CeeDee Lamb claims Brock Purdy wouldn't be successful if he didn't have offensive weapons

Hadenough

Reaction score
He probably wouldn't be as successful. That 49ers team is built to plug in any half competent QB and make him successful. That way they don't have to pay the QB position. That being said I don't believe Dak could make it to a SB if he were on the 49ers. Dak has a lot of talent around him and he folds like a cheap tent on the biggest stage.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sure, why did Shannahan tell the owner he had found the team's next quarterback when he had Jimmy G and Trey Lance?

While speaking with the media on Thursday, 49ers owner Jed York said Shanahan told him before the 2022 season that Purdy was the best quarterback on the team. At the time, the 49ers were committed to giving Lance a chance as the starting quarterback, while Garoppolo returned as the backup

The guy processes the field at a rate the choker will never be able to. shrugs.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
........should I place Cee Dee as an early Fall Guy nominee for next season since he's about to get paid? That is a Fall Guy criteria box checked. Didn't see anything disparaging in his comments about Brock Purdy, since he was asked.
I don’t care or even know what he said about Purdy , all I know he’s another talker with zero substance when it counts. Can you imagine Michael Irvin fading and dropping passes at the start of a game that puts you one win away from a. Super Bowl? He’s just like Dak and Parsons, Cowboys have the worst super stars in the nfl. All three of these guys beat up on tomato can teams and fold like lawn chairs in a hurricane in big games. They suck mightily when it counts,

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
All I know is they have beaten us the last 3 times. Wake me when we finally beat them, till then “I’m Sleep”.

Staubacher

Reaction score
They are all talkers who feel entitled before accomplishing anything

This season is looking to be s disaster
Agreed. It doesn't matter if what Lamb said is right or wrong. Not one Cowboys player should be mouthing off on anyone. They should focus on themselves and why they can't show up for big games and good teams prepared and tough.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, CeeDee....,.he DOES have offensive weapons.
First of all CD Lamb did not make this up it's being asked for years now with Brock Purdy's two seasons, they've seen him play without deebo Samuels number one he don't look good at all when he's off the field , even if it's for two quarters then you take Ayuk or cmac off the field he's even worse that you remember the three-game losing streak this is something media and fans have been asking for a while is Brock a system quarterback who needs a lot of weapons...

Yes, but that's like most quarterbacks that are not Patrick Mahomes... who they seem to keep taking weapons away from and he's still finding ways to win games... We all know that most quarterbacks need some weapons to succeed especially along the offensive line a strong run game etcetera etc

I mean Lamar Jackson couldn't even get it done and he had one of the best run offenses in football and the best defense in football last year and he couldn't manage to score when it counted most they made mistakes, it happens same thing with our quarterback anybody here who keeps saying that about Prescott all he needs weapons it's the same thing they're saying about Brock Purdy and most other quarterbacks are gonna be the most successful when their entire team is on the field...

You cannot deny the fact that the 49ers are the one most loaded teams in all three phases including the coaching staff and then yet they still have not won a Super Bowl since 1994 but the last few years on Brock purdy's rookie contract there was a statement made the other day on 1310 the ticket I believe and I was listening and when you have a quarterback on the rookie contract people are saying that's your window correct well it's not happening much lately they had $49 million more to spend on their team ironic right the 49ers then Patrick mahomes LED Kansas City team had because of what they're paying Patrick mahomes and he's still winning Super Bowls this is pretty much the highest paid quarterback in the league and people are saying you can't win well he was also the only quarterback or the last quarterback under a rookie contract that one a Super Bowl so he's the outlier Patrick mahomes is unique transcendent and he could do more with less and there's not very many of those that come along....​
So why is it a knock on Brock Purdy to say the same thing we say about Prescott jalen hurts I mean we're talking about a whole lot of other quarterbacks that say man if they just had a weapon or two more man if they had a run game and a better offensive line... Are we sit here and say man if Dan Quinn's defense just would have played a little bit better maybe they could have held up you know like the 49ers did in the NFC championship game with the lions they were down by the same amount of points but their defense and their team covered up any deficiencies in Brock purdy's game...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some people like to pick a few words and turn it into something else.
Especially when we all know this has been a narrative not only for Brock Purdy is he a system quarterback is he what they call a game manager well that's most quarterbacks in the league but this is not the first time it's been asked or answered in the same manner about the same guy most of the top quarterbacks in the league outside of Patrick Mahomes have to have a really good team around them and things to go right for them to win big that's just situational complementary football most teams need the team to show up in all three phases with a little luck sprinkled in to win championships Patrick Mahomes is on an island he is a transcendent quarterback and those don't come around very often...

So why is this a knock on a quarterback, it's just the truth...​

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
How is this crazy? They asked his opinion on someone and he gave it. He never said he was a bad player. He said he likely would not be as successful without his offensive weapons. Are you suprised a WR thinks WR's are greatly related to the success of the QB? I swear a lot of the posters here have just gone crazy. Anytime someone on this team speaks, in the offseason at that, they think the world is about to explode. Just. Calm. Down.
Old heads love to complain about meaningless ***t that doesn’t affect them. Its normal. Maybe even necessary for well being.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This was his quote:

No disrespect to Brock Purdy, but absolutely not. He’s a great player, he makes the right passes. Your first question before this one was, ‘If he went anywhere else, would he still lead these guys to the big game?’ I don’t think so but I do feel like he’s the perfect piece that’s needed in San Fran.”

what is so insane about what He said?
It's just dumb. He's right...but its dumb to say. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Whenever you start off with "no disrespect to..." then you're about to disrespect someone.

The SMART thing to say is "he's a great QB. I think he'd be great anywhere!"

I mean...do you ZONERS want everyone in ur lives to tell you all kinds of things about you that aren't especially nice to hear, but might be true?
"Hey, you're fat and boring". Might be true (you know who u are), but is it cool for people to come up and tell you that?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gregory and Young suck lol. I’d rather have Micah lol.
I don't think they suck but they're not really starters are they I mean they're like Armstrong and Fowler here? They're just role players I wouldn't say they suck but they're no longer the dominant type player that could get the starting job which was their expectations and they both failed in that their own team was about to bench young they said he wasn't giving me full effort there were some stories out there from the 49ers camp that they're growing tired of his inconsistencies the way his effort on the field is... I don't think anybody thinks they're better than Micah but like I said I compare them to our depth Armstrong and Fowler we didn't need guys like that we they made those trades the Phillip perceived need but they got bosa on the other side they got dudes in the middle that could do some damage they were looking for rotational role players and that's what they got...

Yes the trades were overrated here everyone's like why doesn't Jerry do that well lot of players that got traded around the trade deadline that were even an option for the Dallas Cowboys you know something not out of our division we didn't need those guys...

CowboysRule

Reaction score
It's just dumb. He's right...but its dumb to say. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Whenever you start off with "no disrespect to..." then you're about to disrespect someone.

The SMART thing to say is "he's a great QB. I think he'd be great anywhere!"

I mean...do you ZONERS want everyone in ur lives to tell you all kinds of things about you that aren't especially nice to hear, but might be true?
"Hey, you're fat and boring". Might be true (you know who u are), but is it cool for people to come up and tell you that?
But he didn't say anything disrespectful. He didn't say "Brock is garbage and would be a failure anywhere else", just that he had a lot of weapons around him. I'm sure Brock would say the same if you asked him.