Video: CeeDee Gonna Have 120 Catches

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Meh. Ceedee has always been great in practice. When will it translate to consistency in the real games? Our top WRs are never fully utilized. Dallas loves dumping down to slow TEs who have no chance to make anything happen after the catch. Maybe it has to do with the QB. Or the WRs or our playcalling/play design. Our WRs never seem to be catching the ball moving up the field. It's all these curls and out routes where they are easily tackled after.

Ceedee still has to prove he's a reliable, legit #1 guy. For the first part of this season, he will be the only WR worth anything on the field.

Another garbage analysis.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No thats what most quality #1's get around the league.

12 men ever. Not “most quality #1’s”. And of those 12 men, only 4 were added in the last 10 years

You’re twice as likely to throw a perfect game than catch 120 passes in a season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
12 men ever. Not “most quality #1’s”. And of those 12 men, only 5 happened in the last 10 years

You’re twice as likely to throw a perfect game than catch 120 passes in a season

Its the high end. Most have over 100 catches. I say 100 minimum.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Are we basing this on Dallas’s 20th ranked pass defense, or the fact that Trevon Diggs gave up more yards than any CB in the last 5 years?
Didnt he also have the most interceptions of any CB in the last 5 years?

Also. What did the Cowboys do to the Eagles last season? In the first game. Second game doesnt count.

Ill wait for your response.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He won't be playing our secondary every week though lol. Hope he does and I hope he stays healthy all year!
and yet he was our #1 last year against not our secondary. Led the team, had great season..your point was i mean this is what the entire NFL is doing and reporting.. its camp

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Didnt he also have the most interceptions of any CB in the last 5 years?

Also. What did the Cowboys do to the Eagles last season? In the first game. Second game doesnt count.

Ill wait for your response.

Yes, he had a lot of interceptions. So in the context of the question about CeeDee torching him in practice, opposing DBs will not have as many picks as Diggs did in 2021, and also will not be giving up nearly as many yards as Diggs has been doing in practice. Those two stats very likely are a result of causation.

And the eagles lost both games to the cowboys. on the season, eagles had no CBs come close to giving up as many yards as Diggs did, as neither did the Giants nor the Commanders. Further amplifying that because Lamb is blowing through your secondary in practice is no implication that he’ll do even better against other teams.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes, he had a lot of interceptions. So in the context of the question about CeeDee torching him in practice, opposing DBs will not have as many picks as Diggs did in 2021, and also will not be giving up nearly as many yards as Diggs has been doing in practice. Those two stats very likely are a result of causation.

And the eagles lost both games to the cowboys. on the season, eagles had no CBs come close to giving up as many yards as Diggs did, as neither did the Giants nor the Commanders. Further amplifying that because Lamb is blowing through your secondary in practice is no implication that he’ll do even better against other teams.
Well. I mean.

They may not have given up yards. But they sure as heck gave up a lot more points than Diggs.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Well. I mean.

They may not have given up yards. But they sure as heck gave up a lot more points than Diggs.

That’s tougher to quantify. Diggs gave up 2 TDs last year in man coverage, and the NFL leader gave up 3. Everyone else was at or under Diggs’s number

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Dak could have done that with Amari. Better hands, much better routes, much faster. It just doesn't make logical sense for Ceedee to do more than Amari.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That’s tougher to quantify. Diggs gave up 2 TDs last year in man coverage, and the NFL leader gave up 3. Everyone else was at or under Diggs’s number
One of the TDs I remember Diggs giving up was an INCREDIBLE catch from a NYG. Cant remember his name.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
One of the TDs I remember Diggs giving up was an INCREDIBLE catch from a NYG. Cant remember his name.

I think that’s a microcosm of the volatility of both the TDs allowed and interceptions accrued stats for CB position. If Diggs gives up 5 TDs next year, did he have a worse season? Not really, there may have just been a few more “incredible” catches. If he has only 5 interceptions next year, does that mean he’s not as good anymore? The media may paint it that way, but it’s not entirely fair. There are a myriad of circumstances surrounding the entire defense that result in a QB throwing a football inaccurately or with poor decisiveness. Micah’s pass rush; the safety’s disguise; Anthony Brown’s coverage on the other receiver. Any small disruption to the opportunities Diggs is getting can heavily reduce his final total… regardless of whether or he he deserved it.

So what does that say? At the end of the day, a CB’s job is to play his role in the defense in preventing the ball from getting pushed upfield through the air. In my opinion, yards allowed is a more consistently definable stat to a CB’s play than interceptions, TDs allowed, even passes defended. There can be much more context to this stat of course, such as safety help/how long he’s on an island by himself/who he’s covering in a given circumstance.

Interceptions are a tremendously fickle stat, even if the CB has all world hands and anticipation:

The last guy to have more than 11 INTs was Lester Hayes. His second biggest season was 7, and his third most was 4.

Last guy to even get 11 was Everson Walls. He never had double digit again. Took him 5 years to even get 9 again, and 11 of his other 12 years he had half or less of his 11 count.

Last guy to have 10 was Xavier Howard in 2020, and he followed it up with 5 last year. Guy before that was Antonio Chromartie, and his second highest season was 4. The next most recent guy to have double digit was Champ Bailey, and he only had 1 other season where he had more than 5.

It’s perfectly possible Diggs does it again, but of all the things to bet on not happening in 2021, that one blows everything else away in terms of historical probability.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think that’s a microcosm of the volatility of both the TDs allowed and interceptions accrued stats for CB position. If Diggs gives up 5 TDs next year, did he have a worse season? Not really, there may have just been a few more “incredible” catches. If he has only 5 interceptions next year, does that mean he’s not as good anymore? The media may paint it that way, but it’s not entirely fair. There are a myriad of circumstances surrounding the entire defense that result in a QB throwing a football inaccurately or with poor decisiveness. Micah’s pass rush; the safety’s disguise; Anthony Brown’s coverage on the other receiver. Any small disruption to the opportunities Diggs is getting can heavily reduce his final total… regardless of whether or he he deserved it.

So what does that say? At the end of the day, a CB’s job is to play his role in the defense in preventing the ball from getting pushed upfield through the air. In my opinion, yards allowed is a more consistently definable stat to a CB’s play than interceptions, TDs allowed, even passes defended. There can be much more context to this stat of course, such as safety help/how long he’s on an island by himself/who he’s covering in a given circumstance.

Interceptions are a tremendously fickle stat, even if the CB has all world hands and anticipation:

The last guy to have more than 11 INTs was Lester Hayes. His second biggest season was 7, and his third most was 4.

Last guy to even get 11 was Everson Walls. He never had double digit again. Took him 5 years to even get 9 again, and 11 of his other 13 years he had half or less of his 11 count.

Last guy to have 10 was Xavier Howard, and he followed it up with 5 last year. Guy before that was Antonio Chromartie, and his second highest season was 4. The next most recent guy to have double digit was Champ Bailey, and he only had 1 other season where he had more than 5.

It’s perfectly possible Diggs does it again, but of all the things to bet on not happening in 2021, that one blows everything else away in terms of historical probability.
Agreed for the most part. I feel bad for Diggs because a lot of the yards that "he gave up" were the result of Kazee blowing coverage. Literally almost 100 yards of his total came on one play in the New England game. Kazee blew the coverage and Diggs apparently got torched somehow was the narrative.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Agreed for the most part. I feel bad for Diggs because a lot of the yards that "he gave up" were the result of Kazee blowing coverage. Literally almost 100 yards of his total came on one play in the New England game. Kazee blew the coverage and Diggs apparently got torched somehow was the narrative.

Best way to debunk that narrative about him is to not let it happen again. If he goes out and has even a mediocre year as far as yards allowed, it’ll do wonders for his reputation

jsb357

Reaction score
what's the YAC average gonna be?

that will tell me something about his year.