CFZ CeDee Lamb and the 2020 WR draft class

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So now that your excuse of not having Prescott for some games was proven incorrect you no longer care about it.

Winning football? The Cowboys are 11-4. The Vikings are 12-3.

You're saying a lot without saying one simple sentence. Which is "Justin Jefferson is better than CeeDee Lamb."

You're confusing being curious about something with "caring" about it. Yes Jefferson is better.. and I don't care.. I like the guy I got.. and I think he could do more in a different offense. But he doesn't play in a different offense so I aint about to worry about what he might do in another offense until he plays in one.

And yes .. winning football.. you know like 40-3 winning football.. A 27-21 record with the starting QB taking every snap vs 29-19 record with the starting QB missing 16 games winning football. The Vikings have a better record THIS year because they are the luckiest team in the history of football. What are they up now 9 one score wins? They lost to the Cowboys and Eagles by a combined score of 64-10. Nobody thinks they are a legitimate contender.. Including them... because they're not. And I know damn well they don't think they're better than the Cowboys.

Then there's a small matter of how one plays against the best right.. Jefferson has 5 catches for 50 yards in two games facing Diggs and Co the last tow seasons. Diggs missed the 2020 game. Meanwhile Lamb has 15 catches for 188 yards against Darius Slay and Co. this season. Again not saying Lamb is better.. just that the disparity in numbers is IMHO more a function of greater number of opportunities than greater talent. I think the talent level is closer than the numbers suggest. But neither of them gets to call his own number.

But in the final analysis the numbers say Jefferson is the best receiver in that class so far. There is no logical argument to made to the contrary. I just attempted to look a little deeper into it. Sorry if that offends some. Wait a minute.. no I'm not.

J-man

Reaction score
I was standing on the table for Justin pre draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Vikes are 12-3, smh.

RonnieT really seems to struggle with just admitting what's obvious........... sometimes, other players on other teams are actually better than their counterparts on the Cowboys.

In no way can one even attempt to rationalize Lamb as being as good as Jefferson. And there is no shame in that. Jefferson is arguably the best WR in the NFL.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I still think Jeudy can play, he is just in a terrible situation.

It shows how much being drafted by the right team can make a difference.

Batman1980

Reaction score
InferiorBelatedHyracotherium-max-1mb.gif

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Well he didn't play his first two seasons as the #2 guy nor has he had to play 17 games with backup QBs. I hear tell the QB actually matters.. Cousins isn't a great one but he's a quality NFL starter.. Head and shoulders above Andy Dalton, Nooch, Gilbert and Rush.. I wonder what Lamb's numbers look like on a per game basis with Dak pulling the trigger.
Lamb would probably have better stats if his starting QB wasn't injury prone the last couple of years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You think they still trade for AJ if they selected Jefferson instead?
No, they would have a crazy-good tandem of Jefferson and Devonta Smith PLUS the 1st round pick they used for AJ
Bad news for Dallas

Sydla

Reaction score
we stole that pick from the Eagles did we not? I thought they were next in line and we took him. Either way he turned out to be a good pick.

Possibly. There was chatter up here that the Eagles thought there was no way we'd take a WR in that spot given our other needs and players on the board. But some subsequent reporting also suggests they were locked into Reagor all along which was a big mistake. They believed Reagor was going to be more versatile than Jefferson, who they viewed as a slot guy.

One of the funniest videos out there is the web cams of the Vikings as the Eagles pick came in. They were afraid the Eagles were gonna take Jefferson and when they took Reagor, the reactions were hilarious.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Cedee Lamb is second only to Justin Jefferson in career receiving yardage from the impressive WR draft class of 2020.

I’m thrilled that Lamb has developed a lot over the last year and emerged to earn that classic “#1 WR” tag. I had posted a thread a couple of months ago about Lamb not yet being at that level. I’m thrilled to say that Mr. Lamb has since proved me very wrong.

He had gone 17 straight games without a 100 yard game- last 9 games last year and first 8 this year. But starting with GB game this yr, he has had 100 yard games in 4 of his last 7 games and has 8 TDs already this year after only having 6 all of last season. And…he was elected to the Pro Bowl.

Sometimes it’s great to be wrong!

Does Tee Higgins who is only 223 yards behind Lamb even start for the Bengals? Are the Cowboys still looking for replacements at WR? Is/was Jerry still chasing another former LSU WR? Did the Cowboys not hire the former LSU WR coach and let him go? Is that a former LSU WR 1528 yds ahead of the Lamb?

Lamb can become an 88 legend. But, he is not there yet. He has one less Pro Bowl that the player he supposedly replaced as a Cowboy. So, as Parcells said about the last over hyped player Jerry Jones has given Cowboy fans, don't break out the anointing oil.

Stick with your original post a couple of months ago. Cooper proved he could carry a WR group when Dak was lost for a season in 2020, and when Dak missed games 2021 (see Vikings game). Lamb has not done that yet.

Because of the past, Cowboys fans want heroes bad. But, these are not the Dallas Cowboys. Until proven otherwise, they are the Arlington Jonesboys 27 years and counting.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
RonnieT really seems to struggle with just admitting what's obvious........... sometimes, other players on other teams are actually better than their counterparts on the Cowboys.

In no way can one even attempt to rationalize Lamb as being as good as Jefferson. And there is no shame in that. Jefferson is arguably the best WR in the NFL.

I agree that there's no question that Jefferson is better. He's probably my favorite receiver to watch in the NFL and I loved watching him and Chase destroy teams at LSU.

Even though it's early, I think its fair to say he may be on his way to HOF career.

Right now, I'm just happy Lamb is starting to play like a top 10, fringe Top 5 receiver.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Think about how productive Lamb has been.

Now think that Jefferson has been almost 50% more productive. That is INSANE.

different teams have different needs. Jefferson has exactly 100 more targets which is almost 1 full season worth. So his numbers are about what you would expect. This year Jefferson has an insane 174 targets with two games left. The Cowboys had Cooper in Lamb's first two season so no way was he getting those kind of targets.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He did turn things around.
After he dropped that wide open TD pass in the first Giants game I was thinking he would not pan out.
Glad to wrong as well.
I dont see it as he turned anything around... he just got "His quarterback," back. Let Jefferson have his backup qb for five games and Im thinking his numbers nose dive also.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah. We all know Jefferson was the jewel.

Im fine with CD.

Where’s Jeudy on that list? Where’s Ruggs?
Jeudy is damn good..... look at his QB play. My guess is Jeudy would be a Lamb clone if he were in Dallas.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jeudy is damn good..... look at his QB play. My guess is Jeudy would be a Lamb clone if he were in Dallas.
Jeudy is good, but stats are king to some people, and was the point of the OP.

CD has stepped it up of late, and it’s fully excuseable that it took until now with Dak missing most of the time since Lamb has been #1.

He is a top WR and I’m happy to have him. Vikes got lucky with Jefferson same as we did with Parsons. Very few had him ranked ahead of Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs in some order.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I will say that Jefferson and Higgins play with better QBs. A lot better in Higgins' case.[/QUOTE
Jeudy is good, but stats are king to some people, and was the point of the OP.

CD has stepped it up of late, and it’s fully excuseable that it took until now with Dak missing most of the time since Lamb has been #1.

He is a top WR and I’m happy to have him. Vikes got lucky with Jefferson same as we did with Parsons. Very few had him ranked ahead of Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs in some order.

sadly, had Ruggs been drafted by any other team besides VEGAS, hes likely still playing.