Twitter: Cedrick Wilson is likely gone

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
OMG....so is Turner not coming back? Please don't tell me that they think Brown can be a starter!!! This team is gonna be sooooo *&*$*()* terrible!!!!

I think the team has hopes that Turner has enough promise to produce pretty well, given the opportunity. He did well in limited use.

Mannix

Reaction score
I think the team has hopes that Turner has enough promise to produce pretty well, given the opportunity. He did well in limited use.
I GUARANTEE you that he will still be splitting time with Brown.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He’s a luxury…..a draft pick can be your 3rd guy.
This, and this draft class may not be the deepest, but there are some upgrades over Wilson available if they fall right, rather deep actually more than the supposed draft gurus are suggesting.
I liked CWs development, I covet any player development when I see them getting better and CW did improve, but his role as WR3 is easily replaceable for much less cap hit.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Here is a very rude question to all my Cowboy brothers and sister here... would franchising Wilson have turned out better than franchising Schultz?
Sounds funny now right?

reddyuta

Reaction score
his best is ahead of him,good OCs will make great use of him especially on short throws in space.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true.

He didn't really do much until his contract year. I love Wilson and hate to see him go. But I can't overpay
That had more to do with missing half the season and Wilson getting a chance to play more than it did with being a contract year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I GUARANTEE you that he will still be splitting time with Brown.

There's no guarantee that either of them will be seeing any appreciable action. There's only the idea that they'll both be on the roster.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here is a very rude question to all my Cowboy brothers and sister here... would franchising Wilson have turned out better than franchising Schultz?
Sounds funny now right?

H-m-m -- hard to say! They're both good, but either would be fortuitous. Dak might have preferred Schultz, however. ;)

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That had more to do with missing half the season and Wilson getting a chance to play more than it did with being a contract year.

People love their narratives. "Contract year" is usually at the top.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Exactly. We found TWill in the 3rd, Crayton in the 7th and Wilson in the 6th. We’re looking for a complimentary wr, not primary. No reason to waste a first day pick on wr

What's funny is we found TWill just a few picks before San Diego found Keenan Allen in the 3rd. Allen now has a streak of 5 straight Pro Bowls going and has caught 100 balls in 4 of the last 5 seasons (97 the other season).

Carson

Reaction score
People love their narratives. "Contract year" is usually at the top.
It’s not the narrative for Wilson. He had injuries and didn’t get a chance to play until last year.

I just am not paying premium price for Wilson. Let somebody like Jacksonville overpay.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It’s not the narrative for Wilson. He had injuries and didn’t get a chance to play until last year.

I just am not paying premium price for Wilson. Let somebody like Jacksonville overpay.

I'm certainly not pining for a 3rd WR. Hope he gets paid but elsewhere too. I think he's overrated here. I'll miss his nice passes though. Prettiest pass of the Minnesota game, Cooper Rush and Cousins included.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we lose Wilson and cut Cooper, then I've got to hope we're planning on making Pollard the slot receiver. That gets him on the field a lot more than he has been and opens up some things that the offense can do. I'm actually hoping that we see more of Pollard no matter what, though.

Excellent point!

Pollard with more snaps as a receiver could play into their overall thought process on the WR position.
- With CeeDee, Cooper and Gallup in 2021, the WR coach was not going to want to replace one of them with Pollard.

In college, Pollard was as good as anybody with regards to turning swing passes into big gains.
- He has a terrific ability to transition from looking back to catch the ball and then turning to gain yards.

As an athlete regardless of position, Pollard is a guy that needs to be on the field for a relatively high percentage of snaps.

During this offseason I would move him to WR even if they move him back to being primarily a RB during the season.
- That would put him in the WR meeting room and with the WR coach.
- RB coaches just aren't going to spend significant time coaching the full WR route tree.