Changed my mind about Lamb

Thomas82

Reaction score
I don't care about all the pay day drama, all I care about in this particular situation is CD being a Cowboy for a very long time, give him a billion per, doesn't matter.
That makes 2 of us!!

CWR

Reaction score
I don't care about all the pay day drama, all I care about in this particular situation is CD being a Cowboy for a very long time, give him a billion per, doesn't matter.
I cared more when I was under the misconception saving meant a more aggressive FA period.

I don't believe we will be shifting towards that anytime soon. If you're not going to be aggressive after 3 12 win, early exit seasons you probably never will. I realize we have huge contracts to hand out, but again I'll point to the Eagles 350 million in void year money, on the books. It's possible to sign our guys and go get a Saquon Barkley etc. We chose not to, because we don't want to eventually clear the tab. It's more responsible, but I'd rather take shots and rebuild.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You have no idea what he was offered.

It’s hilarious watching people rush to Jerry’s defense here and trash Lamb. Jerry deserves zero benefit of the doubt.
whenhas Jerry not financially rewarded his star players? so yea,,....he deserves plenty benefit of the doubt.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think the take home here is that you root for the uniform not the players who wear it. The players are not fans. The only loyalty in pro sports is from the fans to their team. Been saying for years that I cheer for whoever wears the star. When they switch teams or holdout, I could not care less about them.
we are the exact same.... I like Lamb because he wears the star. Just like he likes the Cowboys because they pay him. Look how quickly he removed all Cowboys stuff from his social media. If lamb were to be traded, I would wish him no ill will, but I wouldnt give a damn about him having future success.

Sydla

Reaction score
whenhas Jerry not financially rewarded his star players? so yea,,....he deserves plenty benefit of the doubt.
Again, you only see the end contracts where he likely buckles.

You have no idea what he has on the table right now for Lamb. So to say Lamb is in the wrong and Jerry is in the right is preposterous given the fact we actually have no idea what is on the table, two, what Lamb signs for will likely be different than what is on the table right now.

I mean he dragged his feet on Elliott and then panicked. It's quite possible he's drawn the line in the sand with Lamb on what he has offered and then a week from now will panic and up his offer. Can you confirm right now for the board 1) the details of the current contract offer on the table and 2) that this current offer will be exactly what Lamb will sign for when he signs a contract next week, for example?

Unless you know the actual details of the contract offer sitting in front of Lamb, criticizing Lamb for not taking the deal is pretty silly.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.
Uh dude. The cap growing every year is a result of NFL revenue increasing every season primarily due to the increasingly valuable rights to air games on streaming services and TV stations. It has very little to do with how much you pay for your hot dog at AT&T. Not to mention this is a capped league, so it's not like the money isn't going to be spent on players anyway.

There are logical reasons to argue for not signing Lamb, but this is definitely not one of them. Say it with me: You're not a victim of Ceedee Lamb.

blueblood70

Reaction score
we are the exact same.... I like Lamb because he wears the star. Just like he likes the Cowboys because they pay him. Look how quickly he removed all Cowboys stuff from his social media. If lamb were to be traded, I would wish him no ill will, but I wouldnt give a damn about him having future success.
:hammer:x2

blueblood70

Reaction score
That makes 2 of us!!
I mean I agree except for one thing it does matter how much you pay him the fact that he's gonna be greedy and hold out for that other 2 million he's hurting the team because they're trying to stay under salary cap which is not 1 billion there's a Major League budget with a roster limit and building a team is difficult the Cowboys extended him $33 million that's an offer that should be agreeable it's a compromise him holding out to be the highest paid VS second highest paid non quarterback in the league is ridiculous to me and as much as I want him on this team if I'm the Cowboys that's it for me and I'm not gonna hold it against the organization if they just keep handing him the same 1 now and go ahead and call his block and let's see if he's ready to lose $15 million sitting out 12 games and all the fines when there's only 2 million apart meaning if he finally does get close to 35,000,000 by the end of all this he'll never make it back he'd have to play another 7 plus years in order to make that back it makes no sense to me This is why if I'm Jerry I'm just going to go ahead and say this is it sign it or come play..

And I'm not trying to take sides I want lamb on this team as well but like Reed said above umm if he's shutting himself off of all social media and that quick to leave the Cowboys I'm sorry as a fan I'm not taking your side this time you got a Major League offer this was not a lowball this is above the league average for top five wide receivers this is one of the highest salaries in the NFL and you turned it down and what empathy from fans? NOPE this would be different if Jerry would have only offered him like say 27.5 looked over there at DJ Moore and said well he's almost as good as lamb I mean on this team he might be as good as lamb or look at the fact that tyree kill accepted 30 million per year it's matter of fact all wide receivers are 31 million that's the average for the top five guys and he turned 33 down and I'm sorry this is not a lowball offer this is not asking for a team discount this is literally a great offer..

So as much as I was on his side when he was holding out and didn't mind him wanting a new deal and doing whatever he could with with little leverage he has up until the season starts after he rejected the last offer it started turning me I'm sorry..

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean I agree except for one thing it does matter how much you pay him the fact that he's gonna be greedy and hold out for that other 2 million he's hurting the team because they're trying to stay under salary cap which is not 1 billion there's a Major League budget with a roster limit and building a team is difficult the Cowboys extended him $33 million that's an offer that should be agreeable it's a compromise him holding out to be the highest paid VS second highest paid non quarterback in the league is ridiculous to me and as much as I want him on this team if I'm the Cowboys that's it for me and I'm not gonna hold it against the organization if they just keep handing him the same 1 now and go ahead and call his block and let's see if he's ready to lose $15 million sitting out 12 games and all the fines when there's only 2 million apart meaning if he finally does get close to 35,000,000 by the end of all this he'll never make it back he'd have to play another 7 plus years in order to make that back it makes no sense to me This is why if I'm Jerry I'm just going to go ahead and say this is it sign it or come play..

And I'm not trying to take sides I want lamb on this team as well but like Reed said above umm if he's shutting himself off of all social media and that quick to leave the Cowboys I'm sorry as a fan I'm not taking your side this time you got a Major League offer this was not a lowball this is above the league average for top five wide receivers this is one of the highest salaries in the NFL and you turned it down and what empathy from fans? NOPE this would be different if Jerry would have only offered him like say 27.5 looked over there at DJ Moore and said well he's almost as good as lamb I mean on this team he might be as good as lamb or look at the fact that tyree kill accepted 30 million per year it's matter of fact all wide receivers are 31 million that's the average for the top five guys and he turned 33 down and I'm sorry this is not a lowball offer this is not asking for a team discount this is literally a great offer..

So as much as I was on his side when he was holding out and didn't mind him wanting a new deal and doing whatever he could with with little leverage he has up until the season starts after he rejected the last offer it started turning me I'm sorry..
Again, you have ZERO idea what the contract issues are, what the offer on the table is, etc.

People really need to stop focusing on the $33MM v $35MM thing. That likely isn't the issue that has to be scratched out here. It's likely length of the contract and guaranteed money.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again, you only see the end contracts where he likely buckles.

You have no idea what he has on the table right now for Lamb. So to say Lamb is in the wrong and Jerry is in the right is preposterous given the fact we actually have no idea what is on the table, two, what Lamb signs for will likely be different than what is on the table right now.

I mean he dragged his feet on Elliott and then panicked. It's quite possible he's drawn the line in the sand with Lamb on what he has offered and then a week from now will panic and up his offer. Can you confirm right now for the board 1) the details of the current contract offer on the table and 2) that this current offer will be exactly what Lamb will sign for when he signs a contract next week, for example?

Unless you know the actual details of the contract offer sitting in front of Lamb, criticizing Lamb for not taking the deal is pretty silly.
It has been widely reported Lamb was offered 33 million.
Zeke had 2 years left on his deal, so the team was in no hurry.... and Zeke became the highest paid RB in th eleague..

so like I said, Cowboys star players ALWAYS get taken care of.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again, you have ZERO idea what the contract issues are, what the offer on the table is, etc.

People really need to stop focusing on the $33MM v $35MM thing. That likely isn't the issue that has to be scratched out here. It's likely length of the contract and guaranteed money.
it is likely the length of the deal, not the guarantee. Cowboys are flush with cash, that isnt the problem.

My guess is Lamb wants a three year deal, and if I was the Cowboys I would tell him that will NEVER HAPPEN.

Sydla

Reaction score
It has been widely reported Lamb was offered 33 million.
Zeke had 2 years left on his deal, so the team was in no hurry.... and Zeke became the highest paid RB in th eleague..

so like I said, Cowboys star players ALWAYS get taken care of.
$33MM is a meaningless number. How do you not get this? What is the guaranteed money? What is the signing bonus? What are the other terms? Are they haggling over a no trade clause? How about length?

You heard one rumor about a $33MM AAV and from there you've decided Jerry is in the right and Lamb is in the wrong. That's an interesting position to take at this point given we know so little about the actual contract offer but the homers are often quick to take Jerry/Cowboys side in moments like this.

As for Zeke, how many years he had left is meaningless. He asked for a contract, the Cowboys made a few contract offers. The Cowboys then in late August, per Ed Werder, made a higher offer and within days Elliott signed. So again, this whole "Jerry takes care of his players" is a meaningless statement because you only see the end contract details, you don't see where Dallas initially started in these negotiations. We know in the Elliott situation, their initial offers weren't good enough and they eventually came in with a bigger offer later as the season was looming.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#4 - You will not include profanity or non-family friendly language in your posts.

#13 - You will not circumvent the language filter.

Loso86

Reaction score
dont use Mahomes... he is an outlier that takes less money, like Brady because he knows he wants his team stronger. Also, when you make Mahomes type money..... you dont worry about the guy below you moving past.so the point is still valid and applies, he took a little less to start then adjusted it and now 66 mil cap hit next year. Either way

Loso86

Reaction score
When you sell a house it is only worth what someone is willing to buy it.

CD is not on the market. He is under contract.
That or yoi wait like BOTH are doing. He is under a 5th year option so they can do just this. Let's talk the next time the TEAM releases or trades someone whonis under contract

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
If I was a player, I’d try to squeeze every last dime from the team, too.

I’d care about creating generational wealth for my family, their future families, etc far more than anything else.

kskboys

Reaction score
If I was a player, I’d try to squeeze every last dime from the team, too.

I’d care about creating generational wealth for my family, their future families, etc far more than anything else.
Let's see, let's go w/ a 5 year deal. 35 mil at 5 years is 175 mill.

33 mil at 5 years is 165 mil.

Either is generational wealth, poor argument.