CeeDee Lamb VS Jerry Jeudy 2.0

erod

Reaction score
The ones that cumulatively averaged 30th in ball placement by advanced metrics once Prescott went down (6th beforehand).

Dallas was consistently one of the worst teams in the league at giving their receivers “easy” catches
Lol.

By advanced metics?

Or you could watch the games and understand football.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Lol.

By advanced metics?

Or you could watch the games and understand football.

As usual, you choose to rely on the misleading “eye test” and ignore hard data. It’s why you get dunked on so frequently. Checkers vs chess.

erod

Reaction score
As usual, you choose to rely on the misleading “eye test” and ignore hard data. It’s why you get dunked on so frequently. Checkers vs chess.
Funny. Sports data is for people who can't think sports for themselves, and I've been owning your butt here for years

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
All I know is, being a 20 year Voice Over vet, this dude needs me to voice his next vid.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb was the best receiver in that draft and the fact Ruggs and Juedy went before him is laughable but a blessing to Dallas. Thank goodness that teams are terrible in the draft

........says the Cowboy fan whose team is 14-19 over the past 2 seasons and hasn't sniffed a super bowl since 1996. Adding that costly, over-talented 3rd WR has made absolutely no difference.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm an OU fan and I love CeeDee.

That said, he's got to be better. Was too many huge drops and key moments.

I'm also not sure how well he fits with Dak.
Prior to Dak going down he was slowly turning into his favorite target.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a good mix of the two is the best way. I am not entirely sure what "advanced metrics" for NFL entails...bad on me for that.

Your eye can tell you the truth. Stats can tell you the truth.
Your eye can lie to you. Stats can lie to you.

It's a bit like using both Fox AND CNN...you are closer to facts than just using one. More or less?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
........says the Cowboy fan whose team is 14-19 over the past 2 seasons and hasn't sniffed a super bowl since 1996. Adding that costly, over-talented 3rd WR has made absolutely no difference.

There's a lot of things we've done...some costly some not......that have made very little difference. I don't jive with singling out just one.

You could say every single thing we've ever done...has made do difference. Or a tick on the meter. We're bottom of the barrel, kinda.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a lot of things we've done...some costly some not......that have made very little difference. I don't jive with singling out just one.

You could say every single thing we've ever done...has made do difference. Or a tick on the meter. We're bottom of the barrel, kinda.

We need to stop patting this team on the head until they actually accomplish something. I just thought it was ionic that the poster was disparaging the rest of the league's drafting.

I think CD is a great player but the last thing we needed in the 2020 draft was a WR in round 1. I disagree that you just pick the BPA regardless of team need. The smart teams don't do that. Zeke was a dumb pick and so was CD.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Not sure how you can use records from 2 seasons ago when talking about a rookie receiver who didn't even play 2 seasons ago plus not take in the fact Dak missed majority of season from injury, new coaching staff with new defensive scheme plus no preseason or offseason OTAs.

My statement is still true regardless of the Cowboys failures since 96 that teams aren't good at drafting. What player should have been drafted over Lamb, Chiasson? Which would have been the pick had Lamb not been there.

Not sure what team you are a fan of since you called called me a Cowboys fan.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how you can use records from 2 seasons ago when talking about a rookie receiver who didn't even play 2 seasons ago plus not take in the fact Dak missed majority of season from injury, new coaching staff with new defensive scheme plus no preseason or offseason OTAs.

My statement is still true regardless of the Cowboys failures since 96 that teams aren't good at drafting. What player should have been drafted over Lamb, Chiasson? Which would have been the pick had Lamb not been there.

Not sure what team you are a fan of since you called called me a Cowboys fan.

Would you prefer I use the 6-10 record? The point is that we had Amari and Gallup coming off a 1k season. Adding a 3rd stud WR does not improve the team. If you want to parse out last season and claim the team was 6-10 b/c Dak was out........ we were 1-3 with a healthy Dak. The goal here is to win not load up at WR.

Since you asked, I would have traded back and taken a safety like Antoine Winfield jr.

As a cowboy fan, I know we aren't building teams better than anyone else. All you have to do is look at the track record.

CWR

Reaction score
yet Jefferson picked later and had better season then all rooks ...better value better season =better ;pick :))

After Minny flipped Diggs no less. They looked pretty smart all and all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to stop patting this team on the head until they actually accomplish something. I just thought it was ionic that the poster was disparaging the rest of the league's drafting.

I think CD is a great player but the last thing we needed in the 2020 draft was a WR in round 1. I disagree that you just pick the BPA regardless of team need. The smart teams don't do that. Zeke was a dumb pick and so was CD.
I was okay with the zeke pick.He had a phenomenal rookie year and in my very humble opinion, allowed Dak to succeed and we made a solid run. Dak owes him big time.

Now the holdout and huge check..I'm not good with. But I'm not gonna get bogged own with it so much that I won;t cheer him on. Not much fun in that, and that's what all this is about for me.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was okay with the zeke pick.He had a phenomenal rookie year and in my very humble opinion, allowed Dak to succeed and we made a solid run. Dak owes him big time.

Now the holdout and huge check..I'm not good with. But I'm not gonna get bogged own with it so much that I won;t cheer him on. Not much fun in that, and that's what all this is about for me.

It was a bad pick. That doesn't mean the player is a bad player. It was a bad pick b/c RB is probably the easiest position on the field to draft. Every year, there are quality backs in rounds 2-4 that get the job done. Heck, Raider castoff DMAC ran for over 1k in this offense. Demarco Murray was the league's offensive MVP and we found him round 3. You don't use a top 5 pick on a RB. That has to be used on a position of scarcity like DL or shut down CB. Deforrest Buckner or Jalen Ramsey would have benefitted this team more over the past 4 years.......

blueblood70

Reaction score
It was a bad pick. That doesn't mean the player is a bad player. It was a bad pick b/c RB is probably the easiest position on the field to draft. Every year, there are quality backs in rounds 2-4 that get the job done. Heck, Raider castoff DMAC ran for over 1k in this offense. Demarco Murray was the league's offensive MVP and we found him round 3. You don't use a top 5 pick on a RB. That has to be used on a position of scarcity like DL or shut down CB. Deforrest Buckner or Jalen Ramsey would have benefitted this team more over the past 4 years.......

um use it,

how about use the Jags record who had BOTH Fournette and Ramsey, what was their 4 year records with both of those players..bet it was more losses then wins
give it rest the jags traded/cut BOTH..why?

fans keep saying this but have zero proof...zero..zekes best year =playoffs, pass happy years =BUST thats all the facts

i know without the controversial and vey wrong zeke suspension i believe EE has 3 in row Rushing crowns and instead of 9-7 we make the layoffs in 2017, easily,..

facts

why after jags made fournette a high pick, after that Barkley even higher..Jones is NOT the first or the last to do so..get over it its in the past and again no proof ramsey would have bene the better option

zeke not even the highest paid back any more get over it

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dig.

mardwin

Reaction score
Lamb was the best receiver in that draft and the fact Ruggs and Juedy went before him is laughable but a blessing to Dallas. Thank goodness that teams are terrible in the draft

The best receiver in the draft was the kid the Vikings drafted. Let's top the homerism.