CeeDee Lamb can become the first player in NFL history to have?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not paying a corner 100 millon over QB, pass rusher or All Pro receiver. I'd pay corner over receiver if my best receiver is a fringe number one receiver. That's not Lamb. Lamb is better at his position than Diggs is at his.
Maybe you didn't read first of all you and I don't pay anyone and you and I don't build teams you and I have no control over that I'm saying most GM's and you can listen to Jimmy Johnson he actually confirmed the receiver is actually lower on the list and you can do it with the receiver by committee or getting young receivers out of the draft now they did it in Kansas City and I know they got Patrick mahomes but it's getting the right mix but you can replace receivers faster nowadays look at how many great receivers there are now some teams have two or 3 Deop of young receivers right now. So say we got a A1 and A2 or something along those lines from a team for CD lamb you don't think we could find a receiver moving up in the draft with the extra draft capital we got in finally receiver you have you been paying attention the last five or six years?

And we've had a lot of superstars at wide receiver lately that's why the 88 is popular plenty of great ones but the one thing we couldn't replace fast enough is finding what they called war daddies you know pass rushers like Micah Parsons don't come along as much but I'm telling you corners and pass rushers and offensive lineman and quarterbacks are higher on the list to be paid than star wide receivers in most GM's minds of course they wanna start wide receiver but I'm trying to tell you what they're list is and it's after those people I listed.. You can say lamb is better then things but that's not the point and that's also doesn't make it true. What makes it true is this if CD lamb is not gonna take top five money and he thinks he's gonna hold the team hostage then I'd rather get the draft picks right now I'm telling you I'm over it 33 million is plenty and if he doesn't take it he's greedy he's being greedy I don't mind the damn holdout I don't mind him asking for the world but at some point you have to compromise and 33 million is a perfect compromise IMHO

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pay Dak and forget about this fool
I'm starting to get that as well.. If he doesn't think $33 million is enough and that's a compromise in my opinion seems to be that's pushing to the middle of the table you have their ownership moving up a little from 30 million I mean the average pay right now is 31 million for a top five wide receiver and then you have lamb should be able to come down as well and I don't see and I don't care about guarantees and all that other nonsense the man if he wants more than that if I'm the ownership that's it I'll keep saying that's that's it that's all we have to offer right now and he will suit up and play game one I guarantee it because and he's willing to lose 1 million a game on top of his game fines and the things that sitting out and letting those accumulate that he'll ever get it back no if you're only 2 million apart you'd have to play almost seven years or more to get that money back if he holds out 12 games this year that's about $15 million.. This makes no sense to me that he needs to be paid Justin Jefferson money when everyone else including tyree kill only took 30 million he he's upset at an offer that makes him the second highest paid wide receiver in the league and the second highest paid non quarterback in the league.

Proof

Reaction score
70 is the cutoff because Randy Moss had 69 receptions his rookie year but also led the league in TDs that year with 17 (Lamb with 5) and also averaged 19.0 yards per catch (Lamb with 12.6). Moss had 53 TDs his first 4 years while Lamb had 32. What would Moss be worth today for a second contract?
yeah i hate silly stats like this. ceedee is awesome in general, but who cares about that nonsense

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
70 is the cutoff because Randy Moss had 69 receptions his rookie year but also led the league in TDs that year with 17 (Lamb with 5) and also averaged 19.0 yards per catch (Lamb with 12.6). Moss had 53 TDs his first 4 years while Lamb had 32. What would Moss be worth today for a second contract?
First 4 years

Moss

Games: 64
Receptions: 308
Yards: 5396
YPC: 17.5
YPG: 84.3
TD: 53

Dez

Games: 59
Receptions: 293
Yards: 4104
YPC: 14.0
YPG: 69.6
TD: 40

Lamb

Games: 66
Receptions: 395
Yards: 5145
YPC: 13.0
YPG: 78.0
TD: 32

Dez's 3-year prime (seasons 3-5 when he broke 1K yards)

Games: 48
Receptions: 273
Yards: 3935
YPC: 14.4
YPG: 82.0
TD: 41

Lamb's 3-year prime so far (seasons 2-4 when he broke 1K yards)

Games: 50
Receptions: 321
Yards: 4210
YPC: 13.1
YPG: 84.2
TD: 27

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, at his age, maybe 18 million a year.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
First 4 years

Moss

Games: 64
Receptions: 308
Yards: 5396
YPC: 17.5
YPG: 84.3
TD: 53

Dez

Games: 59
Receptions: 293
Yards: 4104
YPC: 14.0
YPG: 69.6
TD: 40

Lamb

Games: 66
Receptions: 395
Yards: 5145
YPC: 13.0
YPG: 78.0
TD: 32

Dez's 3-year prime (seasons 3-5 when he broke 1K yards)

Games: 48
Receptions: 273
Yards: 3935
YPC: 14.4
YPG: 82.0
TD: 41

Lamb's 3-year prime so far (seasons 2-4 when he broke 1K yards)

Games: 50
Receptions: 321
Yards: 4210
YPC: 13.1
YPG: 84.2
TD: 27
Throw Michael Thomas in there too. He actually had 90+ catches his first 4 years in the league and would have had a 5th if he didn't get injured (he caught 149 balls the year before). That's why CeeDee is even in position for this "record" over 5 years and not 4, otherwise 90 catches is the standard to start a career.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
$50 million per year if he played Dallas every week.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think he's also been sighted at Chuck Norris's house. What can he not accomplish?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Throw Michael Thomas in there too. He actually had 90+ catches his first 4 years in the league and would have had a 5th if he didn't get injured (he caught 149 balls the year before). That's why CeeDee is even in position for this "record" over 5 years and not 4, otherwise 90 catches is the standard to start a career.
Good point. Michael Thomas’ first 4 years were ridiculous, then he fell off a cliff (injuries and wasn’t a very fast player to begin with). Odell Beckham’s first 3 years might’ve been even better. And Dez 3 great years in his first 5 before falling off.

Honestly, it seems more likely to only get 3-4 great years out of a player. Lamb gave us 4 great years. What are the odds that he’ll give us 4 more?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Good point. Michael Thomas’ first 4 years were ridiculous, then he fell off a cliff (injuries and wasn’t a very fast player to begin with). Odell Beckham’s first 3 years might’ve been even better. And Dez 3 great years in his first 5 before falling off.

Honestly, it seems more likely to only get 3-4 great years out of a player. Lamb gave us 4 great years. What are the odds that he’ll give us 4 more?
For Lamb I'd say he's had 1.5 great years and the rest very good but the great years stretch is current. Does he have 3 or 4 more? That's the risk. As with any player, a receiver is always an injury away from not being available and possibly not as good as they were before. Without him right now though the offense is toast. Decisions, decisions.