Chad Forbes gives the Cowboys a D for the offseason

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Who is Chad Forbes? Seriously all these dudes in the media do is talk bad about the Cowboys to get recognition.

StarLord

Reaction score
Our off-season was weird.

Like they almost completely ignored getting this QB more help.

Still hoping they can get a trade for Derrick Henry done for a 1 or 2 year rental.
You are really hand-wringing about how Dak is going to perform next year? It's like every comment of yours I see on the board right now. Signed essentially a number 1 WR, cut an ineffective Zeke, used a 2 on a new TE, got a younger RB, Gallup a year removed from surgery. He gets paid to lift those around him. He believes in himself, so all is well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are really hand-wringing about how Dak is going to perform next year? It's like every comment of yours I see on the board right now. Signed essentially a number 1 WR, cut an ineffective Zeke, used a 2 on a new TE, got a younger RB, Gallup a year removed from surgery. He gets paid to lift those around him. He believes in himself, so all is well.
I completely agree that with a legit elite QB we have more than enough.

We don’t have that.

Dak’s been in an optimal environment for practically his entire career. It’s never been enough.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
4DSKQCHGUQI6RGRY4CQIDD275I.jpg

Never trust someone named after a defect in a Florida voting ballot.
I thought he was named after a financial magazine. It's funny we make his list every year as the most valuable franchise and then he goes and does this. Ungrateful.

Jipper

Reaction score
Some real homering.

We’ve seen Dak with much much better supporting casts and he want good enough then..
Calling me a homer because i stated some facts in terms of how the team addressed making the situation better for the QB which you clearly stated they didnt....you are an odd one

I never said anything about the comparable cast from prior years (other than 2022) which again i will state they have done a number of things including scheme change to make it a more advantageous situation for the quarterback...not sure how that makes me a homer.

75boyz

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'll continue to support all the homer armchair GM opinions here because that's what qualifies me as a fan.
And I dont want my fan card pulled.

Jipper

Reaction score
Unreal. For 8 years now, it’s always about getting Dak more help. As soon as possible, replace the elephant in the room.
hate to tell you but Dak is probably not going anywhere any time soon....hes just good enough in enough spots that they recognize it will be hard to replace him, but he struggles to get over the hump when it matters most...hoping an elite defense and the new scheme make a change this year, all we can do

CowboysFanKY88

Reaction score
I don’t agree with this at all. Being able to retain Quinn, and the addition’s of Cooks, Gilmore, and Mazi are huge.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't know who it is but he loves the Eagles losing 7 starters on defense and replacing them with rookies.

Downgrades across the board. A!

Lol
I mean if the eagles would've signed Gilmore or Cooks people would've called it a HOME RUN!!!! LOOK AT THE EAGLES!!!!

Gorgon

Reaction score

Listening to the gambling show with Robert Barnes & his two guys last night.

Not only did they give Dallas an A but said the Cowboys were in the top 5 overall drafts because they drafted to need in every single pick, didn't reacy, and will have 6 starters out of this bunch. Deuce will be a major hit, they said.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hate to tell you but Dak is probably not going anywhere any time soon....hes just good enough in enough spots that they recognize it will be hard to replace him, but he struggles to get over the hump when it matters most...hoping an elite defense and the new scheme make a change this year, all we can do
I do not see the Cowboys parting ways with him unless they have no choice. They've had alternative directions they could have gone and chose to stay with him.

He's the Man of the Year to top that off and that's a huge deal to the Jones family. Helps with a lot of the "characters" the team has had over the years.

But isn't it odd? Last year we get a rookie CB witnessing a murder and they can't write enough about it but the QB gets this kind of honor for devoting much of his time to others and I wonder how many people really know that.

And we complain about bad actors here a lot but get one that receives the highest honor a player can receive and he gets little credit for that, all about those picks and how much money he makes.

Has our obsession with winning over ridden our humanity?

75boyz

Reaction score
I do not see the Cowboys parting ways with him unless they have no choice. They've had alternative directions they could have gone and chose to stay with him.

He's the Man of the Year to top that off and that's a huge deal to the Jones family. Helps with a lot of the "characters" the team has had over the years.

But isn't it odd? Last year we get a rookie CB witnessing a murder and they can't write enough about it but the QB gets this kind of honor for devoting much of his time to others and I wonder how many people really know that.

And we complain about bad actors here a lot but get one that receives the highest honor a player can receive and he gets little credit for that, all about those picks and how much money he makes.

Has our obsession with winning over ridden our humanity?
Didnt Romo say after a loss of something along the lines of "if this is the worst thing I've done" and was forever chastised as one who didn't take his job as QB or winning seriously enough?

I know it was something similar to what I've described here.