Twitter: Ceedee to hold out?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lol. Fact is Ceedee has proven himself in college without Dak and I argue he got two heismans for Baker and Kyler. Fact is Ceedee would be Ceedee without dak but not vice versa. Dak needs an elite arguably top 2 in the league wr. Sal proved in 2018-19 before Amari what he can do without an elite wide receiver which came down to losses piling up. You don’t have the same comparison where you can say ceddee didn’t perform except when Adam got deer in headlights look in big games. Go watch Ceedee against bama 2018 in playoffs. Before the game everyone was saying he couldn’t match Devonte smith, Riggs, and Judy. They had shutdown corners surtain, diggs, Savion Smith and still went for 108 yards. He also played with Hurts his last year and went for 1300 and some change. In the cfp that year he went for 119 against star studded LSU who went on to win championship. The ping is Ceedee would be Ceedee regardless of Adam and that’s proven by him having three different QBs in college and Adam in the nfl. He has been elite with each of those QBs.
CeeDee played with two QBs in college that ended up being number one overall picks. lol You got it backwards, QBs make a WR not the other way around. A receiver is dependent on their QB targeting them. CeeDee wasn’t even the first or second WR drafted. Randy Moss looked washed up with the Raiders with their QB situation until he ended up in New England. Dak was successful before CeeDee arrived. He had almost 5000 yards and 30 TD passes the year before we drafted CeeDee.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone ever figure out why he came in like a b***** against the packers? What was his explanation for being a baby in the biggest game of the year and acting like he had no desire to be there?

stiletto

Reaction score
CeeDee played with two QBs in college that ended up being number one overall picks. lol You got it backwards, QBs make a WR not the other way around. A receiver is dependent on their QB targeting them. CeeDee wasn’t even the first or second WR drafted. Randy Moss looked washed up with the Raiders with their QB situation until he ended up in New England. Dak was successful before CeeDee arrived. He had almost 5000 yards and 30 TD passes the year before we drafted CeeDee.
WR's like CeeDee can be replaced a lot easier than an even decent QB, so I'll take Dak's side on that but I still want new blood at QB also. Dak had his time, time to find someone new there. Don't care if they pay CeeDee or not. Would rather them not pay that if it can help build a better overall team if the plan is to reboot.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
The Eagles gave a first for AJ Brown going into the last year of his contract. I think they did that on draft day.
And they had a tentative agreement on an extension before they made the trade.
Also the trade market is done at this point. Dallas would be trading a really good player to a team for a pick in next years draft correct?. Assuming CeeDee does what he does, that team getting him will improve. Better record = worst pick. So in reality trading him for a pick in next year draft would essentially mean getting a pick that’s going to get worse as the year goes on.

JJ and crew screwed this up royally.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
WR's like CeeDee can be replaced a lot easier than an even decent QB.
I don’t agree with that. You make it sound like CeeDee isn’t anything special, despite coming off a franchise record setting season. There’s a number of decent QBs out there that still aren’t that good and you’re not going to win consistently with them. A “decent” QB would be someone like Gardner Minshew.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But he wasn't looking good prior to Cooper getting here. He was holding on to the ball for too long and taking a record breaking amount of sacks. In comes Cooper, everything changes.
Of course he didn’t his best receiver was Allen Hurns and Cole Beasley. I like Dak but I know he’s not good enough to win with Allen Hurns that’s a joke. Btw, Cooper was coming off the worst season of his career before getting here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see...Michael Irvin or...say...Patrick Crayton?

Which one makes the QB?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
50% of first round picks don’t pan out. Keep that in mind when you are advocating trading away proven talent.
Spot on sir!

We have some people incessantly criticizing Lance's 4th round trade.

I'm like...REALLY? How many 1st round picks get wasted? 2nds? 3rds? 4ths?

These "experts" say WE wasted a 4th rounder....while lance was a TRIPLE 1st round "bust"...by the very team they ADMIRE for releasing Lance they gave up 3 1sts for.

It is indeed a crazy world. But hang in there.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don’t agree with that. You make it sound like CeeDee isn’t anything special, despite coming off a franchise record setting season. There’s a number of decent QBs out there that still aren’t that good and you’re not going to win consistently with them. A “decent” QB would be someone like Gardner Minshew.
Lol...yeah and Gardner Minshew could get to the first round of the playoffs and poo the bed just as bad as Dak...so w/e

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So, the word going around is that Lamb will request to be traded if the Cowboys don't pay him $32 a year (which would be 2nd in the NFL behind Jefferson)

If I was Lamb, I would probably do the same. My stats prove I am at least 2nd best WR in the league, so if you don't want to pay me somebody else will.

Hypothetically, could probably get a 1st round pick for him???
Definitely more

AJ was a 1 and a 3

Tyreek 1 and a 2

Davante 1 and a 2

Stefon Diggs went to Buffalo for a 1 with 0 1200 yard seasons

Question is: Why on Earth is Dallas putting their foot down at less than 32?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Eagles gave a first for AJ Brown going into the last year of his contract. I think they did that on draft day.
They’ll never do that again. And they’re paying him $32 million per season. No team is going to fork over a first anymore.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Right? My bad. Most players have an entourage, family leeches (Dez Bryant) gold necklaces, cars, and other materialistic things to pay for. I'd mention what demographic that is, but I don't want to break any rules.
I don't know you from anywhere...but I do know you need to pump the brakes

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course he didn’t his best receiver was Allen Hurns and Cole Beasley. I like Dak but I know he’s not good enough to win with Allen Hurns that’s a joke. Btw, Cooper was coming off the worst season of his career before getting here.
He failed to mention the other 31 quarterbacks that wouldn't win if Alan hurns was their starting receiver...lmao anyone thinking I'm amari Cooper launched dax's career is delusional remember rookie of the year you remember how many times he came back in that Green Bay game only to have the defense in the playoff game once again the defense like in 2018 like last year but somehow we keep coming back to Prescott somehow needs more help than other quarterbacks it's the same with most quarterbacks.. You should at least have a primary #1 if he's not elite that's OK but Prescott was already good winning 11 games and if anybody comes in here and says it was a talent around him I'm gonna have to go back to all these other quarterbacks they have these all in GM's putting all this talent around their quarterbacks I mean Matthew Stafford was just putting up numbers in Detroit couldn't win anything goes with a whole lot of quarterbacks in this league that has to at least have one good starter not a hodgepodge a running back by committee I don't expect anything to happen...

I'm we all know that Troy and Roger just won with a bunch of bad players around them literally had no wide receivers ever ohh wait a minute check the Hall of Fame...lmao I mean in my opinion Troy and Roger were carried you want to go there let's call them Brock Purdy because that's what happens with Prescott haters they all say he needs more help but then when he loses they say look at all these all pros he has look at all these players around he shouldn't be winning..umm ok

we wanna talk about the run game in the playoffs you mean the lack of them all the losses in the playoffs under 3 yards per carry literally one of the saddest run games and the least physical offensive line group outside of one time 11 penalties the defense failing and here we go again with Prescott needs some elite wide receiver to win and the rest of the quarterbacks in the league just win with anything,,ughh!!!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Once a team identifies it's core players, they should look to lock them in sooner. They are much more likely to negotiate a better deal, you prove to the player they're willing to step up and give them that security and the prices don't go down the longer you wait. Going on about taking hometown discounts, crying "poor" and saying that they need to prove more is not going to help negotiations. Jerry and Lil Jerry want to go in treating it as a business and then cry foul when the player does the same thing. Business may be business, but they can do these deals without it feeling adversarial.