CeeDee Lamb removes Dallas Cowboys reference from social media

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
LOL, can't just fake an injury. They have an entire medical team/MRI machine's etc.
100% can fake an injury. Back tightness doesn’t show up on an MRI.
Brandon Atuk has been doing this the entire preseason.
Every player who holds in does this.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I just hate this kind of stuff. Just so childish and unprofessional.
I've always loved CeeDee as a player. He's an amazing talent.
But you're under contract for almost 18 million dollars this season.
Be a professional and honor your contract.
If you're miffed, there will be a time when you are a FA and can go play for someone else, but that time is not now.
You know what you're getting into when you become an NFL player.
There are rules.
I've been VERY critical of the Cowboys ownership/management, but on this one, I feel the player is wrong and acting entitled.
I will offer this criticism: The tea leaves have fallen as to CeeDee's value, so just get it over with and sign him if you intend to make him a feature player on the team moving forward. Jefferson is signed, IMO CeeDee should get just a tad under what JJ received, so why not get it done and don't even risk an ugly holdout. But that's the Cowboys, isn't it?
That being said, CeeDee was a first round pick, so his 5th year deal is 18 mil, it's not as if he was a 7th rounder making peanuts, he has a very respectable salary for this season.
Honor your contract, and I hope the team stands firm and does not forgive the fines.
CeeDee also knows the penalties he faces holding out under contract. They are stipulated in the CBA. Whatever it is he’s asking for Jerry Jones is not comfortable with it. There is a point in time CeeDee will have to return. His attitude when he rejoins the team may not be what a team wants in the locker room. Jerry Jones feels no urgency in settling on terms with Lamb. His holdout apparently is not that important.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I’m over it, I don’t want Ceedee or Dak at this point. Signing some huge contract to stay won’t change that. I want a new HC too. This is going to be a long 7 months. I just hope they draft well the next two years why the defense is still good.

stinkface

Reaction score
Maybe he will just retire and pursue a law degree, write a book and run for congress.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems like Jerry and Cee Dee are playing the age-old game of "I dare you" in this situation.:huh:
Sooner or later, something's gotta give! The end result should be interesting to take note of. :grin:

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Maybe this is a stupid question. I have no idea... If Cee Dee has 2 years left on his current contract, lets say he signs "the big contract". does the money from the "big contract" kick in right away or does he wait til after his current contract is up before the "new money" kicks in?
All extensions, or big contracts start after the rookie contract is over. CeeDee has 1 year left. If he gets his pot of gold, it starts in 2025. So if he got a 4 year deal for 100 million, you take that money and add the 17 million he has left on his remaining year, 117M, they can now spread that out over 5 years.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He'll get signed. It's all part of Jerry's "process".
Step 1: low ball offer
Step 2: insult player
Step 3: have to over pay said angry player and reset the market and crush the cap for 5 years.

It's a revolutionary system...
Oh yeah forgot steps 4 and 5. Cut player after 3 years, sign him back a year later for a discount, but you're still getting hit on the cap from the first deal. The man is mental goliath!

Flamma

Reaction score
100% can fake an injury. Back tightness doesn’t show up on an MRI.
Brandon Atuk has been doing this the entire preseason.
Every player who holds in does this.
You can do that at any job. I had a back injury at my union job. That's how I know you're 100% right about them not being able to tell. But if a doctor clears you, if you don't go back to work, you don't get paid.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I just hate this kind of stuff. Just so childish and unprofessional.
I've always loved CeeDee as a player. He's an amazing talent.
But you're under contract for almost 18 million dollars this season.
Be a professional and honor your contract.
If you're miffed, there will be a time when you are a FA and can go play for someone else, but that time is not now.
You know what you're getting into when you become an NFL player.
There are rules.
I've been VERY critical of the Cowboys ownership/management, but on this one, I feel the player is wrong and acting entitled.
I will offer this criticism: The tea leaves have fallen as to CeeDee's value, so just get it over with and sign him if you intend to make him a feature player on the team moving forward. Jefferson is signed, IMO CeeDee should get just a tad under what JJ received, so why not get it done and don't even risk an ugly holdout. But that's the Cowboys, isn't it?
That being said, CeeDee was a first round pick, so his 5th year deal is 18 mil, it's not as if he was a 7th rounder making peanuts, he has a very respectable salary for this season.
Honor your contract, and I hope the team stands firm and does not forgive the fines.
Thank You.....somebody that gets it!!

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
You can do that at any job. I had a back injury at my union job. That's how I know you're 100% right about them not being able to tell. But if a doctor clears you, if you don't go back to work, you don't get paid.
Players aren’t obligated to listen to the medical staff. And you can easily have another mystery injury once one clears. Again every player that is holding in is “injured”.

I’m guessing you wanted to get back to work unless you preferred making less on WC. A player pulling this is still getting full pay and service time, so not the same motivation.

I don’t see CeeDee doing this but the notion that the player has no recourse is a bit flawed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
CD will be here. Dak as well. Micah may be the 1 guy to watch as far as leaving.

Flamma

Reaction score
Players aren’t obligated to listen to the medical staff. And you can easily have another mystery injury once one clears. Again every player that is holding in is “injured”.

I’m guessing you wanted to get back to work unless you preferred making less on WC. A player pulling this is still getting full pay and service time, so not the same motivation.

I don’t see CeeDee doing this but the notion that the player has no recourse is a bit flawed.
For me, I was out 7 weeks and only got paid 2 weeks. Once the doc cleared me, that was it. An MRI didn't even show why I was in pain. Good thing I don't live week to week. I also had my wife's insurance along with mine. We had both. I used hers because mine wouldn't touch a WC case. So even though I wasn't paid 5 weeks, they were authorized.

I get what you're saying. But a team could take a hard stance if they wanted to. Or at least give the player a lot of headaches.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Somebody needs to tell the Jones boys loyalty has a price tag. This isn't the 90s.