CeeDee not spotted in Dallas for minicamp

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry's in the same position he was with Zeke. The threat of no Lamb torpedoes the season. Without Lamb, can Jerry still sell slop and tell you it's filet mignon?
You sell us the garbage these blind and biased referees throw out every sunday so why cant jerry

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You sell us the garbage these blind and biased referees throw out every sunday so why cant jerry
"Garbage" = stuff I don't want to believe. That's why I provide proof. Actual rules and video to accompany the judgement. The beauty is watching tools twist themselves in knots trying to deny what they know is true then holding angry fanboi grudges for years over being made to look like said tool publicly. Sound like anyone you know?

visionary

Reaction score
"Garbage" = stuff I don't want to believe. That's why I provide proof. Actual rules and video to accompany the judgement. The beauty is watching tools twist themselves in knots trying to deny what they know is true then holding angry fanboi grudges for years over being made to look like said tool publicly. Sound like anyone you know?
Yep, you

blueblood70

Reaction score
You know at some point we'll stop talking about this because nothing's changed it's no news about new news because there's no news this is what we've been discussing for two weeks already if it hasn't changed why are we talking about it we would be talking about it if he did show up this is not new it's not surprising it is not a big deal I don't care if the dude skips all the training camp Chris Jones did it with the Kansas City Chiefs last year they got him done a week before the season and they won a Super Bowl guy didn't look like he was out of shape these guys will be in shape and as long as he's here game one it's not technically a holdout not in my opinion...

blueblood70

Reaction score
All fines are forgiven the minute a guy signs... He and Jefferson have different agents but the agents work for the same company. I guarantee you the agents have an agreement to allow the Jefferson deal to reign as "the highest in NFL history" for at least a couple of weeks before Lamb signs on the dotted line. This becomes months of free advertising for the agency. Not to mention the Cowboys.
They may be able to make up the fines but they are not forgiven 100% because he's on his fifth year option it's not part of his old contract he's not technically on a rookie deal anymore because he's offered $17 million to play this year he is not getting any of the fines forgiven but I doubt the guy technically holds out he'll be here by game one and because he's not gonna start losing $1,000,000 a game but I also believe he'll be signed by then but keep talking about things that we've already discussed and beat the dead horse the man is not here we knew he wasn't there he hasn't been there whenever he does show up that'll be something to talk about.....arghhhhh

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You know at some point we'll stop talking about this because nothing's changed it's no news about new news because there's no news this is what we've been discussing for two weeks already if it hasn't changed why are we talking about it we would be talking about it if he did show up this is not new it's not surprising it is not a big deal I don't care if the dude skips all the training camp Chris Jones did it with the Kansas City Chiefs last year they got him done a week before the season and they won a Super Bowl guy didn't look like he was out of shape these guys will be in shape and as long as he's here game one it's not technically a holdout not in my opinion...
Jones was not signed, missed game one of the Chiefs’ regular season, and they lost. You OK with Lamb missing the Cowboys’ opener with the Browns? That’s fine with you? Players not showing up for mandatory OTAs is news for every team, including Dallas. If CeeDee is in great shape then sign the guy to an appropriate contract and don’t create a situation that cannot be good for the team. Jerry Jones, instead of getting a contract done with his number wide receive, an All-Pro, in effect let the Minnesota Vikings tell him what he’s going to pay CeeDee Lamb.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
All fines are forgiven the minute a guy signs... He and Jefferson have different agents but the agents work for the same company. I guarantee you the agents have an agreement to allow the Jefferson deal to reign as "the highest in NFL history" for at least a couple of weeks before Lamb signs on the dotted line. This becomes months of free advertising for the agency. Not to mention the Cowboys.
That makes no sense…if they both have the same agency- then either of them getting paid is good for their player because if lamb is paid first he sets the market or vice versa. So there’s literally no incentive for them to wait. If it was about “free advertising” like you say then it would literally not matter who went first and if it was in fact the Dallas cowboys player it would likely generate more buzz than even Jefferson.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.... at this point this is just insane.

If their plan is to rebuild, then force him to play on his 5th year. He will sit for a few games and cave in at some point. He will not sit out all year and miss $18M. Then you will have to tag and/or trade him next year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That makes no sense…if they both have the same agency- then either of them getting paid is good for their player because if lamb is paid first he sets the market or vice versa. So there’s literally no incentive for them to wait. If it was about “free advertising” like you say then it would literally not matter who went first and if it was in fact the Dallas cowboys player it would likely generate more buzz than even Jefferson.
Exactly.. if Lamb signs first the whole conversation dies. Even if Jefferson gets a bigger contract two days later the conversation falls off the cliff as compared to how it will play with a Cowboy player remaining unsigned. The Cowboy player going first renders anything that happens after an "oh by the way." Quick, name the QBs who signed within a few weeks/months after Dak did four years ago and what the numbers were. Even now with Dak not even among the top 10 highest paid QBs his is the contract is far and away most discussed on all the talking head shows.

Flamma

Reaction score
I mean I don’t even think this is just the Cowboys. If he got hurt and hit the market he’d get that deal from someone. Let’s also be clear that Gallup and Steele aren’t Lamb. People will pay for stars.
At 22 or 23 years old, yeah. But I highly doubt any team is giving Lamb 35M a year coming off an ACL at age 26. Probably not 30M either.

Flamma

Reaction score
What if Jerry doesn't intend on keeping Lamb after this season? Then what? If you were going to make Dak play out the season to see if you want to pay him, would you sign Lamb now?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The natives like Cee Dee and Micah are obviously restless -- the pressure is on for the entire Cowboys team! :huh:
It's high time to show the world what this team is made of or prepare for the utter chaos that might well follow! :omg:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Pointing out your agenda is easy
Showing "what actually happened" is now an agenda. Yeah, to those that don't want to accept what actually happened, it is. The Earth is actually flat and doesn't rotate either, right? Why you mad? Lol.

Bagman

Reaction score
It takes two to tango. What if Lamb's camp was dug in on not going before Jefferson because they didn't want to allow Jefferson the chance to eclipse their deal the next day?
Great point Ronnie. Unfortunately no one will give you a straight answer. It's more likely Lamb's camp is holding this up. People just like to blame Jerry for every contract stalemate.