm over?

lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Cedee Lamb is second only to Justin Jefferson in career receiving yardage from the impressive WR draft class of 2020.

I’m thrilled that Lamb has developed a lot over the last year and emerged to earn that classic “#1 WR” tag. I had posted a thread a couple of months ago about Lamb not yet being at that level. I’m thrilled to say that Mr. Lamb has since proved me very wrong.

He had gone 17 straight games without a 100 yard game- last 9 games last year and first 8 this year. But starting with GB game this yr, he has had 100 yard games in 4 of his last 7 games and has 8 TDs already this year after only having 6 all of last season. And…he was elected to the Pro Bowl.

Glad we got one of the dominant one's going post season.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I mean, he's averaging over 500 yards more a season than Lamb.
The Viking also throw the ball more which skews this stat. Viking have thrown the ball 604 times vs Dallas 477. They have 3899 passing yards va our 3344 and intended pass yards of 4400 vs our 3700 which pretty telling when you think about it. Jefferson has been targeted a 174 vs ceedee 135 this year alone. He has been targeted 100 more times since the start of their careers so that’s also something to keep in mind. Jefferson is awesome but I’m one of the few that has stuck by ceedee and defended him on this site throughout all the naysayers.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Wasn't y'all singing the praises of some Chase dude last year? Now it's Jefferson!
What happens when Lamb starts to out perform them all? Because that day is coming.
Some Chase dude? Do you even watch football? Chase is elite, I'd rank him second in the league, and Jefferson has been getting praised since his rookie season, he's never had a season with less than 1400 yards

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys got a top 10 pick in the 2020 draft at number 17 in CeeDee so the Cowboys did well in that draft by picking Lamb. You know Jefferson tested better then CeeDee, Ruggs and Juedy during on campus workouts. I think if the NFL had a combine that season I think Jefferson and CeeDee go in the top 10.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Where are the dudes drafted ahead of him?

I remember fans complaining we should’ve drafted the pass rusher from LSU. Lamb is the definition of why you draft BPA.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

Only two guys get number one targets.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Viking also throw the ball more which skews this stat. Viking have thrown the ball 604 times vs Dallas 477. They have 3899 passing yards va our 3344 and intended pass yards of 4400 vs our 3700 which pretty telling when you think about it. Jefferson has been targeted a 174 vs ceedee 135 this year alone. He has been targeted 100 more times since the start of their careers so that’s also something to keep in mind. Jefferson is awesome but I’m one of the few that has stuck by ceedee and defended him on this site throughout all the naysayers.

There's a reason why he's targeted more and they throw for more yards.

Him.