CeeDee addresses his mom's comments about Dak

ShortRound

Reaction score

Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb on Micah Parsons’
@BleacherReport
The Edge podcast on Dak Prescott: “I have no beef with my quarterback. I love my dog, he knows that. …
Dak can definitely lead us (to a Super Bowl). He just also needs other leaders. And that’s why I’m pointing at myself.
I can help him. He’s already got so much on his plate.”

On the playoff loss: “I didn’t have the best start to the game. I had a drop. But also I only had two targets.
And no, I’m not pointing at Dak.” On what he needs to do going forward: “First and foremost, I do got to grow up.
There’s plenty of ways for me to handle different situations. Me being mad is not one of the answers. I know this.

I just feel like that’s contagious. I can be more of a leader. I can be more vocal. …
If I’m gonna take this label as being one, there’s times where I have to get out of my shell, get out of my comfort zone. …
I want us to be who we’re supposed to be, the No. 1 offense in the NFL.”

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I mean, what's he really going to say, right?

That being said, I do believe him.
I believe him that there's no standing issue b/t the two. But there was definitely something going on in or around that game beyond normal game frustration. But it's over, and like he said, they can "make some more millions and score some more TDs."

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Oh…I thought they were just tired.

No run game. No balance and threat of play action pass. Can’t stop the run after six years. It’s not just one player or two, the fish rots from the head on down.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The $$$$ at stake is so great that silence and love are mandatory for the occasion.
Micah is next.......whatever not going to change anything in our struggle for glory.
Man I wish they would make CD mama's the GM of the team. :muttley:

CWR

Reaction score
I've spent most of the year being great full CD is a Cowboys. He's was fantastic this year, and he's one of the few elite wrs who isn't a head case.

Which is why his demeanor early in the playoff game really suprised me. I dont think it's an accurate reflection of the player or teammate he is.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I've spent most of the year being great full CD is a Cowboys. He's was fantastic this year, and he's one of the few elite wrs who isn't a head case.

Which is why his demeanor early in the playoff game really suprised me. I dont think it's an accurate reflection of the player or teammate he is.
Maybe we get the scoop years later but something happened prior to the game or in prep for game. The QB and WR had not shown that kind of energy towards each other ever. Then you see McCarthy seemingly consoling CD on the sidelines.

plymkr

Reaction score

Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb on Micah Parsons’
@BleacherReport
The Edge podcast on Dak Prescott: “I have no beef with my quarterback. I love my dog, he knows that. …
Dak can definitely lead us (to a Super Bowl). He just also needs other leaders. And that’s why I’m pointing at myself.
I can help him. He’s already got so much on his plate.”

On the playoff loss: “I didn’t have the best start to the game. I had a drop. But also I only had two targets.
And no, I’m not pointing at Dak.” On what he needs to do going forward: “First and foremost, I do got to grow up.
There’s plenty of ways for me to handle different situations. Me being mad is not one of the answers. I know this.

I just feel like that’s contagious. I can be more of a leader. I can be more vocal. …
If I’m gonna take this label as being one, there’s times where I have to get out of my shell, get out of my comfort zone. …
I want us to be who we’re supposed to be, the No. 1 offense in the NFL.”

I agree that CD needs to grow up but only 2 targets is concerning. I don’t know if that’s Dak or McCarthy or how they’re playing him. But 2 targets for your best player in the playoffs to start the game is terrible. CD needs to grow up, Dak need to play better and McCarthy needs to step up and be a leader.

But I will say it is refreshing that CD called himself out and took responsibility. Good on him. Maybe DLaw should take a page out of CD’s book. No more of this “burnt out” crap.

Sign CD and trade/release Lawrence.

Reactions: CWR