Twitter: Ceedee to hold out?

khiladi

Reaction score
As long as he can afford to and we can watch Dak “carry the team”, go for it..

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Zeke plays for the vet minimum. He's a nobody.

Anyone who isn't a complete idiot could've told you his prime would be EXTREMELY short.

And you named your account after him? I can't take you seriously.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Or maybe I named my account that when he was first drafted and it's really not that comical but to a simple minded delusional fan I guess it could be seen as such.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is the most accurate insider the NFL has, he usually has scoops 1+ days before Shefter or Rapopport. Not going to make a thread about it as he’s not super well known and it’ll probably get deleted, but expect to hear this info from a more vetted source very soon:

This is just common sense. Every player that holds out just wants an extension. They don't care who gives it to them. They'd rather get an extension than lose game checks.

Flamma

Reaction score
At least he played his contract. Elliot did it 2 years before.
There's really no difference. What Zeke did, and what Lamb is not doing is totally different from what Zach Martin did. Lamb is asking for extension to his rookie contract. He's not asking to eliminate it. Nor did Zeke. Martin on the other hand said, I'm not happy with the details I agreed to, change them.

Nav22

Reaction score
Or maybe I named my account that when he was first drafted and it's really not that comical but to a simple minded delusional fan I guess it could be seen as such.
Awww, someone's embarrassed.

Trying to explain away your stupid choice for a username. I did that to you.
:thumbup:

When Jerry says things like, "We go as Zeke goes," he does so with confidence that an NFL fanbase is full of rubes. He'd LOVE you.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

stiletto

Reaction score
Let's keep throwing MEGA contracts to good Regular Season players without proving anything in the playoffs.... Seems to have worked the last 30 years....

Chasing6

Reaction score
Cee Dee isn’t ok with it. It will cost him some money with fines. However, he’ll make that up with the new contract. A prolonged hold out could disrupt his season.
A disrupted season is GM Jethro's problem. Jerry losses money by not hosting a playoff game. See how he likes that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Been saying practically the same thing for years. If NFL pay was incentive based I guarantee Dallas wouldn't be about to pass the 30 year mark since their last NFCCG appearance. The players still make the same money regardless because production isn't necessary, and that's a load of horse manure if you ask most people. The NFL would be far more competitive if the players actually had to earn the 'bags' they keep demanding.

We all know this is a system that will never be implemented, though. There would be a full blown riot by many of the players if they found out they had to try rather than just going through the motions.
Yep, unfortunately its like that in all pro sports leagues.

Take the NBA, every single contract is 100% guaranteed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
that's a falsehood .Dak got paid anyway on a a FT no less and a major injury DID not hold him back. elite players will get paid regardless. sure, don't go to camp but get your **** on the field game 1 or lose 1mil per game on top of soem major fines already starting to add up....

him not playing is NOT happening. This is posturing, im sure something gets done a week or 2 into camp as both side try to not blink first...but again IF NOT HE WILL PLAY..
He will show up and mysteriously pull a hamstring...........unlike breaking a bone where an xray will prove if it is actually broken or not, there is no definitive test to prove soft tissue pain is being faked.

Just grab the back of your leg and hop back over to the bench and tell the trainers you got a burning sensation in your hamstring..............no test can prove you are lying.

Not saying Lamb would do something like this, but its very easy way to show up to avoid fines and not have to actually play................just saying.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is the most accurate insider the NFL has, he usually has scoops 1+ days before Shefter or Rapopport. Not going to make a thread about it as he’s not super well known and it’ll probably get deleted, but expect to hear this info from a more vetted source very soon:

So, the word going around is that Lamb will request to be traded if the Cowboys don't pay him $32 a year (which would be 2nd in the NFL behind Jefferson)

If I was Lamb, I would probably do the same. My stats prove I am at least 2nd best WR in the league, so if you don't want to pay me somebody else will.

Hypothetically, could probably get a 1st round pick for him???

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who knows how much truth there is to this, but this is exactly why situations like this should be taken care of early in the offseason. At least if Lamb does force the Cowboys into a trade they could have gotten the draft capital to help them for 2024. Instead you're waiting on 2025 before you can even try to backfill CeeDees role on the team unless you find a player for player swap. What would be out there for that though....Aiyuk? But does it make sense for either team to move one big money receiver on an expiring deal for another? And do you really want to give SF Lamb?
Good Lord no, that is a terrible idea trading Lamb to the 49ers.

The 49ers already punk us and take our lunch money every time we play them and now we are going to hand them Lambo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

You send Lamb to some AFC wasteland team where you will never have to play against him again.:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Mr. "Money and TD's" is brand over winning.

It's always about more, more, more for me, me, me and never winning with these losers.
Dude, this is the nature of pro sports these days.

I was watching the NBA draft with my brother the other night and you had guys being interviewed right after being drafted and being asked what their number one goal was in the NBA and one dude actually said "my goal is to get that max contract baby!!!"

Playing for the love of the game is dead and gone, players today play for one thing and one thing only and that is to get that bag. So, if you dont want to pay anybody on the team that has this attitude, you are barely going to have enough players to field a team. Anybody that is actually any good is going to want to get paid, either by you or by somebody else, that is just a fact of pro sports these days.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No. You're off on this. Every player would take market value after their 3rd year. Every single one of them. Offer Parsons 35M a year and see if he doesn't take it. They all want their extension as soon as possible. That's why Zeke held out after year 3. You have your outliers like Lamar Jackson that didn't want to talk, but that is very rare. No player rather play out their 4th year without an extension hoping they'll get more. It never happens.

After Jerry made him play out his 4th year, yeah, now he's waiting for Jefferson. Why not? But zero chance Lamb didn't want an extension after his 3rd year.
The fact that you think anything in this world can be equated to a 0% probability is why you should stop posting with words like that like never you know those kind of words where you pin yourself into the corner 0% dude get over yourself you're not a GM..

and I'm telling you you're wrong,

just like I know Prescott would not have signed early without a beneficial part of the contract like only a two to three-year deal or a fully guaranteed but redone after three years we still would be in the same position with Prescott now as of all these people said what if Jerry would have just signed him after year three I'll tell you why because both Jerry and the entire sports world including our fan base were not sold on Prescott after his year 3 yet they wanted to see more and there's nothing wrong with that and a lot of players and agents they will choose to bet on themselves and not sign a deal that's not beneficial to them and right now you're using the word 35,000,000 you know why you know that number because it just became a new number of course he might take that now because that's the highest number in the entire league right now outside of quarterback, so now you're using information you already have because of recent deals the same way I know there's no way in hell he designed a $25 million deal because that was already old news that was 2 year old contract numbers he would have started at 30 no matter what... At least now we know because again this place is full of hypocrites they were calling CD even the year after amari Cooper left not a solid #1 not elite he could not do it by himself, and he was going to suffer with the loss of Amari Cooper and don't you think that our own ownership wanted to also see whether that was true or not? The one thing we do know is lamb is one of those 80 eights just like the rest of them and they knew he was gonna bet on himself he knew he was elite he knew he could be a number one he had to show it but that number's been in the back of his mind the entire time you watched this man play at Oklahoma he's another typical egotistical egomaniacal 88...

He was not gonna take a good deal and this is why they have agents he was looking for the great deal he was looking for his big bag the payday that he can brag about around the league and he was not gonna take less than some astronomical number and yeah you're right if it was last year it might have been 29 and now it might be 33 but either way all three parties have to agree to this stuff and they were not going to take less than I can't get that through your head these players are not stupid neither are their agents amari Cooper left here at 22 million there was no way after Browns 25,000,000 the two years prior to that that Sadie lamb was taking any of that garbage...

So let's move on Mr. fake Internet GM we're not going to agree because right now you saying there's 0% chance he would have turned down the deal like that I'm telling you that's where you lost this conversation and you lost this debate/// lots of players do this including a person that represented himself Lamar Jackson you probably could have done better for himself having an agent but he bet on himself and right now even two I turned down money you're saying everyone should take so you're wrong he just turned down $50 million and he's not even worth it... These players know what's going on here they're agents look three to five years down the road at what market trends are and they're not gonna allow their client to take a bad deal and $25 million would have been a bad deal last year I promise you that and he would not have taken it the only way he took it if it was like 2 yesrs 50 mil and than right back paying him 30 to 35 million soon, why do I know this because that's what agents and players do they know what's coming... Eventually there will be a downward trend in the market the cat will go stat it might even go down and then we'll see some of this nonsense stop because the league won't be able to afford it anymore and teams can't afford to pay five of their 53 man roster most of their salary cap somewhere it's gonna have to stop.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
He will show up and mysteriously pull a hamstring...........unlike breaking a bone where an xray will prove if it is actually broken or not, there is no definitive test to prove soft tissue pain is being faked.

Just grab the back of your leg and hop back over to the bench and tell the trainers you got a burning sensation in your hamstring..............no test can prove you are lying.

Not saying Lamb would do something like this, but its very easy way to show up to avoid fines and not have to actually play................just saying.
First of all I disagree and if you feel that that's the kind of player he is and you feel he would do something like that I don't want him on my team how about that if he doesn't think $1 million a game is it enough to be motivated to get on the field and play that I don't want this type of player on my team and maybe lamb and Parsons are these kind of players we don't want on our team they're just about numbers and money and that's been what's wrong with the Cowboys for a very long time I think they feel entitled and it has nothing to do with Jerry Jones it's what the media just constantly puts the Cowboys in primetime games they're talked about on every show there's six degrees of separation I mean this is the same thing that happened all the way back in the 70s..

I mean never heard of north Dallas 40 and all those rumors whatever you heard it was 10 times worse how about the White House I mean this stuff's been going on under Landry and Jimmy Johnson had nothing to do with Jerry when you play for the Dallas Cowboys you feel more entitled to get ohh you can get because you think you can get it because you're playing for the most marketed team in the world almost outside of a few soccer teams maybe the Yankees and the Lakers I mean that's why the Cowboys are worth as much as they are as a team as far as their rankings all time in the world they're the most valuable franchise it's because of the star on the helmet and sometimes this creates monsters... It creates a selfish environment I don't believe he'll do that I believe they'll posture all the way up till a week before game one just like Chris Jones is and he'll either get paid or he'll bet on himself again but he won't come back to the Cowboys but he'll play all 17 games I believe he will because I don't see lamb losing $17 million if he fakes an injury to do it the Cowboys will know because hamstring injuries can be evaluated to a point where they know it's a couple week injury or a full year injury if he's not back playing the Cowboys definitely will know it so if you feel that way we don't want this man on the team I can promise you right now I don't not want another guy on the team like that...

They go start their little side hustle somewhere else with sunglasses and shirts and wearing things around their neck making up monikers for them that should be earned and not given..

The one person i do want on my team. is the one that's so misunderstood in mr dak Prescott is not selfish. he literally played on his franchise tag and got his ankle snapped off. guess what still got his bag... that should be what Parsons and Lamb follow.. yes ask for all your worth miss some camp but I expect them to live up to that deal they signed because its INSANE 1mil per game....1.4 for parsons..thats all you need to go out and play,

Flamma

Reaction score
The fact that you think anything in this world can be equated to a 0% probability is why you should stop posting with words like that like never you know those kind of words where you pin yourself into the corner 0% dude get over yourself you're not a GM..

and I'm telling you you're wrong,

just like I know Prescott would not have signed early without a beneficial part of the contract like only a two to three-year deal or a fully guaranteed but redone after three years we still would be in the same position with Prescott now as of all these people said what if Jerry would have just signed him after year three I'll tell you why because both Jerry and the entire sports world including our fan base were not sold on Prescott after his year 3 yet they wanted to see more and there's nothing wrong with that and a lot of players and agents they will choose to bet on themselves and not sign a deal that's not beneficial to them and right now you're using the word 35,000,000 you know why you know that number because it just became a new number of course he might take that now because that's the highest number in the entire league right now outside of quarterback, so now you're using information you already have because of recent deals the same way I know there's no way in hell he designed a $25 million deal because that was already old news that was 2 year old contract numbers he would have started at 30 no matter what... At least now we know because again this place is full of hypocrites they were calling CD even the year after amari Cooper left not a solid #1 not elite he could not do it by himself, and he was going to suffer with the loss of Amari Cooper and don't you think that our own ownership wanted to also see whether that was true or not? The one thing we do know is lamb is one of those 80 eights just like the rest of them and they knew he was gonna bet on himself he knew he was elite he knew he could be a number one he had to show it but that number's been in the back of his mind the entire time you watched this man play at Oklahoma he's another typical egotistical egomaniacal 88...

He was not gonna take a good deal and this is why they have agents he was looking for the great deal he was looking for his big bag the payday that he can brag about around the league and he was not gonna take less than some astronomical number and yeah you're right if it was last year it might have been 29 and now it might be 33 but either way all three parties have to agree to this stuff and they were not going to take less than I can't get that through your head these players are not stupid neither are their agents amari Cooper left here at 22 million there was no way after Browns 25,000,000 the two years prior to that that Sadie lamb was taking any of that garbage...

So let's move on Mr. fake Internet GM we're not going to agree because right now you saying there's 0% chance he would have turned down the deal like that I'm telling you that's where you lost this conversation and you lost this debate/// lots of players do this including a person that represented himself Lamar Jackson you probably could have done better for himself having an agent but he bet on himself and right now even two I turned down money you're saying everyone should take so you're wrong he just turned down $50 million and he's not even worth it... These players know what's going on here they're agents look three to five years down the road at what market trends are and they're not gonna allow their client to take a bad deal and $25 million would have been a bad deal last year I promise you that and he would not have taken it the only way he took it if it was like 2 yesrs 50 mil and than right back paying him 30 to 35 million soon, why do I know this because that's what agents and players do they know what's coming... Eventually there will be a downward trend in the market the cat will go stat it might even go down and then we'll see some of this nonsense stop because the league won't be able to afford it anymore and teams can't afford to pay five of their 53 man roster most of their salary cap somewhere it's gonna have to stop.....
We're both in the same boat, right? We don't actually know exactly what happened. What I am doing is going with the highest probability based on the past. Of course there can be other possibilities, I'm just going with the odds. We don't know what they're thinking. But the odds tell you, and from past examples, players take market value way more often than they refuse them.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Was amazed he didn't hold out last year. He gambled on himself and it paid off big time. He would be crazy not to hold out this year. As a team you gotta ask yourself is Lamb the guy we want to lock in as our super star. Based on our options he seems like the best bet that we have.