CeeDee Lamb removes Dallas Cowboys reference from social media

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seriously…

How is ANY of this about anything but both players wanting top of the market deals (which will no longer be six months from now) and them not wanting to pay it because Jerry is pissed off about GB?

That’s all this is. There’s no grand master plan. If it’s a ‘keep it together’ deal, they are beyond blowing it, if it’s a rebuild, well then guys like Martin, Lawrence, Diggs and especially Lamb ought to be shopped as of now.

My big problem is it’s clear there’s no plan that makes any sense. Don’t have to be on the inside to see that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
CeeDee's childish actions just prove he definitely must have been spewing Dak hatred in private to his mom last year. Explains why she went into a Dak attack rant after their GB playoff loss.

Jipper

Reaction score
Good - I’m tired of the players feeling like they have the power to get out of contacts

I like ceedee but the drama stuff is dumb- he’s going to get paid, just show up and say that the business will get done

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Shedeur stinks from what I have seen. Not fast, not elusive, takes tons of sacks, holds onto the ball forever. He does make some plays but he really needs to light it up this year!
I wasnt worrying about if he is good or stinks.....

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
This very well could all be a "ruse" of what is actually happening. Who's to say Jerry hasn't secretly called C.D. and concocted this scheme to play out in public as it is good to keep the boys relevent in the media. They could both be laughing at how all this is playing out knowing full well Jerry and CD have an understanding of when he will be signed.
not as farfetched as some may think. this is a free way to get publicity, and let the young guns work.

I was thinking yesterday just how many weeks does CeeDee actually "need" to get in some reps. Three? if so, then he'll come in for the final two weeks of preseason.

That would be Monday the 12th.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Maybe this is a stupid question. I have no idea... If Cee Dee has 2 years left on his current contract, lets say he signs "the big contract". does the money from the "big contract" kick in right away or does he wait til after his current contract is up before the "new money" kicks in?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe this is a stupid question. I have no idea... If Cee Dee has 2 years left on his current contract, lets say he signs "the big contract". does the money from the "big contract" kick in right away or does he wait til after his current contract is up before the "new money" kicks in?
He only has 1 year (2024) remaining on his current contract, which is a fifth-year team option.

Regardless of who is being greedy (assuming one side is), it is very understandable that Lamb wants a new contract given a serious season-ending injury could derail his contract leverage for 2025 and beyond.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please stop using Ernie as a source. That's a troll account.
Ernie is on the same level as................
homer-simpsons.gif

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Jerry's comment brought about similiar feelings to Zeke who?

I still think a deal gets done and Cee Dee Lamb removing Cowboys references from social media doesn't change that. Cowboys do seem like they plan to play hardball with these contracts.

I wonder how far apart that are money wise. They probably started by offering the Amari contract from a few years ago.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb removed a reference to the team from his social media bios after questionable comments from owner Jerry Jones.
Josh Sanchez
8/9/2024

01j4v864qxp0ajr6ewbm.jpg

Dallas Cowboys fans were riding high after the team's joint practice with the Los Angeles Rams.

Players on both sides of the ball were making flashy plays and showing promise ahead of the start of the preseason, and it was good vibes only in Cowboys Nation.

Then, Jerry Jones opened his mouth.

More: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/ceedee-lamb-removes-dallas-cowboys-reference-social-media

JJ is making money if he pays his so-called stars or not. Maybe it's time to play the NEXT UP MAN game and see if that brings any playoff success, because the three players asking for the most money haven't been able to get it done.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
so?? Come on people this is just more posturing by both sides we do not know what lamb and his agents are demanding and when Jerry says these things in public for one you should ignore it but for two he's absolutely correct what's the rush literally there is no urgency because Sadie lamb is under contract and also CD lamb can be franchise tagged not just one year he could be two years we own this man's rights and I know it seems like a bad look but jamar chase is not signed Brandon iuke going through the same thing at least there's no rumors that Jerry Jones family are looking to trade city land and city lamb has not demanded a trade therefore this is just public posturing for negotiations and anybody getting caught up in the hype and somehow need to pick a side or ridiculous this is both sides are to blame for this not getting done right now we do not know what the demands of the contracts are and what the Cowboys have countered with nobody knows not a single person knows anything and I thought Eddie if it's serious we would know his agents would probably release more details about both contracts offers if they really wanted to try to smear Jerry in this front office for allegedly being cheap that doesn't seem to be the case..

By the way if anything that the wide receiver markets since Justin Jefferson have seen the gone down not up we've seen a lot of guys even tyreke kill who just was voted the best player in the NFL on the top 100 he just accepted 30 million a year for three years fully guaranteed that's 30 not 34 not 35 but 30 a lot of guys have been getting around 30 to 32 and it seems like some of these guys want 34 and $35,000,000 because they want this new trend setting I wanna be the second highest paid player in the NFL outside of quarterback and that will hold up any negotiations...
How does Chase’s and Aiyuk’s contract issues make it no problem that Lamb is holding out looking for a new contract?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry's comment brought about similiar feelings to Zeke who?

I still think a deal gets done and Cee Dee Lamb removing Cowboys references from social media doesn't change that. Cowboys do seem like they plan to play hardball with these contracts.

I wonder how far apart that are money wise. They probably started by offering the Amari contract from a few years ago.
Yeah, it's just Lamb's version of Cabo. BTW, Elliott's holdout wasn't resolved until right before the first full workout before the season opener. There really is no urgency in the preseason with this ownership.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb removed a reference to the team from his social media bios after questionable comments from owner Jerry Jones.
Josh Sanchez
8/9/2024

01j4v864qxp0ajr6ewbm.jpg

Dallas Cowboys fans were riding high after the team's joint practice with the Los Angeles Rams.

Players on both sides of the ball were making flashy plays and showing promise ahead of the start of the preseason, and it was good vibes only in Cowboys Nation.

Then, Jerry Jones opened his mouth.

More: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/ceedee-lamb-removes-dallas-cowboys-reference-social-media

Its amazing how cheap the Cowboys have become. His contract should have been taking care of long ago. He is the best player on the team and they treat him like crap.