Ceedee is better than Amari Cooper ever was

Proof

Reaction score
Not only that but in order for Lamb to be what he’s become Amari had to go. I have no doubt in my mind that was the best move. We have issues offensively but it ain’t because of not paying Amari 20 million:
I don't understand this perspective, personally. even if it is true, so what? lamb was already a great #2 so he 'may' not make the leap w/ amari still here, but their combined performances highly outweigh ceedee as the man and whoever his also ran counterpart is. i'd much rather have them both for defenses to deal with, even if one is slightly suppressed.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I think I heard something that Jerry was angry at him, something covid related wouldn't wear a mask or something like that. Whatever

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Up and down like a roller coaster........now let's see a performance this week. Consistency and scheme make a world of difference for the elite.
Well next week one side will be silenced and the other won't shut up that's for sure, Dak apologists vs haters.

But this is not a Dak thread, so I didn't just say that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You must be arguing with one of your personalities :laugh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have not referred to your posts as rule violations, or proclaimed my victory over someone else’s opinion. This is a place for football talk, none of that is football talk.
Then talk football.

You said he hasnt been consistent. You dont go 107-1350-9 like he did last year being inconsistent. He had a total of 4 games last year under 70 yards

You said he would be better with a better WR opposite him. He was a #2 his first two years and was more efficient player with Cooper gone. His QB rating when targeted went up 15 points from 2021 to 2022. And his drop % was cut in half

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Plain and simple

• Plays all over the formations
  • Shows up in big games
  • Shows up on the road
  • Reliable injury-wise (knock on wood)
In this terrible offense, he is on pace for:

111 catches
1537 yards
7 TDs

He is a number 1 receiver and if you think otherwise, youre insane
He is #1 on this team, is he on other teams thats debatable. Is he better than Cooper yes is he better than AJ Brown or Hill or Diggs NO. but he's in discussion. i've watched him disappear in games like others. the reason Irvin was the man was his consistency. the reason Dez was the man was his consistency. all the good ones are consistent and make contested catches. not saying CeeDee does not do these things just not all the time.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well next week one side will be silenced and the other won't shut up that's for sure, Dak apologists vs haters.

But this is not a Dak thread, so I didn't just say that.
True....but my eyes aren't going to be fixated on just Dak, next week. There will be many areas to examine than to merely take an easy route of blame or praise versus excuses and immunity for others. Not gonna happen from me. And as you write.... this is not a Dak thread.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Then talk football.

You said he hasnt been consistent. You dont go 107-1350-9 like he did last year being inconsistent. He had a total of 4 games last year under 70 yards

You said he would be better with a better WR opposite him. He was a #2 his first two years and was more efficient player with Cooper gone. His QB rating when targeted went up 15 points from 2021 to 2022. And his drop % was cut in half
And that statline, until proven otherwise, is still his greatest season he’s ever had. Every player is going to get more stats if they’re thrown the ball more. That doesn’t make a player a #1 based off of the increase in involvement/stats. CeeDee is a better player than he was his rookie year, or he was in the season where was doing whatever he was doing. Amari also isn’t a true #1, so that created another issue for Dallas at the time.

1300+ is a strong season. No one is saying it’s not. But that’s a 1200+ season in a 16 game schedule. That’s Brandon Lloyd, that’s Donald Driver, that’s Jake Reed, that’s Adam Thielen. None of those guys are true #1 WRs either. When their team needed them to be, they put up stats, yes, but they didn’t show up consistently in the games they needed to. They weren’t beating defenses designed to shut them down.

CeeDee is a very good player. CeeDee will get top 5 money. But CeeDee is not being used the best he could be. That would be with a Davante Adams or a Deandre Hopkins on the other side. Asking him to carry the passing game allows games like today, as it did for Brandon Lloyd, but it also leads to all the games where you wondered why Dallas settled on Cook instead of trying to get a #1 WR in the offseason. There are WR’s who are the opposite of that. Players who are wasted by playing second fiddle. Those are true #1’s.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't understand this perspective, personally. even if it is true, so what? lamb was already a great #2 so he 'may' not make the leap w/ amari still here, but their combined performances highly outweigh ceedee as the man and whoever his also ran counterpart is. i'd much rather have them both for defenses to deal with, even if one is slightly suppressed.
Cooper took us as far as he could. He showed he does not show up in big games or on the road. Cooper at 20 plus million allowed us to add pieces like Cooks and Gilmore later on….Gallup to but that didn’t work out in our favor.

Proof

Reaction score
Cooper took us as far as he could. He showed he does not show up in big games or on the road. Cooper at 20 plus million allowed us to add pieces like Cooks and Gilmore later on….Gallup to but that didn’t work out in our favor.
that's like saying everyone on the team has taken us as far as they can. on his worst day he elevates our current corps and that's what's important. his contract or lack there of have zero to do w/ acquiring cooks or gilmore. choosing gallup and schulz over him was a mistake.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
that's like saying everyone on the team has taken us as far as they can. on his worst day he elevates our current corps and that's what's important. his contract or lack there of have zero to do w/ acquiring cooks or gilmore. choosing gallup and schulz over him was a mistake.
It does. This team does not trade for Cooks or Gilmore with Cooper here.

I respect it because the personality needed to change. I want my team to have dogs on it. Not guys who check out mentality or even physically at times.

I just don’t get how people sat through his lack of production in big game and were content with it for 20 million a year.

Proof

Reaction score
It does. This team does not trade for Cooks or Gilmore with Cooper here.

I respect it because the personality needed to change. I want my team to have dogs on it. Not guys who check out mentality or even physically at times.

I just don’t get how people sat through his lack of production in big game and were content with it for 20 million a year.
they don't need cooks with him here. and yes, they'd still trade for gilmore, that doesn't even make sense. if you just want to say you wanted to move on from him because he didn't live up to the expectations, that's fine. he's better than anything we've had since, and made a nice pairing with ceedee though, and we'd be a more complete offense with him here today.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He is #1 on this team, is he on other teams thats debatable. Is he better than Cooper yes is he better than AJ Brown or Hill or Diggs NO. but he's in discussion. i've watched him disappear in games like others. the reason Irvin was the man was his consistency. the reason Dez was the man was his consistency. all the good ones are consistent and make contested catches. not saying CeeDee does not do these things just not all the time.
This is a fabrication.

Im not gonna talk down on the Playmaker because he is my goat.

Dez in his fourth season, had games of 22, 38, 36, 44, and 12 yards. He only had 4 100 yard games that entire season.

Ceedee has two already and we arent even halfway through the season.

He is consistent. His QB isnt and thats the problem

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that statline, until proven otherwise, is still his greatest season he’s ever had. Every player is going to get more stats if they’re thrown the ball more. That doesn’t make a player a #1 based off of the increase in involvement/stats. CeeDee is a better player than he was his rookie year, or he was in the season where was doing whatever he was doing. Amari also isn’t a true #1, so that created another issue for Dallas at the time.

1300+ is a strong season. No one is saying it’s not. But that’s a 1200+ season in a 16 game schedule. That’s Brandon Lloyd, that’s Donald Driver, that’s Donte Stallworth, that’s Adam Thielen. None of those guys are true #1 WRs either. When their team needed them to be, they put up stats, yes, but they didn’t show up consistently in the games they needed to. They weren’t beating defenses designed to shut them down.

CeeDee is a very good player. CeeDee will get top 5 money. But CeeDee is not being used the best he could be. That would be with a Davante Adams or a Deandre Hopkins on the other side. Asking him to carry the passing game allows games like today, as it did for Brandon Lloyd, but it also leads to all the games where you wondered why Dallas settled on Cook instead of trying to get a #1 WR in the offseason.
Those were efficiency stats, not usuage stats (referring to rating while targeted, and drop %)

As far as yardage goes, Lamb ranked 6th in the NFL last year. Those players you mentioned, Stallworth never had a 1,000 season, Lloyd and one, Driver had 3 years over 1,200. Other than maybe Driver, I wish you would have found more apt comparions

1,200 yards isnt as common as you think. It firmly puts you in the top 10 of the NFL (which is where most would agree Lamb is)
2017: 6 players with 1,200 yards
2018: 14 (a real outlier)
2019: 6
2020: 9
2021: 8
2022: 8 with 1,300

So typically you will have 6 to 9 WR's averaging 75 yards a game