CFZ CeDee Lamb and the 2020 WR draft class

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Cedee Lamb is second only to Justin Jefferson in career receiving yardage from the impressive WR draft class of 2020.

I’m thrilled that Lamb has developed a lot over the last year and emerged to earn that classic “#1 WR” tag. I had posted a thread a couple of months ago about Lamb not yet being at that level. I’m thrilled to say that Mr. Lamb has since proved me very wrong.

He had gone 17 straight games without a 100 yard game- last 9 games last year and first 8 this year. But starting with GB game this yr, he has had 100 yard games in 4 of his last 7 games and has 8 TDs already this year after only having 6 all of last season. And…he was elected to the Pro Bowl.

Sometimes it’s great to be wrong!

It also amazes me that the Eagles passed on this guy when they were ready to select. Glad that they did.

basel90

Reaction score

Cedee Lamb is second only to Justin Jefferson in career receiving yardage from the impressive WR draft class of 2020.

I’m thrilled that Lamb has developed a lot over the last year and emerged to earn that classic “#1 WR” tag. I had posted a thread a couple of months ago about Lamb not yet being at that level. I’m thrilled to say that Mr. Lamb has since proved me very wrong.

He had gone 17 straight games without a 100 yard game- last 9 games last year and first 8 this year. But starting with GB game this yr, he has had 100 yard games in 4 of his last 7 games and has 8 TDs already this year after only having 6 all of last season. And…he was elected to the Pro Bowl.

Cee Dee also doing much better than Jeudy whom the broncos picked over Cee Dee. Glad we have Cee Dee.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The Cowboys got a top 10 pick in the 2020 draft at number 17 in CeeDee so the Cowboys did well in that draft by picking Lamb. You know Jefferson tested better then CeeDee, Ruggs and Juedy during on campus workouts. I think if the NFL had a combine that season I think Jefferson and CeeDee go in the top 10.

Yes he did test better. But everyone thought he was nothing more than a slot receiver. I also thought too. But he was faster and runs better routes than Lamb.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well he didn't play his first two seasons as the #2 guy nor has he had to play 17 games with backup QBs. I hear tell the QB actually matters.. Cousins isn't a great one but he's a quality NFL starter.. Head and shoulders above Andy Dalton, Nooch, Gilbert and Rush.. I wonder what Lamb's numbers look like on a per game basis with Dak pulling the trigger.

Okay. Playing along and pretending Prescott is some top passer, here are the numbers in only the games Prescott played. So 10 games total for both players.

Jefferson 86-1286-8
Lamb 60-827-6

Or per game....

Jefferson 8.6-128.6-.8
Lamb 6-82.7-.6

So in just those 10 games he nearly has 500 more yards.

It's not close.

stinkface

Reaction score
With an exception of Pittman (who has no QB) , all those guys are in the playoffs. Great Wide Receivers matter.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Okay. Playing along and pretending Prescott is some top passer, here are the numbers in only the games Prescott played. So 10 games total for both players.

Jefferson 86-1286-8
Lamb 60-827-6

Or per game....

Jefferson 8.6-128.6-.8
Lamb 6-82.7-.6

So in just those 10 games he nearly has 500 more yards.

It's not close.

As long as the Cowboys beat the brakes off the Vikings again if they meet in the playoffs I don't really care. Jefferson's a great receiver.. But the Vikings force the ball to him more than the Cowboys ever will with Lamb. He has almost 50 more targets on the season. The Cowboys will never do that so Lamb is not likely to ever have those kind of volume numbers. Which method works better? Well one guy is about to finish up his first ever winning season in the NFL.. The other guy is finishing up his second straight and HIS team beat the other guy's team 40-3 THIS year. Keep the volume numbers.. I'll take the W's.

I'm not saying CeeDee is better than Jefferson.. just that piling up yards while losing isn't necessarily indicative of Jefferson being that much better. I prefer to play winning football not fantasy football.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
As long as the Cowboys beat the brakes off the Vikings again if they meet in the playoffs I don't really care. Jefferson's a great receiver.. But the Vikings force the ball to him more than the Cowboys ever will with Lamb. He has almost 50 more targets on the season. The Cowboys will never do that so Lamb is not likely to ever have those kind of volume numbers. Which method works better? Well one guy is about to finish up his first ever winning season in the NFL.. The other guy is finishing up his second straight and HIS team beat the other guy's team 40-3 THIS year. Keep the volume numbers.. I'll take the W's.

I'm not saying CeeDee is better than Jefferson.. just that piling up yards while losing isn't necessarily indicative of Jefferson being that much better. I prefer to play winning football not fantasy football.

The Vikes are 12-3, smh.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So now that your excuse of not having Prescott for some games was proven incorrect you no longer care about it.

Winning football? The Cowboys are 11-4. The Vikings are 12-3.

You're saying a lot without saying one simple sentence. Which is "Justin Jefferson is better than CeeDee Lamb."

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So now that your excuse of not having Prescott for some games was proven incorrect you no longer care about it.

Winning football? The Cowboys are 11-4. The Vikings are 12-3.

You're saying a lot without saying one simple sentence. Which is "Justin Jefferson is better than CeeDee Lamb."

Nobody pivots more than a cellphone saleman. Guess what RonaldT24 does for a living?

Ronald: "Sir, Verizon proudly offers the cheapest cellular plans starting at just $80 a month."

Customer: "I only pay $55 for my T-Mobile service. What are you talking about?"

Ronald: "Let's not get caught up in the cost of our plans..."

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
You think they still trade for AJ if they selected Jefferson instead?

They likely wouldn't have Jefferson, Brown and Smith

Odds are they either don't draft Smith due to Jefferson, but still trade for Brown given the value, or they draft Jefferson in 2020 and Smith in 2021 and pass on Brown in 2022.

Either way, it's bad

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
There's no maybe about it. There isn't a GM or scout outside of Dallas that wouldn't take Jefferson over Lamb. He's dwarfed Ceedee's production and I don't have to wait until their careers are over to acknowledge it simply because you're a fan boy.

Lamb's good. Real good. Jefferson is better.

You're mistaken, I think even the GMs and scouts in Dallas take Jefferson

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interesting question ......which former 88 does he mostly remind you of? I'm thinking Drew Pearson .......

Either way, you can he and Dak are finding their chemistry.

blueblood70

Reaction score

right hes not a #1 all we have is bunch of 2 and 3s was the narrative,,ah hmm :rolleyes::popcorn:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yards is partially a volume stat. JJ had 50+ more targets than Lamb last year. JJ currently has 50+ more targets than Lamb this year.

I’d agree that JJ is the better player right now but Lamb is also off to an incredible start to his career. I don’t think there’s a big a gap in them as some claim. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see them alternate having better years down the road.

Regardless we should be incredibly happy with hitting on Lamb as a draft pick.