CeeDee Lamb VS Jerry Jeudy 2.0

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So what are we projecting here? Should we just go ahead and count an extra 2,000 yards and 20 TDs for Lamb playing 11 extra games with Dak?
I'm not projecting anything. I stated that Lamb was the best receiver coming into the draft and I didn't mention Jefferson at all. Once Jefferson was brought up I then stated that Lamb was better than Jefferson in the first 5 games..... which is a fact. Some folks that hate Dak can't stand anything positive with him and that's why you and Marcus are trying to debate.

Jefferson was clearly the better receiver all year from the rookie class, I'm not disputing that. However, Lamb was better the first 5 games with Dak than Jefferson was his first 5 games. Had Dak not gotten injured nobody knows how Lamb would have performed but would have been tough to hit 1400 yards. The 7 TDs Jefferson caught would have been easier to match then the yards.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Not better in yards per catch. And that held up all year, even when catching more balls.
That's what you starying with is yards per catch to prove that Jefferson was better than Lamb in their first 5 games Haha yea ok

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread go ahead and show me how many of the top WR's last season were slot receivers. Show me how smart you are dullard.
Of course you won't because the evidence doesn't support your brainless attempt. Instead you will redirect and try another failed angle.

You want to win some internet debate so you won't give up. The reality is you either:
1. Have no clue how the sport you are arguing about works
2. You know and you are that lonely guy who likes to occupy his time on the internet arguing.

Imagine being the guy who comes tries to find people who like and support who they have or what they have and then proceed to try to argue with them why they are wrong for liking what they have.

I have a neighbor who just bought a new car. He loves it. He's washed it every other day. He tells me and one of my other neighbors how fast it gets to 60. He is just thrilled with his new car. I could be like you are try to tell him he is wrong and I know of another car that is not only faster but it's more reliable and cost less........ You are the A hole who would do that.

Wait a minute?

You actually think these guys play exclusively outside or in the slot?

Here’s a few examples to educate yourself dunce.

Keenan Allen - 104 catches in 2019, 54 of them coming from the slot on 71 targets.

In 2019, Godwin brought in 50 slot receptions on 68 targets for 838 yards (86 rec. 1,333 yards overall), five touchdowns, one dropped pass, and a quarterback rating of 100.2 when targeted.

In addition to six touchdowns from the slot, Tyler Lockett caught 64 inside passes on 88 targets for a league-high 901 yards in 2019.

These are just a few examples of top receivers that getting major portions of their production playing from the slot. That flies in the face of your oversimplified take that “slots get less targets and less YPC.”

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm not projecting anything. I stated that Lamb was the best receiver coming into the draft and I didn't mention Jefferson at all. Once Jefferson was brought up I then stated that Lamb was better than Jefferson in the first 5 games..... which is a fact. Some folks that hate Dak can't stand anything positive with him and that's why you and Marcus are trying to debate.

Jefferson was clearly the better receiver all year from the rookie class, I'm not disputing that. However, Lamb was better the first 5 games with Dak than Jefferson was his first 5 games. Had Dak not gotten injured nobody knows how Lamb would have performed but would have been tough to hit 1400 yards. The 7 TDs Jefferson caught would have been easier to match then the yards.

Listen, Lamb is easily my favorite current Cowboy player. It’s okay to acknowledge greatness outside of the Dallas roster. Let me see Lamb prove it on the outside against top level corners consistently. Lamb played out of the slot 93% of passing snaps last year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Listen, Lamb is easily my favorite current Cowboy player. It’s okay to acknowledge greatness outside of the Dallas roster. Let me see Lamb prove it on the outside against top level corners consistently. Lamb played out of the slot 93% of passing snaps last year.
I clearly stated that Jefferson was better the entire year. I'm not sure what you're debating. The fact I said Lamb was the best receiver coming into the draft...... fact, or Lamb was better the first 5 games over Jefferson....... also a fact

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was pleased with Lamb given all the injury issues on the OL and QB Lamb still broke rookie receiving records in Dallas, not bad when you look at some of the WR we have had. I expect to see Lamb to grow as a WR and bring a bigger impact.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without a doubt, #88 usurped both Ruggs III & Jeudy in 2020. He may not have been the first receiver chosen in the draft, but he certainly performed like it. BOOM!
Lamb was the best receiver in that draft and the fact Ruggs and Juedy went before him is laughable but a blessing to Dallas. Thank goodness that teams are terrible in the draft
It's hard to argue with the season Justin Jefferson had though. He may prove to be the best receiver from that draft.

75boyz

Reaction score
He was, but he didn't have Dak, Dalton, Gilbert, and DiNoucci throwing to him.
With a depleted OL.

I mean I guess, but the OP was a comparison to Jeudy whose QBs included HOF Drew Lock and Driskel and Rypien over the full 16 games.
So if comparing Jeudy, he did well for his circumstances given too.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean I guess, but the OP was a comparison to Jeudy whose QBs included HOF Drew Lock and Driskel and Rypien over the full 16 games.
So if comparing Jeudy, he did well for his circumstances given too.
Lock was just a very slight upgrade over DiNucci in 2020. Dalton was infinitely better than Lock

erod

Reaction score
Eight drops the entire season with inconsistent QB play.

Think maybe you are being a bit harsh?
He dropped a few easy slants right in his chest that would have been touchdowns. Game changers.

Can't do that if you're elite.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It can be difficult to compare a single guy because there are so many differences in each players offense. Like jefferson had 1 qb who had been there for years while Lamb had Dak for a few games before they threw 1st year guys like Dalton, danooch, gilbert at him. Those QB's are just learning the system just like CD was. Then add to the fact that CD wasn't forced into a starting role. Jefferson may have had a better year on paper but I doubt he would have had that same year here. Both teams got the player they needed and fit their teams. Once our 3 starting quality tackles went down we really needed a WR like Lamb who could jump into the slot, wide catch radius, very QB friendly type of guy. Lamb is an amazing guy that fit what we needed, its a win for us.

jrumann59

Reaction score
IDK about that. Ceedee lamb played good but Justin Jefferson was a beast.
Situations are different though. Jefferson was basically WR2 in Minny. Ceedee was brought a long more slowly with Cooper and Gallup WR1 and 2.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's hard to argue with the season Justin Jefferson had though. He may prove to be the best receiver from that draft.
I didn't say Lamb was the best rookie season. Not sure how else to explain this but going into the draft Lamb was the best receiver.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I didn't say Lamb was the best rookie season. Not sure how else to explain this but going into the draft Lamb was the best receiver.

But now it's the pros, son, and Jefferson was moovin' on up over all the other rookies. To the east side, rumor has it.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I'm an OU fan and I love CeeDee.

That said, he's got to be better. Was too many huge drops and key moments.

Blame those trash QBs you spent all last season goal tending for.

TWOK11

Reaction score
The ones that hit him in stride right in the chest?

The ones that cumulatively averaged 30th in ball placement by advanced metrics once Prescott went down (6th beforehand).

Dallas was consistently one of the worst teams in the league at giving their receivers “easy” catches