Chad Forbes gives the Cowboys a D for the offseason

Jipper

Reaction score
I do not see the Cowboys parting ways with him unless they have no choice. They've had alternative directions they could have gone and chose to stay with him.

He's the Man of the Year to top that off and that's a huge deal to the Jones family. Helps with a lot of the "characters" the team has had over the years.

But isn't it odd? Last year we get a rookie CB witnessing a murder and they can't write enough about it but the QB gets this kind of honor for devoting much of his time to others and I wonder how many people really know that.

And we complain about bad actors here a lot but get one that receives the highest honor a player can receive and he gets little credit for that, all about those picks and how much money he makes.

Has our obsession with winning over ridden our humanity?
I am a big fan of Dak the leader, teammate and person - he has always done things the right way and seems to be a very good person and teammate - good story

I think its ok to feel a big supporter of him and also have some issues with his play - honestly, i think a lot of the people that defend him on here give extra to stick up for him (on a forum) because of the other attributes you are eluding to.

I really hope he can put it all together this year, would be great to see for many reasons.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listening to the gambling show with Robert Barnes & his two guys last night.

Not only did they give Dallas an A but said the Cowboys were in the top 5 overall drafts because they drafted to need in every single pick, didn't reacy, and will have 6 starters out of this bunch. Deuce will be a major hit, they said.
Yes, the key is to draft for need. Like the great Robert Barnes once said.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Who's going to trust some guy named "Chad" when it comes to the NFL. Chad Forbes is the name of some New England boys summer camp councilor that got suspended for being "too hands on" with some of the campers.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not sure id give them a D I think they had a damn good FA period and there are still opportunities. In terms of the draft I give it a C but who am I. I like the picks in rounds 1,3,4,6,. Not enamoured with the other 3 rounds. Mostly with where they were taken not necessarily the player. at least for round 2.

Overall offseason id give a B- thus far

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would give them a C at this point in time. The UDFA would kick it up a notch. D is a bit low. But hey, you know what they say about opinions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its confusing. The Eagles lost talent. Essentially only adding Swift. Yes they have rookies but the chances of those rookies coming in and performing at a high level are slim.

Cowboys replaced Anthony Brown with Stephen Gilmore and Noah Brown with Brandon Cooks and get a D for it lol. You can't make this up lol.

starfan1

Reaction score
Nope. They traded for Cooks, a RB, drafted a RB and TE.
I think they half arsed tried. The cooks part of it i like everything else Meh! We could have used better better playmakers and I hope the line remains healthy. I think they could have helped dak more so Im kind of in agreement with risen which is rare

shabazz

Reaction score
Didnt Romo say after a loss of something along the lines of "if this is the worst thing I've done" and was forever chastised as one who didn't take his job as QB or winning seriously enough?

I know it was something similar to what I've described here.
I thought Lee Harvey Oswald said that?

CowboysFanKY88

Reaction score
Compared to what?
IMO I think being able to retain Dan Quinn and trading a 5th for Cooks and a 5th for Gilmore. Along with the subtractions of Zeke and Kellen Moore make this a good off season.

I felt like WR, CB2, and run stuffing DT was the biggest needs for this team and I think they filled those holes.

I also felt like they retained all of the improvement in house free agents, and let the right ones walk. JMO