CeeDee Lamb can become the first player in NFL history to have?

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
The "alleged"offer on the table would make Lamb 2nd highest paid WR in the league behind J Jefferson and I don't think many would take Lamb over Jefferson. So CD should take the money that's on the table.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The offer on the table would make Lamb 2nd highest paid WR in the league behind J Jefferson and I don't think many would take Lamb over Jefferson. So CD should take the money that's on the table.
Not at $33M.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought stats didn't matter? :facepalm: :popcorn:

only playoff wins matter, no personal accolades backed by stats are allowed, remember?

this guy hasn't helped us win anything get to get us past the second round,

So what makes him more deserving of being signed to this record money he's demanding then Prescott and I'm not trying to bring Prescott in here but he is the one that throws him the ball ,he's the one that has him in position to get this big contract, and to put up those kind of numbers but yet somehow people are taking sides on who's more important to this team.

I'm going to have to say without a quarterback makes no sense to sign all these skill players to record-breaking NFL money but that's just my opinion.. I say it has to be all of them or nothing it's time to trade all these guys if Prescott leaves we could start over with a lot of draft capital until we find another quarterback it makes no sense to have a bunch of highly paid skill players that have been part of all these playoff losses but everyone's anti bringing Cowboys starting quarterback that also puts up great stats as well but only gets his playoff record mentioned but we don't mention the playoff losses for all the skill players for all the people that actually had a huge part in the losses just get overlooked.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Parsons was also a big part of the Bills and Dolphins debacles.

The FO better be hella careful who they choose to break the bank on
I agree. But at the same time...if they can afford all 3 they should build around all 3.

When it came time to pay guys.....I wouldn't have paid Steele and Diggs. But they did.

Parsons concerns me because I just sense he's gonna escape this thing at some point. Him retiring in the prime of his career or leaving just doesnt' seem that crazy to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The "alleged"offer on the table would make Lamb 2nd highest paid WR in the league behind J Jefferson and I don't think many would take Lamb over Jefferson. So CD should take the money that's on the table.
Dak signed his last deal for 40 million a year. Daniel Jones signed his for 40 million a year. Nobody would take Daniel Jones over Dak....salary isnt' about who's better than who.

And even then Lamb's team can say he's better than Jefferson because for one he doesn't have any outside drama, he's durable, consistent....Lamb's team can argue he's a better player and they'd be right.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not at $33M.
Yes he should yes he should yes he should 33 million is so beyond fair and it's called compromise if he doesn't take it he's going to be called greedy I don't care what you say/ yes it makes him the 2nd highest paid WR and non qb in the league!!

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Not at $33M.
As of July 2024, here are some of the highest-paid NFL wide receivers based on average annual value: @

• Justin Jefferson: $35 million

• A.J. Brown: $32 million

• Amon-Ra St. Brown: $30 million @

• Tyreek Hill: $30 million

• Jaylen Waddle: $28.3 million

• Davante Adams: $28 million

• Cooper Kupp: $26.7 million

• DeVonta Smith: $25 million

• Nico Collins: $24.3 million

• DK Metcalf: $24 million @

What am I missing? JJ is 1, Lamb would be 2, AJ Brown would move down to 3.......

Chasing6

Reaction score
I thought stats didn't matter? :facepalm: :popcorn:

only playoff wins matter, no personal accolades backed by stats are allowed, remember?

this guy hasn't helped us win anything get to get us past the second round,

So what makes him more deserving of being signed to this record money he's demanding then Prescott and I'm not trying to bring Prescott in here but he is the one that throws him the ball ,he's the one that has him in position to get this big contract, and to put up those kind of numbers but yet somehow people are taking sides on who's more important to this team.

I'm going to have to say without a quarterback makes no sense to sign all these skill players to record-breaking NFL money but that's just my opinion.. I say it has to be all of them or nothing it's time to trade all these guys if Prescott leaves we could start over with a lot of draft capital until we find another quarterback it makes no sense to have a bunch of highly paid skill players that have been part of all these playoff losses but everyone's anti bringing Cowboys starting quarterback that also puts up great stats as well but only gets his playoff record mentioned but we don't mention the playoff losses for all the skill players for all the people that actually had a huge part in the losses just get overlooked.
That only applies to Dak. Dak gets his stats in garbage time, but CD gets his when the game is on the line.

:laugh:

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree. But at the same time...if they can afford all 3 they should build around all 3.

When it came time to pay guys.....I wouldn't have paid Steele and Diggs. But they did.

Parsons concerns me because I just sense he's gonna escape this thing at some point. Him retiring in the prime of his career or leaving just doesnt' seem that crazy to me.
I'm surprised by that.

By all accounts Diggs took LESS than the market value.

I thought that was one of Jerry's better signings

MarcusRock

Reaction score
As of July 2024, here are some of the highest-paid NFL wide receivers based on average annual value: @

• Justin Jefferson: $35 million

• A.J. Brown: $32 million

• Amon-Ra St. Brown: $30 million @

• Tyreek Hill: $30 million

• Jaylen Waddle: $28.3 million

• Davante Adams: $28 million

• Cooper Kupp: $26.7 million

• DeVonta Smith: $25 million

• Nico Collins: $24.3 million

• DK Metcalf: $24 million @

What am I missing? JJ is 1, Lamb would be 2, AJ Brown would move down to 3.......
When I say not at $33M, I mean not at that wide a gap off Jefferson's salary. I'd be looking for a match or just below at $34.5M or something.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yes he should yes he should yes he should 33 million is so beyond fair and it's called compromise if he doesn't take it he's going to be called greedy I don't care what you say/ yes it makes him the 2nd highest paid WR and non qb in the league!!
"Fair" is a moving target. How many weeks are we since Jefferson signed. The market moves, baby. And pretty much only up.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Dak signed his last deal for 40 million a year. Daniel Jones signed his for 40 million a year. Nobody would take Daniel Jones over Dak....salary isnt' about who's better than who.

And even then Lamb's team can say he's better than Jefferson because for one he doesn't have any outside drama, he's durable, consistent....Lamb's team can argue he's a better player and they'd be right.
Prescott and Jones' contracts were 2 or 3 years apart. Jefferson just signed his contract. You're argument doesn't work because you are comparing apples and oranges.

I never said Lamb should take the deal Amari Cooper took with Dallas 2 or 3 years ago, if I had done that your argument might hold water but I didn't, so it doesn't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm surprised by that.

By all accounts Diggs took LESS than the market value.

I thought that was one of Jerry's better signings
My only issue with the Diggs deal is I wouldn't have paid top dollar for a corner. Not over pass rusher, receiver or quarterback. The deal wasn't bad and the player wasn't but if I had to let someone walk it would've been him just strictly on position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
"Fair" is a moving target. How many weeks are we since Jefferson signed. The market moves, baby. And pretty much only up.
It actually moved down actually that's what I'm saying tyreek hill since has taken 30 million DJ Moore has since taken 27.5 million the league average right now it's $31 million so that's what I'm saying I'm tired of talking about it the market did not move up he's an anomaly you remembered the Sean watches $230 million guaranteed you do realize that nobody else got that 3-4 contracts of major big time quarterbacks they probably deserved it more didn't get it that lone man on an island his contract up until recently even in guaranteed money not total worth never reached that. That's how I look at Justin jefferson's contract Minnesota overpaid him that's on them that does not make that the target I look at the league average of top five guys that went up because of that it's 31 so 33 million is beyond fair so you can argue all you want I'm a common sense guy I'm saying Jefferson jefferson's contract is not the target even if that's how they feel.

taking top five money which by the way you say it moves a lot, so when Trayvon diggs took his deal he was the 4th paid cornerback fourth highest at his position after all this time he's 5th that's it it dropped down one this man didn't ask to be the second highest paid non quarterback in the league he didn't hold the team hostage and he's still one of the top five paid corners even though a years went by the fact is city land would be the number two right now that contract is beyond fair it's beyond compromise both sides should sign this and if not I'm sorry I'm calling the man greedy..

And like I said before I didn't find him greedy holding out I wasn't gonna call him greedy for demanding to make 35,000,000 but what I am calling and greedy is these are a couple of Fair offers the last three weeks and he turned him down now that's not compromising and to me you're greedy I'm sorry I just posted common sense in Trayvon diggs took #4 money and he still top five a year later I'm not getting on lamb side as a matter of fact I'm moving towards the other side I didn't wanna take sides I thought both sides would come to the middle and that 33 million says that's the middle and he turned it down and now he lost me ,now i don't care whether he's here next year or not,

BUT he will play this year, new deal or old, he will never make that money back, it does not make fiscal common sense for him to miss the season, lose 15mil, 2mil apart, says he will never het it back.