CFP Clemson vs tOSU

T-RO

Reaction score
Ohio State was the better team from the parts I watched. The run game opened things up for Field's passing.

I don't know that much separates Lawrence, Fields, or Wilson. Lawrence seems a bit over-rated. However, those that thing this game proves Fields > Lawrence are prisoners of the moment and lacking appreciation for team play.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I love all the Trevor hate in this thread like he hasn't been a national champion.

Fields will do absolutely nothing in the NFL like all of his other predecessors. But the kid played a gutsy game and earned the right to lose to Alabama.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I love all the Trevor hate in this thread like he hasn't been a national champion.

Fields will do absolutely nothing in the NFL like all of his other predecessors. But the kid played a gutsy game and earned the right to lose to Alabama.
Your right and he did play a gutsy game. I hope your right about them losing to Alabama but you never know.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Both these QBs are really good and have had great careers.

Ohio State stopped the run and ran at will themselves.....which opened that passing game up
Heroic effort by Fields, Sermon and the entire team.

Qcard

Reaction score

No Hate for Lawrence....just they hype machine that ignores like Dak in 2016 (Cowboys talent), Trevor Lawrence was on a Clemson team that was producing NFL prospects.

Lawrence is not Generational like Mannning whom carried Tennessee Vols

DFWJC

Reaction score
I would take Barbie between the two w/o a 2nd thought.

Elway was 3-8 his senior year.
You and all 32 NFL GMs and scouting departments.
No slight towards Fields though. He’s good

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pretty much. The Buckeyes just looked ready to play and Clemson, not so much.

The OL controllingg the line of scrimmage was what got the ball rolling, and from there, the rest of the team started dominating the Tigers.

It was great to watch because I really like that kind of smash mouth football.
Once they established that Buckeye run game, there were guys running open all over that Clemson secondary. Adding the TEs into the mix really shook things up too.
Great game plan and execution.

They shut down Clemsons run game and made them one dimensional. Etienne will be a great pro back, but he got shut down on the ground today. Made pass rushing easy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ohio State was the better team from the parts I watched. The run game opened things up for Field's passing.

I don't know that much separates Lawrence, Fields, or Wilson. Lawrence seems a bit over-rated. However, those that thing this game proves Fields > Lawrence are prisoners of the moment and lacking appreciation for team play.

Meh, some of us are just tired of seeing people slobbering over Barbie like he's the Second Coming.

He was outplayed by Fields tonight. Spin it any way you like.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
i think fields will be better than lawrence in the nfl. Fields was a baller today. Showed up in a huge game to win the upset.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Meh, some of us are just tired of seeing people slobbering over Barbie like he's the Second Coming.

He was outplayed by Fields tonight. Spin it any way you like.

me and you both. Watch pretty boy end up a bust. Remember when everyone was saying Wentz was better then Dak. Well do anyone still believe that?
(And i liked Wentz coming out of the draft).

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
how did fields get that ball in there for a touchdown. best throw i have seen from him in the last two weeks.

Predetermined throws like that will get him picked off in the NFL...He locked on to the TE from the snap...Everyone will jump on the Field band wagon after tonight...have @ it. He had all day to throw....who couldn't make those passes?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You're clueless. You've been pimping Barbie for months, and it's the only reason you started this thread. It was all about patting yourself on the back.

Instead, your favorite girl went home with another guy. Keep sharing the keen football insights, genius. :muttley:

What am I clueless about?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What am I clueless about?

Seriously? Pretty much everything. :muttley:

You've been going off on this, that, and anything else and you've been wrong time and again. Go look at your posting history. I doesn't need to be explained.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Fields looking to solidify what seemed like a sliding ranking. I think he’s solidly seen as #2 over Wilson is he continues this level of play, especially if they win and he duplicates it vs Alabama.

Wilson is much more advanced in reading a defense.....Fields was pre-determining throws all night long. LOL...good luck w/ that next level.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I love Fields. Not sure that warrants an ejection though

Snowflakes have taken over football.....and the entire game changed after that. :popcorn: Old school legal hit...not sure what else the defender is supposed to do....Fields initiated the contact....if he goes low....then it's penalty for taking out his legs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I wonder if Lawrence loses this game, he returns for his SR year like his idol Peyton Manning did.

Same thought crossed my mind....I don't think I would want to come back to that O-line. They got shredded tonight.....and the NFL has pretty much picked that roster apart. I just don't think Clemson reloads like Alabama or the top SEC schools.

ghst187

Reaction score
I would take Barbie between the two w/o a 2nd thought.

Elway was 3-8 his senior year.
And Aaron Rodgers tanked in his bowl game, his last before going pro after an overall stellar season. Caused him to drop into the 20s draft day. Turned out well for him and GB.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Fields really locks onto his primary..

As good as he’s looked tonight he just locks onto 1 guy. Clemson is giving it to him too.

Glad someone else noticed.....Holy hell....what a horrible game plan from the Clemson defensive coaches. They were content getting beat deep all night long...w/ no safety help. Fields had all day to throw...I think they finally blitzed once..and got home....then didn't do it again all night. Stupid....

Hate that single high safety defense....just asks to get beat deep on every play.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
me and you both. Watch pretty boy end up a bust. Remember when everyone was saying Wentz was better then Dak. Well do anyone still believe that?
(And i liked Wentz coming out of the draft).
Are you now on record saying Lawrence will bust?
Seriously?

He did lead his team to BCS Playoff 3 straight years.
Only QB to ever do that so far.
They did blow out Alabama for the National Title a couple of years ago and beat Ohio State last year (with Fields) in Semis.

The last two Clemson QBs to win National Titles are
Deshawn Watson
Trevor Lawrence

I like his odds to succeed at the next level.