Cee Dee's Interesting comments about last week

Nate Wiggins and George Pickens:

frame-A.jpg


Ball release:

frame-B.jpg


Position of ball in relation to ground:

frame-C.jpg



Can Nate Wiggins negate his backward momentum by planting his back foot and jump the ball's path if the pass was aimed at or just in front of the pylon?
 
Nate Wiggins and George Pickens:

frame-A.jpg


Ball release:

frame-B.jpg


Position of ball in relation to ground:

frame-C.jpg



Can Nate Wiggins negate his backward momentum by planting his back foot and jump the ball's path if the pass was aimed at or just in front of the pylon?
You hater, I guess you've never choked when the pressure was on?
 
Keep going.

I dare you.
I would sign up and post the stills but it seems like you have made up your mind.

The fact of the matter is from the time the throw started until the time the ball was 5 feet out of his hand, there was no separation, Pickens was never looking at Dak, and the defender was locked in on Dak. If your argument is that Pickens came open after the throw, I agree. After the ball left his hand, there was separation, though one could argue that it was the result of a push off by Pickens.

The reality is he was never open until after the throw was made. Sure Dak could thrown it and trust that Pickens would get separation but that’s a different argument. And again if I were a Ravens fan, I would be screaming that Pickens pushed off to get the separation.

As far as buying more time, maybe he could have, we will never know. But if you look at the first still posted when his arm is fully cocked, you can see Jones foot coming down. The next still at release (a fraction of a second later), Jones foot is practically on Dak’s. In the next still when the ball is around 10 feet out of his hand, Jones and the defender are on top of Dak. Without scrambling, I’m not sure how much time he could have bought.
 
You hater,
Proper etiquette demands, "Mister Hater." Not "You." Not "Mr." And capitalize the "H."

I guess you've never choked when the pressure was on?
We brought our newborn daughter home from the hospital. She pooped for the first time. I volunteered to change her diaper. It was my first time. Brand new dad. I thought I would treasure the moment always.

I chickened out and asked my wife to do it instead. She told me not to worry about it and said there would be plenty more diaper changes to come--with bigger loads to dispose of.
 
is this open? right as the arm is moving forward. the DB had leverage and looking back at the QB waiting for the throw
QPcKAjB.png



the ball is in the air at this point, the DB still has leverage and looking back at the QB...

TrFwgLx.png
Yes, for that route, that's open. Pickens is the only one who could have gotten to it.
 
In that case, yes. But I don't think Schotty meant to just automatically throw it away, even if he had an open man.
you don't think, vs. what he said and subsequent comments from players and everything else we heard


I just hate the idea to begin with. that should have never entered his mind. you have a veteran QB, good WRs, then you go for it, and he knows better than to throw it and get it picked off.

regardless, the game was tied. we should have been able to go to overtime with 7 seconds to go. ST coach screwed up. parker screwed up. it was three screw ups one after another.
 
Yes, for that route, that's open. Pickens is the only one who could have gotten to it.
I tend to disagree. because pickens wasn't looking at the QB. the DB was looking back at the QB, the whole time watching for the throw and had pickens locked up.he could have easily stepped in front to either break the pass and worst case scenario pick it off and run it back.

I am not saying, the play call was right, Schotty should have never called that. we had to at least try something.
the whole coaching staff had three brain farrts one after another. this play call, the subsequent kick off (why out of the endzone and not in play to force them to run it back and waste clock) and then parker rushing 6, dropping 5...and the stupidity of the players tackling him. if he fell to the ground, just leave him be... if not touched, the clock keeps running.

we are a stupid team, top down.
 
Dak missed a wide open Pickens. Better quarterbacks would have hit him.

There's your fact, Skippy.
You don’t have to fabricate what happened. Pickens was covered when the ball was thrown. And almost immediately after the ball was thrown, Pickens pushed off the DB and was open as the ball was headed towards the stands.

You may argue that Dak could have waited another second but that is a different discussion.
 
You don’t have to fabricate what happened. Pickens was covered when the ball was thrown. And almost immediately after the ball was thrown, Pickens pushed off the DB and was open as the ball was headed towards the stands.

You may argue that Dak could have waited another second but that is a different discussion.
It's a simple throw to the pylon. Pickens has inside position toward it, and he's not giving up an interception there. You don't throw it to the chirro vendor.

Nothing to fabricate. He panicked.
 
Dak missed a wide open Pickens. Better quarterbacks would have hit him.

There's your fact, Skippy.
How many wide open receivers did Dak miss against the Texans? I think that FSACT comes into play here.
 
There is admittedly a little separation in that still. I caught the screen grab a split second before this one which was tighter. And every still after that will show even more separation because the defenders momentum was going backwards. The homer in me likes that there was no call. But the impartial me says that Pickens probably pushed off to get the separation.
 
I would sign up and post the stills but it seems like you have made up your mind.

The fact of the matter is from the time the throw started until the time the ball was 5 feet out of his hand, there was no separation, Pickens was never looking at Dak, and the defender was locked in on Dak. If your argument is that Pickens came open after the throw, I agree. After the ball left his hand, there was separation, though one could argue that it was the result of a push off by Pickens.

The reality is he was never open until after the throw was made. Sure Dak could thrown it and trust that Pickens would get separation but that’s a different argument. And again if I were a Ravens fan, I would be screaming that Pickens pushed off to get the separation.

As far as buying more time, maybe he could have, we will never know. But if you look at the first still posted when his arm is fully cocked, you can see Jones foot coming down. The next still at release (a fraction of a second later), Jones foot is practically on Dak’s. In the next still when the ball is around 10 feet out of his hand, Jones and the defender are on top of Dak. Without scrambling, I’m not sure how much time he could have bought.
I have made up my mind. As have you.

I've never disputed that Pickens wasn't tied up when Prescott pulled the trigger.

My argument has always been that Prescott pulled the trigger to soon and that he had the .5 seconds necessary to make the play. There would have been a chance had he thrown a catchable ball when he did.

The problem with the stills by themselves is they don't show movement and momentum. Even the last still CFIH just posted shows Pickens turning back with increasing separation from the defender than the previous still showed. He apparently is going to stop there but if he did post the next 2 or 3 stills it would become obvious the play was there.

You would also see the movement and momentum of the rushers which shows Prescott did have the time and space necessary.

I just checked myself again with another run through and I honestly don't see what you guys are seeing.
 
I think looking at this, we can see the defender is looking back at the QB and the throw (as he was the whole play )as pickens is just turning his head and still yet doesn't see the ball...I think the defender realized the flight of the ball and dropped back into the endzone, as I think he was covering for two potential plays, one the cut from pickens to front of the endzone and the other the fade. defender here in this image has the leverage over WR, as if the throw was to pickens, he could cut in front of him or drop into coverage for the fade.

the other things interesting in this image
williams is covered as a potential reviever out of the back field with LB sneaking up towards him and watching the QB for that throw
fergi is covered. I think that's the safety.
both are too far out to make a play anyway.

flournoy could perhaps have a chance as he was leading the DB, although DB was right at his hip and the other DB sitting in a zone in the front part of endzone and the LB in the path of the throw, so dangerous still.
steele is right at the foot of dak. any longer and dak would be hit or pushed by his own lineman.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,215
Messages
14,673,117
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top