Twitter: Ceedee to hold out?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This FO is constipated. Make a decision. Dragging everything out kills morale, insults players, and frustrates the fan base.

If you aren’t gonna sign Lamb- then trade him. If you are gonna sign him, then get it done already. His price tag is only increasing.

The fact this FO delays every single one of these damn decisions on extensions is why there is a logjam as they are coming due all at once.

Flamma

Reaction score
This FO is constipated. Make a decision. Dragging everything out kills morale, insults players, and frustrates the fan base.

If you aren’t gonna sign Lamb- then trade him. If you are gonna sign him, then get it done already. His price tag is only increasing.

The fact this FO delays every single one of these damn decisions on extensions is why there is a logjam as they are coming due all at once.
None of this makes sense. If you pay Lamb and Dak now, what are you doing with the cap space it creates? It's too late for that. Or are they going to pay them now and purposely structure it to not create much space?

There is not a single right decision they can make at this point. At best it's too late.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Anyone expecting the Cowboys to have had an actual plan in place has not been paying attention. We are an emotional driven franchise who operates on a reactionary basis. What you are seeing is an emotional reaction to the ridiculous beat down against Green Bay last year. Trying to guess how it will play out is like trying to read the mind of a 2 year old child.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
None of this makes sense. If you pay Lamb and Dak now, what are you doing with the cap space it creates? It's too late for that. Or are they going to pay them now and purposely structure it to not create much space?

There is not a single right decision they can make at this point. At best it's too late.
Which is exactly my point about the FO being constipated. They dragged their feet on all these decisions— and now their procrastination and indecision has resulted in a bunch of complications.

You are correct. There is no longer a “right” decision to be made. They will either overpay on these contracts— or try and trade away an asset for capital.

All three players would sign huge deals on the open market. The market is what is it is at this point. Letting them walk might help your cap— but you have no viable replacements on the roster for any of them— and in refusing to pay the “star” players, they undermine their stated “draft, develop, and sign our guys” strategy.

The whole situation is a cluster cuss caused by the incompetence of the FO.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Which is exactly my point about the FO being constipated. They dragged their feet on all these decisions— and now their procrastination and indecision has resulted in a bunch of complications.

You are correct. There is no longer a “right” decision to be made. They will either overpay on these contracts— or try and trade away an asset for capital.

All three players would sign huge deals on the open market. The market is what is it is at this point. Letting them walk might help your cap— but you have no viable replacements on the roster for any of them— and in refusing to pay the “star” players, they undermine their stated “draft, develop, and sign our guys” strategy.

The whole situation is a cluster cuss caused by the incompetence of the FO.
It's no wonder this team doesn't bother with outside free agents.

The way this FO doesn't even take care of their own players anymore doesn't exactly make the Cowboys an attractive destination for anyone.

I hate to say it, but once Jerry either steps down (or passes) and Stephen takes over, things will only get worse.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I think Cee Dee knows that his career will be wasted in Dallas if they stay with Dak and he's determined to get paid while he can.
I don't blame him.
He just had one of the best years of any wide receiver in the league last year but his career will be wasted in Dallas :lmao: .
I swear fans just talk because they have lips.

lopey

Reaction score
Had Dak ever held out during his contract years, every one of you supporting CeeDee would have gone ape ish and demanded Dak get cut or traded immediately. Y'all do the opposite for CeeDee.

The hypocrisy around here knows no bounds.
Yes we would. Cd is good. Dak isn’t

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He just had one of the best years of any wide receiver in the league last year but his career will be wasted in Dallas :lmao: .
I swear fans just talk because they have lips.
Blair just says this stuff for attention. It’s sad but it works unfortunately. He’s like a Temu version of Risen.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It's no wonder this team doesn't bother with outside free agents.

The way this FO doesn't even take care of their own players anymore doesn't exactly make the Cowboys an attractive destination for anyone.

I hate to say it, but once Jerry either steps down (or passes) and Stephen takes over, things will only get worse.

This right here.

It’s also insane for them to do NOTHING in free agency so that they can “sign their own guys”, but then when it’s time for a homegrown elite player to get a new contract, they drag their feet.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
So, the word going around is that Lamb will request to be traded if the Cowboys don't pay him $32 a year (which would be 2nd in the NFL behind Jefferson)

If I was Lamb, I would probably do the same. My stats prove I am at least 2nd best WR in the league, so if you don't want to pay me somebody else will.

Hypothetically, could probably get a 1st round pick for him???
No one is giving up a first round draft pick for a wide receiver going into his 5th year option year. 1st round picks are more valuable than ever and a prime tool in management of player compensation. Every team has their 1st round pick in the next NFL draft and that’s not going to change.

Flamma

Reaction score
Who the hell threw Lamb the ball? We need a age verification on this site some of you guys have to be children.
Sometimes receivers can make QBs look good too. Dak didn't all of a sudden get good coincidently as Cooper joined the team. Another QB that comes to mind, Tua. Although I think Dak is better than Tua.

Flamma

Reaction score
No one is giving up a first round draft pick for a wide receiver going into his 5th year option year. 1st round picks are more valuable than ever and a prime tool in management of player compensation. Every team has their 1st round pick in the next NFL draft and that’s not going to change.
The Eagles gave a first for AJ Brown going into the last year of his contract. I think they did that on draft day.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sometimes receivers can make QBs look good too. Dak didn't all of a sudden get good coincidently as Cooper joined the team. Another QB that comes to mind, Tua. Although I think Dak is better than Tua.
Lamb has been here lol. For 4 years. Dak was good prior to Lamb getting here.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lamb has been here lol. For 4 years. Dak was good prior to Lamb getting here.
But he wasn't looking good prior to Cooper getting here. He was holding on to the ball for too long and taking a record breaking amount of sacks. In comes Cooper, everything changes.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
You’re wrong! We’re going home early mainly because of the defense and the stupid penalties we keep committing. Those of you who put the blame entirely on Dak don’t have a clue. Fact!
lol. Fact is Ceedee has proven himself in college without Dak and I argue he got two heismans for Baker and Kyler. Fact is Ceedee would be Ceedee without dak but not vice versa. Dak needs an elite arguably top 2 in the league wr. Sal proved in 2018-19 before Amari what he can do without an elite wide receiver which came down to losses piling up. You don’t have the same comparison where you can say ceddee didn’t perform except when Adam got deer in headlights look in big games. Go watch Ceedee against bama 2018 in playoffs. Before the game everyone was saying he couldn’t match Devonte smith, Riggs, and Judy. They had shutdown corners surtain, diggs, Savion Smith and still went for 108 yards. He also played with Hurts his last year and went for 1300 and some change. In the cfp that year he went for 119 against star studded LSU who went on to win championship. The ping is Ceedee would be Ceedee regardless of Adam and that’s proven by him having three different QBs in college and Adam in the nfl. He has been elite with each of those QBs.