Chad Forbes gives the Cowboys a D for the offseason

Shane612

Reaction score
IMO I think being able to retain Dan Quinn and trading a 5th for Cooks and a 5th for Gilmore. Along with the subtractions of Zeke and Kellen Moore make this a good off season.

I felt like WR, CB2, and run stuffing DT was the biggest needs for this team and I think they filled those holes.

I also felt like they retained all of the improvement in house free agents, and let the right ones walk. JMO
Do you believe the cowboys did enough to catch the beagles?
I do not. In fact, I feel they fell further behind.

Rayman70

Reaction score
in my Irsay voice, who the hell is Chad Forbes? Who gives a shiet what he thinks? I mean really guys.

Cebrin

Reaction score
This Chad fella seems delusional.
He does indeed. Dallas didn't grab flashy picks, but they most certainly have addressed their weakness in the draft imo. I live in Washington now, so I keep up with the Hawks. They look to be dangerous if the QB can reproduce, and they got another beast mode downhill runner in Charbonnet. They're gonna be dangerous if they stay healthy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Some real homering.

We’ve seen Dak with much much better supporting casts and he want good enough then..
How fast Dak become the senior citizen most tenured back in the NFC.
I want that to translate to some knowledge now old man, thats what the best have done, taken their knowledge of the game and trascended their play because of it.
Im still waiting for Dak to learn to read a soft zone, so that is concerning.

ghst187

Reaction score
Solid B

A- for free agency

C+ for draft
Yeah funny this is one off-season in a long long time where I was pleasantly surprised with our FA moves, cuts, resigns, and additions.
Wasn’t crazy about the draft but it wasn’t a good one overall either. Hopefully, it will be better than I thought though.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How exactly did the Eagles get an A lol.

They lost a starting OL and their best DL - not to mention the other pieces that walked on the defensive side of the ball (not that they were that good anyway).
They had the best draft and stole De'Andre Swift from Detroit. The core of the team is still in tact. When you can replace Hargrave with arguably the best player in the draft, thats not a net loss. They still have the best DT rotation in the NFL. The LB core was the hardest hit but they have Nakobe Dean waiting in the wings for an opportunity.

mldardy

Reaction score
They had the best draft and stole De'Andre Swift from Detroit. The core of the team is still in tact. When you can replace Hargrave with arguably the best player in the draft, thats not a net loss. They still have the best DT rotation in the NFL. The LB core was the hardest hit but they have Nakobe Dean waiting in the wings for an opportunity.
:rolleyes:

krs1bro

Reaction score
We all should be aware that bashing the Cowboys is what the so called expert analyst makes them somehow relevant. My hopes are that Americas team shoves it down their throats. Too bad we are the highest rated team on television. They (analyst) exist because the Cowboys exist. GO BOYS!!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Who is this Chad Forbes, and why should I care about his opinion? His opinion means nothing to me.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
I think he looks at how much we improved vs other teams. Gilmore is past his prime and Cooks isn't enough to carry the offseason.
Gilmore graded out as a top 5-6 CB last year if my memory is correct. I would take as many of those past their prime players I could get my hands on.

Schultz had a whopping 57 receptions last year. People here would have lost their #@%$ if we signed him for 8-9M.

I think between our rookie and existing TE’s, we won’t have a problem replacing Schultz receptions. Add in greater Pollard receiving utilization (hopefully), possibilities with Deuce in the passing game (assuming he makes the team), a healthy Gallup (I assume Dallas is aware of his progress), and Cooks (Dak is already raving about his speed), my level of worry is way less than last year.

I like Zeke but his loss has cost me zero seconds of sleep loss.

I would have liked some OL love earlier but I think Dallas is better informed of their plans than I. I know I didn’t have to be talked off a ledge when we lost McGovern for $23M.

And I could care less about Philly. Before I joined this board, I always thought it was Philly who obsessed about the Cowboys. My short time here has been enlightening.

Grades:
Free agency - A
Draft - incomplete…it’s an exercise in futility at this point