CeeDee not spotted in Dallas for minicamp

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Right about now, I picture Jerry pacing back and forth in his living room, trying to figure some way out of this mess! :omg:

Stephen is probably on the phone, convincing various players to take lesser settlements to make way for new extensions.

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Exactly.. if Lamb signs first the whole conversation dies. Even if Jefferson gets a bigger contract two days later the conversation falls off the cliff as compared to how it will play with a Cowboy player remaining unsigned. The Cowboy player going first renders anything that happens after an "oh by the way." Quick, name the QBs who signed within a few weeks/months after Dak did four years ago and what the numbers were. Even now with Dak not even among the top 10 highest paid QBs his is the contract is far and away most discussed on all the talking head shows.
I legitimately have no idea what you are trying to say. An agent and agency’s main priority is to get their players paid and paid top dollar. If Ceedee lamb goes first then the story becomes Jefferson looking for a salary higher than lambs- it doesn’t die. They just use the cowboys name as a comparison for Jefferson’s deal. The story won’t die It stays and ultimately ends up with the 2nd player signed ending up at worst paid as much as the first guy (in this hypoethical lamb) but more likely setting the market for his position.

Jefferson is also a huge player and name in the league and imo better than lamb. The story doesn’t go away if lamb signs first and again it doesn’t matter to the agency who gets the contracts signed because there getting there players paid. Period.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
Been screaming this from the rooftops and no one listens. CEDEE is not getting a contract unless daks getting one. Id be suprised if Cedee gets done first but if he DOES you can guarantee daks resigning.

Flamma

Reaction score
Been screaming this from the rooftops and no one listens. CEDEE is not getting a contract unless daks getting one. Id be suprised if Cedee gets done first but if he DOES you can guarantee daks resigning.
What you're saying makes perfect sense. I've heard you, and whoever else has been pointing out this logic. I agree completely. But the situation playing out is not making it easy. People aren't playing nice.

I believe Jerry wants Dak to play out his last year to determine whether or not to give him a new contract. But it appears Lamb is not cooperating. If Lamb holds out, they'll have to pay him first or go without.

If Jerry wanted to be a real jerk, he'd go without Lamb for the season. Dak would look like absolute garbage, and it would probably hurt his future contract. But not Lamb's.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not understand this logic ...... a new QB would need a weapon like CD