CeeDee Lamb VS Jerry Jeudy 2.0

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Would you prefer I use the 6-10 record? The point is that we had Amari and Gallup coming off a 1k season. Adding a 3rd stud WR does not improve the team. If you want to parse out last season and claim the team was 6-10 b/c Dak was out........ we were 1-3 with a healthy Dak. The goal here is to win not load up at WR.

Since you asked, I would have traded back and taken a safety like Antoine Winfield jr.

As a cowboy fan, I know we aren't building teams better than anyone else. All you have to do is look at the track record.
If you think not having Dak was the reason for the terrible record than you are delusional. Dak was 2-3 not 1-3 but if you want to go with that Dak started the 18 season 3-5 and ended the season 10-6...... that's 7-1 the 2nd half of the season.

Also you want to trade down from 17 to pick up a safety that went in the 2nd round....... it's easy to say who to draft after they complete their rookie season and you see how they play.

You always draft the best player available in the first round. Taking Lamb was absolutely the right decision as it's about the present but also the future.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The best receiver in the draft was the kid the Vikings drafted. Let's top the homerism.
Not coming into the draft. Not a single person had Jefferson as the best receiver entering the draft. It's facts and nothing to do with "homerism"

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you think not having Dak was the reason for the terrible record than you are delusional. Dak was 2-3 not 1-3 but if you want to go with that Dak started the 18 season 3-5 and ended the season 10-6...... that's 7-1 the 2nd half of the season.

Also you want to trade down from 17 to pick up a safety that went in the 2nd round....... it's easy to say who to draft after they complete their rookie season and you see how they play.

You always draft the best player available in the first round. Taking Lamb was absolutely the right decision as it's about the present but also the future.

Well guess what smart guy, there is a huge chance the BPA at #10 this year is going to be a WR. Whatcha gonna do?

If you have ever seen a leaked cowboy draft board, its rare that they give 20 players first round grades. Thats how we ended up with freddie in round 1 even though the team gave him a second round grade.............and that was also a trade back pick. There is nothing wrong with picking up an extra pick to move back and still get your guy. This team has needed a safety since Roy Williams discovered food.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well guess what smart guy, there is a huge chance the BPA at #10 this year is going to be a WR. Whatcha gonna do?

If you have ever seen a leaked cowboy draft board, its rare that they give 20 players first round grades. Thats how we ended up with freddie in round 1 even though the team gave him a second round grade.............and that was also a trade back pick. There is nothing wrong with picking up an extra pick to move back and still get your guy. This team has needed a safety since Roy Williams discovered food.
If Sewell or Slater is on the board no way a WR is BPA. Even if WR is at 10 and BPA you take him especially if you can't trade back....... that's right it takes two to trade

erod

Reaction score
What do the losses have to do with Jeudy vs Lamb? lol you are special.
You made a silly point, and I just responded accoringly.

I'm an OU fan. Of course I love Lamb over Jeudy. But he has to be better, and I'm not sure Dak can get that out of him.

A guy like Pitts would really help Dak, who loves tight ends over the middle.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry Jeudy was a system WR at Bama apparently. Not very great, but IS a good player. He was invisible this year. Lamb was a stud. This years crop of bama wideouts are better than what Jeudy will be.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Sewell or Slater is on the board no way a WR is BPA. Even if WR is at 10 and BPA you take him especially if you can't trade back....... that's right it takes two to trade

Slater is not a top 10 pick. There are 4-5 QBs in the top 10........... at least 4 pass catchers in the top 10..... and Sewell. The liklihood is that that one of those pass catchers is going to drop to #10. I would hope for Sewell but he's a legit all-pro talent and isn't going to last until 10.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Slater is not a top 10 pick. There are 4-5 QBs in the top 10........... at least 4 pass catchers in the top 10..... and Sewell. The liklihood is that that one of those pass catchers is going to drop to #10. I would hope for Sewell but he's a legit all-pro talent and isn't going to last until 10.
agree.Love Slater, but not top 10. I would take him at 15 if we traded back.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sewell is basically Anthony Munoz. Slater is good, but NOT elite. He had a great Pro day which has elevated his stock a little too much.I have seen games where Slater looks weak and gets pushed back alot by bull rushers. I dont like that. I seen him have sweet feet tho where he can engage those bendy edge guys with ease. But the fact those power edge guys tend to move him bothers me at 10. I would consider him later.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You made a silly point, and I just responded accoringly.

I'm an OU fan. Of course I love Lamb over Jeudy. But he has to be better, and I'm not sure Dak can get that out of him.

A guy like Pitts would really help Dak, who loves tight ends over the middle.
Lamb dropped 2 sure touchdowns from Dak. Dak was making Lamb look great and their chemistry was really developing before he went down. I dont know why people need to constantly say "oh hed be better with a different QB" Why make it about Dak? Dak and Lamb were fine together. And wins and losses are a team stat.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I have Slater as the number 1 OT in the draft as do many.

You're going by getting drafted in the top 10 and 4-5 QBs aren't top 10 talent. They will be over drafted because they are QBs.

Rayman70

Reaction score

You're going by getting drafted in the top 10 and 4-5 QBs aren't top 10 talent. They will be over drafted because they are QBs.
Tevin Jenkins is better. He's a nasty elite RT that mauls you and has the ability to play guard or LT .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Slater is not the #1 OT. Where the hell did you get that? He's projecting to G in the NFL. Its Sewell and there isn't a close second.

The point is the BPA at #10 could easilly be a pass catcher. You still going BPA?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Slater is not the #1 OT. Where the hell did you get that? He's projecting to G in the NFL. Its Sewell and there isn't a close second.

The point is the BPA at #10 could easilly be a pass catcher. You still going BPA?
Slater is absolutely a LT but could play guard. I'm not the only one that has Slater over Sewell but then again I don't go by "draft experts" I do my own research and watch film.

Again if Slater or Sewell is at 10, there is no WR that would be BPA.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Let's not forget Justin Jefferson was the number one option in Minnesota. Lamb had to share targets with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup.

In my opinion Lamb will soon surpass Cooper as the Cowboys' go-to receiver and then we'll see how truly great he is. Take away a handful of costly drops and CeeDee would have gone well over 1,000 yards as well.