CeeDee Lamb can become the first player in NFL history to have?

Thomas82

Reaction score
As long as he doesn’t suffer a serious injury I’m confident he will continue to produce, but he’s going have a tough time duplicating the season he had last year. He set franchise records in catches and yards. He’s going to have to produce a lot to live up to the contract he’s going to get.
If it's up to Stephen Jones, he'll have every opportunity to do it. Stephen said that CeeDee needs to get 12-15 targets every game to justify the contract they're about to give him. When people gave me pushback after I suggested that CeeDee could have an even better season than last year, I said not to rule it out because of the possibility that might force targets to him and the fact that CeeDee is basically all we have at receiver.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If it's up to Stephen Jones, he'll have every opportunity to do it. Stephen said that CeeDee needs to get 12-15 targets every game to justify the contract they're about to give him. When people gave me pushback after I suggested that CeeDee could have an even better season than last year, I said not to rule it out because of the possibility that might force targets to him and the fact that CeeDee is basically all we have at receiver.
I don’t think the focus will be as much on him like it was last season. Cooks should be better with this being his second year with the team and Brooks and Tolbert will get more targets. I see us spreading the ball around a little more, especially with all the attention CeeDee will receive.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I don’t think the focus will be as much on him like it was last season. Cooks should be better with this being his second year with the team and Brooks and Tolbert will get more targets. I see us spreading the ball around a little more, especially with all the attention CeeDee will receive.
I would like to see the ball spread, but this is the Jonses we're talking about.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would like to see the ball spread, but this is the Jonses we're talking about.
CeeDee will definitely see a lot of targets, but he’s going to be dealing with a lot of attention. That should open up opportunities for the other receivers, plus with another year under their belt they should all improve. Our third receiver needs to be more productive this season.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
70 is the cutoff because Randy Moss had 69 receptions his rookie year but also led the league in TDs that year with 17 (Lamb with 5) and also averaged 19.0 yards per catch (Lamb with 12.6). Moss had 53 TDs his first 4 years while Lamb had 32. What would Moss be worth today for a second contract?
With numbers like that? Jerry and his blank check book I would imagine.

Thomas82

Reaction score
CeeDee will definitely see a lot of targets, but he’s going to be dealing with a lot of attention. That should open up opportunities for the other receivers, plus with another year under their belt they should all improve. Our third receiver needs to be more productive this season.
All of what you said is true. With all the attention CeeDee will get, hopefully they can be creative in scheming him open.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I thought stats didn't matter? :facepalm: :popcorn:

only playoff wins matter, no personal accolades backed by stats are allowed, remember?

this guy hasn't helped us win anything get to get us past the second round,

So what makes him more deserving of being signed to this record money he's demanding then Prescott and I'm not trying to bring Prescott in here but he is the one that throws him the ball ,he's the one that has him in position to get this big contract, and to put up those kind of numbers but yet somehow people are taking sides on who's more important to this team.

I'm going to have to say without a quarterback makes no sense to sign all these skill players to record-breaking NFL money but that's just my opinion.. I say it has to be all of them or nothing it's time to trade all these guys if Prescott leaves we could start over with a lot of draft capital until we find another quarterback it makes no sense to have a bunch of highly paid skill players that have been part of all these playoff losses but everyone's anti bringing Cowboys starting quarterback that also puts up great stats as well but only gets his playoff record mentioned but we don't mention the playoff losses for all the skill players for all the people that actually had a huge part in the losses just get overlooked.

I can’t read through this entire thread bc homers never understand. I’ve now read comments from you and the other homers as to why we need Dak. Dak has been here nine years, played with a better line, rb, and all the tools and still couldn’t get it done. CeeDee is reliant on Dak not choking in a big game. CeeDee played in cfp and went over 100 with any quarterback he had in the big games. Only time CeeDee has failed in the playoffs/big games started when Dal became his QB. Didn’t happen with mayfield, Murray, or Hurts at OU.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
The point I was making was the guy after you gets paid regardless of who's perceived better. Talent doesn't factor in to pay when its the next guy up.
That pretty much only pertains to QBs because they are the most important position and there are so few that can play the position at a high level.

Chasing6

Reaction score
And it won’t be a playoff team minus 88. Not to mention what kind of message does it send to the rest of the team. Gotta be great for moral.
You think it is a better message to the team that GM Jethro folds every time?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
You think it is a better message to the team that GM Jethro folds every time?
Paying the players that produce and are good humans isn’t folding. It’s rewarding them and giving them what they’ve earned.

Adreme

Reaction score
$35 mil as the best WR in the game.
He isn’t the best WR in football. I think just about every coach scout and GM would take Jefferson or Hill as the best. After that conversations can start, but the top 2 seem pretty clear right now.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
70 is the cutoff because Randy Moss had 69 receptions his rookie year but also led the league in TDs that year with 17 (Lamb with 5) and also averaged 19.0 yards per catch (Lamb with 12.6). Moss had 53 TDs his first 4 years while Lamb had 32. What would Moss be worth today for a second contract?
This doesn’t take into account who Randy had opposite him. Hof Chris Carter. Not saying CeeDee was moss but his number 1 was Cooper and cooper is def not Chris Carter.
Big point is moss had 126 targets and lamb had 111 have to take that into consideration. Vikings only passed they had no running game, and as stated Moss was the greatest we’ve ever seen. Don’t care who we have at what position, none are goats currently. Not Micah, not lamb, and def not Dak