Celebrities You Like and Celebrities You Hate

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good call on Gene Hackman

Gary Oldman. I love seeing him in roles that can be so visually different... He might pull off the makeup looks better than Depp.

Playing young and old. Dracula in one movie. A Scarface dread locked white pimp acting black in true romance. Crazy cop in the professional, crazy wizard in Harry Potter, older police commish in batman and recently Churchill.
For some reason, it usually takes me a few minutes to realize it's Gary Oldman I'm watching, when I see him in a new role.

Even in The Dark Knight, it didn't Dawn on me until quite a ways into the movie.

I don't know if it's because he just has that "every man" look, or if his acting actually disguises him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Slight thread jack...

No one has mentioned Christopher Walken either like or dislike.

He's great but he's not an actor as he plays Christopher Walken in most every role.

Now his work in Deer Hunter was different but that was very early.

Playing Christopher Walken works well sometimes and other times, not so well.

Any way... back to the subject.

Dislikes
constantly repeating Sequels
and unimaginative writing.
I once read that Walken has his scripts delivered with no punctuation, so he can make it what he wants it to be. Don't know if that's true, and don't remember where I read it...but I like to think it's true. Lol

diefree666

Reaction score
So am I the only one who can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio?
nope. he has been anointed so much its sickening. He is a very good actor but he is NOT what he has been nearly universally proclaimed which is the finest actor of his generation by far

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
nope. he has been anointed so much its sickening. He is a very good actor but he is NOT what he has been nearly universally proclaimed which is the finest actor of his generation by far
He just seems like a total dbag.

kskboys

Reaction score
Anybody else hate Tom Hanks? I think I'm alone in that one.

And I've got a perfectly normal and socially acceptable man crush on Matt Damon. Like Tom Hardy as well.

Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, anybody else wish we could post the Family Guy horse in a bar clip here?

Memememememe!!!! I can't stand Tom Hanks. You are not alone!!

Sarah, as someone already so aptly stated, is a pure butterface. And she's not secksy to make up for it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Matt Damon had some good work earlier but I think he has just cashed it in in his last few films. I think the movie companies hype him up so people think it's going to be a great film and it's just average.

I like Jack Nicholson also

Jake Gyllenhahl had some good movies like "Donnie Darko" & "The Good Girl",but that movie "LIFE" was awful.

Johnny Depp had some very good movies but those Pirates of Carribean movies were awful. Depp sold out for the money vs good roles. He did great in "Black Mass" which I do not think he got the credit he deserved in that film. I heard Johnny Depp has debt and a alcohol problem and might have a drug problem again.They said that last Pirates of the Carribean movie he was very difficult to work with. One day he was there ,the next he was too messed up to work.

Also I hate
Most of these rappers turn into actors. The only one who to me did real good was ICE T. He was good in "Trespass" & "Surviving the Game"

Kirsten Dunst-just not pretty enough to me for the lead roles she gets. I believe Hollywood picks unattractive women sometimes for these roles because women won't feel intimidated by a not so pretty girl. You notice that the women who get those Cover Girl or Maybelline sponsorships are not very attractive. Sarah Jessica Parker,Ellen DeGenres,Queen Latifah....
Let me add Gwynwth Paltrow and Anne Heche. Ick.

rynochop

Reaction score
I know Bill Paxton died, but man I thought he was a horrible actor..I'll never know how he got the roles he did. The same only thing I liked him was in weird science as Chet

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know Bill Paxton died, but man I thought he was a horrible actor..I'll never know how he got the roles he did. The same only thing I liked him was in weird science as Chet
I don't think he was a bad actor. I think he was infusing himself in the roles, and maybe it's him you don't like.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked him and he was the comic balance in Aliens. He was also very good in the Hatfields and McCoys. Did a nice job in Apollo 13 too.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, come on, he played the most excellent pantspizzing weasel I've ever seen in True Lies.

I think it's him you don't like, dude was an excellent actor, w/ great range. He played the bad cop great in the one movie w/ Damon on Washington . To a T.

The actor I just can't stand is Robert Duball. Thing is, I know he's a great actor, so it's just personal dislike, nothing more.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, come on, he played the most excellent pantspizzing weasel I've ever seen in True Lies.

I think it's him you don't like, dude was an excellent actor, w/ great range. He played the bad cop great in the one movie w/ Damon on Washington . To a T.

The actor I just can't stand is Robert Duball. Thing is, I know he's a great actor, so it's just personal dislike, nothing more.
Robert Duvall? Who the Hell doesn't like Robert Duvall??? What the Hell is wrong with you?????????.................Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timb2

Reaction score
I liked Paxton in Aliens.

kskboys

Reaction score
Robert Duvall? Who the Hell doesn't like Robert Duvall??? What the Hell is wrong with you?????????.................Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, right?

C'mooon, come clean. Who's a really good actor that you just can't stand. Everyone has one or two.