Changed my mind about Lamb

kskboys

Reaction score
What about generational SB's for the fans?
Yup.

I don't root for these players personally, I only root for them as members of the team I follow, adore, obsess over, all that.

So, on a personal scale, it's a zero as to me caring what they make. If Jerry could find a way to pay them a billion per year w/o affecting the salary cap, I'd be fine w/ it.

However, my interest lies completely in building a super bowl team. Paying a WR(any WR) 35 mil/season keeps you from that, no matter how good he is.

The Vikings are able to pay Jefferson that purely because they don't have a QB they have to pay a ton to. As soon as they have to pay McCarthy(If he pans out, that is), Jefferson is gone.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yup.

I don't root for these players personally, I only root for them as members of the team I follow, adore, obsess over, all that.

So, on a personal scale, it's a zero as to me caring what they make. If Jerry could find a way to pay them a billion per year w/o affecting the salary cap, I'd be fine w/ it.

However, my interest lies completely in building a super bowl team. Paying a WR(any WR) 35 mil/season keeps you from that, no matter how good he is.

The Vikings are able to pay Jefferson that purely because they don't have a QB they have to pay a ton to. As soon as they have to pay McCarthy(If he pans out, that is), Jefferson is gone.
Pretty sure the fans are on the bottom of the list of who players are playing for.

Swanny

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
I have no issues with players getting big pay days and I have no issues with Jerry trying to pinch pennies on the salary cap. I don't blame either side for drawing a line in the sand. But in the end we all know Jerry will buckle and make CD the highest paid WR in football. Jerry pays his guys especially guys he's drafted. CD and his agent know that.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I have no issues with players getting big pay days and I have no issues with Jerry trying to pinch pennies on the salary cap. I don't blame either side for drawing a line in the sand. But in the end we all know Jerry will buckle and make CD the highest paid WR in football. Jerry pays his guys especially guys he's drafted. CD and his agent know that.
Oh no doubt Jerry will cave in even though he shouldn't. CD evolved into a top WR last year, but I promise anybody that the moment he gets paid he will not live up to being a $35M a year WR. And besides that, it's such a waste of money. For that money, you can string together a WR brigade that will be just as effective and also put all of your eggs in one basket.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Oh no doubt Jerry will cave in even though he shouldn't. CD evolved into a top WR last year, but I promise anybody that the moment he gets paid he will not live up to being a $35M a year WR. And besides that, it's such a waste of money. For that money, you can string together a WR brigade that will be just as effective and also put all of your eggs in one basket.
I think Jerry has made his final offer to CD.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I think Jerry has made his final offer to CD.
I can only dream! Face it everybody, the Cowboys boxed themselves into a really bad salary cap situation. Whatever you feel about Dak/Micah/CD, there's no way the Cowboys can sign all 3 to the contracts they want and still be able to field a team with enough depth to contend. The Chiefs brilliantly walked away from Hill and have rings to show for it. I don't understand why more teams don't follow suit.

blueblood70

Reaction score
that's true about most players they got the deals because they had career years almost unheard of to back a career yar with better year, ,they got them because of the potential to at least maintain a high level of pay not setting personal/team/NFL records. i get your point but this happens to all owner they have to cave or drop level in talent for a year or two and develop another.

i would definitely stick to the 33 million IMHO not cave id say that it come play for 33 or 17 , hold out ok lose 15mil you cant make up.. id keep sliding that same deal back and see what happens. 10 days from now we will know who blinks.. the precipice of all this will create reality. no more true leverage for lamb being 2mil aprt 33/35 and 15mil lost if he takes 12 games , that playg 7-8 years to make that back, it makes zero sense. maybe it game or 2 but i dont see it, i bet he waits until say Friday and things heat up. if jerry doesn't cave maybe he signs the 33, worth waiting IMHO

if lamb presses the issue id counter with Michael Thomias or Juju Shuster on 1year deal.. it wont be the same as CD but with Cooks and one of them it should be manageable.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I can only dream! Face it everybody, the Cowboys boxed themselves into a really bad salary cap situation. Whatever you feel about Dak/Micah/CD, there's no way the Cowboys can sign all 3 to the contracts they want and still be able to field a team with enough depth to contend. The Chiefs brilliantly walked away from Hill and have rings to show for it. I don't understand why more teams don't follow suit.
I believe having a top 10 WR is good enough.

At some point paying too much for talent is a detriment to the team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we are the exact same.... I like Lamb because he wears the star. Just like he likes the Cowboys because they pay him. Look how quickly he removed all Cowboys stuff from his social media. If lamb were to be traded, I would wish him no ill will, but I wouldnt give a damn about him having future success.
Free agency ruined the game. It used to be that your team drafted a player and he became part of the organizations DNA. That gave fans the opportunity to become emotionally invested in the players. I still remember every player and their number from the 1977 cowboys team that beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl. I still remember all the guys from Jimmy Johnson era b/c I cared so much more about the players on those teams than I do now.

I don't understand "fans" who celebrate player contracts. These guys haven't won anything. Its baffling.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
CD had more targets than any other wr in nfl, so that is why he had good stats.
He had way more , like 60 to 70 more than anyone except tyreek who had around 10 less