CeeDee Lamb can become the first player in NFL history to have?

blueblood70

Reaction score
When I say not at $33M, I mean not at that wide a gap off Jefferson's salary. I'd be looking for a match or just below at $34.5M or something.
and i don't care what you'd be looking for that that number should be enough. that list shows the true 31 AAV so 33 way about that that it Dallas cowboys I'm just going to use that deal and keep passing it to him, not moving off it...line drawn...go ahead lose 15mil sitting out that you will never recover from.. sure, lets your ego and agent make bad decision like Brown and Bel did.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My only issue with the Diggs deal is I wouldn't have paid top dollar for a corner. Not over pass rusher, receiver or quarterback. The deal wasn't bad and the player wasn't but if I had to let someone walk it would've been him just strictly on position.
you would be wrong corner trump's wide receiver in the aural order of priority in the NFL, all day every day

QB
OL
Pass rush, corner, WR.

sorry, that's the order. Hell man listen to Jimmy in that interview, he said that exact thing. KC let HIll go , Adams, TO, Hopkins twice, AJ Brown, cooper twice and other WRs all let walk in trades Chase not signed Ayuk in a battle.. i'm not saying don't sign the guy but this is ridiculous for him to turn this deal down IMHO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Prescott and Jones' contracts were 2 or 3 years apart. Jefferson just signed his contract. You're argument doesn't work because you are comparing apples and oranges.

I never said Lamb should take the deal Amari Cooper took with Dallas 2 or 3 years ago, if I had done that your argument might hold water but I didn't, so it doesn't.
The point I was making was the guy after you gets paid regardless of who's perceived better. Talent doesn't factor in to pay when its the next guy up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you would be wrong corner trump's wide receiver in the aural order of priority in the NFL, all day every day

QB
OL
Pass rush, corner, WR.

sorry, that's the order. Hell man listen to Jimmy in that interview, he said that exact thing. KC let HIll go , Adams, TO, Hopkins twice, AJ Brown, cooper twice and other WRs all let walk in trades Chase not signed Ayuk in a battle.. i'm not saying don't sign the guy but this is ridiculous for him to turn this deal down IMHO
I'm not paying a corner 100 millon over QB, pass rusher or All Pro receiver. I'd pay corner over receiver if my best receiver is a fringe number one receiver. That's not Lamb. Lamb is better at his position than Diggs is at his.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Assuming he continues to produce after they pay him. The Cowboys have had some bad luck with receivers continuing to produce after they paid them. Miles Austin and Dez Bryant’s numbers started dropping off after they got paid. Austin started having hamstring issues and Dez got injured.

Retro88

Reaction score
I'm not paying a corner 100 millon over QB, pass rusher or All Pro receiver. I'd pay corner over receiver if my best receiver is a fringe number one receiver. That's not Lamb. Lamb is better at his position than Diggs is at his.
I'd just pay them all. You need them all. The only one you don't "Need" is Lamb but since the rest of our WR core isn't great "We" actually do need him too.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Pretty remarkable. Pay the man!

Let's not forget, a ton of his numbers were accumulated the same way Prescott has accumulated his outrageous stats, by playing against TOADS and prevent defenses in the league. When he has played against the better teams, just like Prescott, he has struggled against them too. They're two peas in a pod..............

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And what has Lamb or Micah won you? Weren't they apart of that Packers debacle too?
Hey hey don't you debate me about that, i'll agree with you until the cows come home!!!!!! If you're saying this, then why even sign them to these big deals. They get you stats but in the playoffs it's something else. Big time players make big plays

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lamb has proven himself on the field and no off field concerns I'm aware of. From that standpoint, paying him near the top of the range isn't unreasonable. I'm not paying top dollar just because he isn't the best receiver in football.

However, if I were an organization, the supply of viable WR's has probably never been better. Accentuate that with TE's & pass catching backs and I can find ways to move the ball via the air. I could very much understand the temptation to trade the player & replace with cheaper alternatives. Nothing against the player, just what makes the team better.

stiletto

Reaction score
Out of the big 3, he's the only one I'd pay right now. Seems like a simple contract to get done also. Maybe they are just stalling as an excuse to give him the entire camp off. lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Assuming he continues to produce after they pay him. The Cowboys have had some bad luck with receivers continuing to produce after they paid them. Miles Austin and Dez Bryant’s numbers started dropping off after they got paid. Austin started having hamstring issues and Dez got injured.
One of my biggest fears!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One of my biggest fears!!!!
As long as he doesn’t suffer a serious injury I’m confident he will continue to produce, but he’s going have a tough time duplicating the season he had last year. He set franchise records in catches and yards. He’s going to have to produce a lot to live up to the contract he’s going to get.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As long as he doesn’t suffer a serious injury I’m confident he will continue to produce, but he’s going have a tough time duplicating the season he had last year. He set franchise records in catches and yards. He’s going to have to produce a lot to live up to the contract he’s going to get.
which hasn't happened, THEN we'll be back on here bashing Lamb about how he's not worth the money and we paid too much

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
70 is the cutoff because Randy Moss had 69 receptions his rookie year but also led the league in TDs that year with 17 (Lamb with 5) and also averaged 19.0 yards per catch (Lamb with 12.6). Moss had 53 TDs his first 4 years while Lamb had 32. What would Moss be worth today for a second contract?
Honestly, I think it would about that same. It's more about setting the market as highest paid rather than the numbers themselves. So in this day and age, Moss would prbably get 36 per year or something like that.

stiletto

Reaction score
which hasn't happened, THEN we'll be back on here bashing Lamb about how he's not worth the money and we paid too much
Doesn't every team risk a player not living up to any contract they give out though? I guess it is amplified when it happens to the Cowboys..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
and i don't care what you'd be looking for that that number should be enough. that list shows the true 31 AAV so 33 way about that that it Dallas cowboys I'm just going to use that deal and keep passing it to him, not moving off it...line drawn...go ahead lose 15mil sitting out that you will never recover from.. sure, lets your ego and agent make bad decision like Brown and Bel did.
Do not venture into a side job as an agent. When CeeDee signs for above $33M, I want an apology, young man.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doesn't every team risk a player not living up to any contract they give out though? I guess it is amplified when it happens to the Cowboys..
I wouldn't know I'm only focused on the team with the star on their helmet