Celebrities You Like and Celebrities You Hate

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't dislike any actors because I don't know a lot about them personally but there are some roles I do not like them in and I agree with Hanks in the Da Vinci code movies but he was great in Saving Private Ryan and Bridge of Spies.

I have always liked adopting actors in supporting roles early on in their careers and watching them grow. Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Ben Foster and Michael Shannon are some of my favorites and Pine and Foster together in Hell or High Water and Finest Hour was magic.

I detest anything to do with the Kardashians and I wish to hell this royal painintheass wedding would get done. I do not get the celebrity thing at all. Do people have such crappy lives that they have to live vicariously through these "celebrities"?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good call on Gene Hackman

Gary Oldman. I love seeing him in roles that can be so visually different... He might pull off the makeup looks better than Depp.

Playing young and old. Dracula in one movie. A Scarface dread locked white pimp acting black in true romance. Crazy cop in the professional, crazy wizard in Harry Potter, older police commish in batman and recently Churchill.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Good call on Gene Hackman

Gary Oldman. I love seeing him in roles that can be so visually different... He might pull off the makeup looks better than Depp.

Playing young and old. Dracula in one movie. A Scarface dread locked white pimp acting black in true romance. Crazy cop in the professional, crazy wizard in Harry Potter, older police commish in batman and recently Churchill.
I'm a big fan of Gary Oldman also, but one of my favorite roles of his probably hasn't been seen by many people. Albout 20 years ago, BMW commissioned a series of short films to showcase their cars and hired big time directors and actors to do each short film. The series was called The Hire and Clive Owen played the driver in each short, The Transporter movies pretty much took the idea off these shorts.

Beat the Devil was one of the shorts made, directed by Tony Scott and features Clive Owen, Danny Trejo, James Brown, Gary Oldman as the Devil and an awesome cameo by Marilyn Manson. They're all great and only about 10 minutes each. Beat the Devil with Oldman and Star directed by Guy Ritchie and featuring Madonna are my favorites. Star is downright hilarious, if you like Madonna you'll like it and if you don't like Madonna, you'll like it even more.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Jane Fonda - Not going to get into it and I don't suggest others do either as it is political...we can just leave it at that. I will not watch a movie I know she is in.

Sally Struthers and Jean Stapleton - Could not stand to watch Archie Bunker show because of those two...It was the voices...just fingers on a chalk board to me.

Fran Dresher is the same...the voice.

:thumbdown:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dislike:
Nick Cannon (corny arse dude)
Puff Daddy (see Nick Cannon)
Members of The View
Members of The Real

Like:
Joseph Gordon Levit
Tom Hardy
Mikala Schiffrin (nice personality and attractive)
Alicia Vikander (smokeshow)
Meagan Good (smokeshow)

diefree666

Reaction score
Dislike:
Members of The View
Members of The Real

Like:
Joseph Gordon Levit
Tom Hardy
Meagan Good (smokeshow)
I am really old; because I do not recognize ANY of those you like

timb2

Reaction score
Dislike:
Members of The View
Members of The Real

Like:
Joseph Gordon Levit
Tom Hardy
Meagan Good (smokeshow)
I agree.I hate Puff Daddy,P.Diddy Piggily Wiggily,H.R. Puff-n-Stuff whatever other stupid names he calls himself.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Their are actors and actresses I like more than others and there are ones I don't like as much as others.

With that said...there are only a very very few that I just cannot stand to watch.

Jane Fonda - Not going to get into it and I don't suggest others do either as it is political...we can just leave it at that. I will not watch a movie I know she is in.

Sally Struthers and Jean Stapleton - Could not stand to watch Archie Bunker show because of those two...It was the voices...just fingers on a chalk board to me.

Fran Dresher is the same...the voice.
Orlando Bloom falls into that category for me. How can you play an elf the exact same way as a pirate? I will admit I thought he was excellent in Kingdom of Heaven

jsb357

Reaction score
Slight thread jack...

No one has mentioned Christopher Walken either like or dislike.

He's great but he's not an actor as he plays Christopher Walken in most every role.

Now his work in Deer Hunter was different but that was very early.

Playing Christopher Walken works well sometimes and other times, not so well.

Any way... back to the subject.

Dislikes
constantly repeating Sequels
and unimaginative writing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Slight thread jack...

No one has mentioned Christopher Walken either like or dislike.

He's great but he's not an actor as he plays Christopher Walken in most every role.

Now his work in Deer Hunter was different but that was very early.

Playing Christopher Walken works well sometimes and other times, not so well.

Any way... back to the subject.

Dislikes
constantly repeating Sequels
and unimaginative writing.
You can put Malkovic in that same category as Walken. They create characters that writers put in their scripts. Causing us to say "wow, no one else could have played that as well as he did".