Changed my mind about Lamb

CWR

Reaction score
Really and yet his worth is actually supposed to be looked at as your top five players in the league and you take that average which is 31 million they offered him two more million over the average which would make him the second highest paid non quarterback in the league the second highest paid wide receiver and that's the game no the game is let his Bony *** sit on the bench and lose 1,000,000 per game which would add up to about 15,000,000 and if there really are only 2 million apart he would have to play seven years after he gets a new deal after he gets put on the franchise tag none of this makes any sense Prescott never had to hold out even had that little excuse of a major injury could lower his value and didn't, Prescott got everything he wanted...and MORE

now when you're setting your own worth and your own number no there's no blank check and a salary cap league just because Justin Jefferson and deshaun Watson got anomalies outliers of contracts doesn't mean all the other ones IE there is no way in hell lamb is better than tyree kill who just took 30 and I have to tell you that DJ Moore is at least close to that level he took 27.5 there's a whole bunch of dudes that took under $30 million that are considered top of the line starting wide receivers in this league.... So Jerry offers him almost 2 million above the top five average and that's not enough no I'd say that that's absolute greed no one hates the player but this player if he wants to lose money and do something stupid like lavion bell and Antonio Brown that's fine but that don't mean as fans we don't get the say we understand your holdout we understand your demands but now that you turn down a very fair contract which is not a discount which is above average then some of us are gonna turn against you and I'm one of them I'm sorry I don't agree with this..

Stay tuned this is gonna get fun when you find out that he's gonna do what he's gonna find out it would take him seven years in this league to make that money back if he chooses to lose all that money up until week 12 which would be about 15,000,000 that would be really really bad advice from your agent just to make a point hurting your teammates and your team because you don't think 33 million is good enough but Trayvon diggs took top five money it's still top five a year later he didn't go through all this Prescott didn't go through all this... And don't bring up zeke he's a running back that knew he was about to drop off a Cliff and they don't get two or three contracts that was his only moment to get money....
You're way too emotional about this.

I'm actually not representing CD.

I don't take it personally, AND I see the argument from both sides. I called the 33 fair, and still believe that. 35 is also fair.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't claim to be a veteran but I raised a son who served in a combat zone in Afghanistan. I only brought up the military because you did. Read into whatever you want.
No I was explaining why he used it ..... not you

conner01

Reaction score
Lamb was one of the bigger disappointments from the playoff loss to the Packers. If the Cowboys were to decide not to re-sign him, I wouldn't blink an eye over it.
Our offensive production would

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It isn't the money that's in question, it's the length of the contract that's holding things up, according to recent info. He'll be signed before the season starts. It's just a matter of how long the eventual contract will be agreed upon, in terms of the years involved.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
I don't care about all the pay day drama, all I care about in this particular situation is CD being a Cowboy for a very long time, give him a billion per, doesn't matter.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
Back in the 90s, this is what teams wanted, a salary cap. And now we live in a Salary cap world. Supply and demand drives these prices, not one single player. Maybe if they had a super stars salary cap, and everyone else's salary cap on one team, maybe we'd be able to keep said player.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The market is what it is, why have there been no deal because Dallas doesn't wanna pay him the market. Why else do you think they always talk about hometown discounts and slices of the lie!!!?
When you sell a house it is only worth what someone is willing to buy it.

CD is not on the market. He is under contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
When you sell a house it is only worth what someone is willing to buy it.

CD is not on the market. He is under contract.
While Lamb isn't on the market, we have a good idea what his value is based on comps. Using your house analogy, if I were to list my house tomorrow, I know exactly what I would list it for and likely get given the fact two similar style houses to mine in this development have sold in the last month, one two doors down and another the next block over.

Given Jefferson, Hill, AJ Brown and some others signing in the last year, we have a pretty good idea what Lamb's market value is. We don't need him to be a FA to have a pretty good idea of his worth.

Again, my educated guess on this is that the Cowboys and Lamb are apart on things like bonus money and/or years, not necessarily the total contract value - Meirov's report about years being an issue seems most likely as the Cowboys are typically pushing for long deals and Lamb's agent prefers shorter ones. So it could be a case of say, Lamb will go to 5 year if you give us X. Or vice versa.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't care about all the pay day drama, all I care about in this particular situation is CD being a Cowboy for a very long time, give him a billion per, doesn't matter.
So you don't mind losing as long as CD gets paid?

Chasing6

Reaction score
While Lamb isn't on the market, we have a good idea what his value is based on comps. Using your house analogy, if I were to list my house tomorrow, I know exactly what I would list it for and likely get given the fact two similar style houses to mine in this development have sold in the last month, one two doors down and another the next block over.

Given Jefferson, Hill, AJ Brown and some others signing in the last year, we have a pretty good idea what Lamb's market value is. We don't need him to be a FA to have a pretty good idea of his worth.

Again, my educated guess on this is that the Cowboys and Lamb are apart on things like bonus money and/or years, not necessarily the total contract value - Meirov's report about years being an issue seems most likely as the Cowboys are typically pushing for long deals and Lamb's agent prefers shorter ones. So it could be a case of say, Lamb will go to 5 year if you give us X. Or vice versa.
So two similar size houses are going to be sold for the exact same price? I seriously doubt that. I am sure there is a range or gap between the 2.

If 1 was sold for $20K more, what are you going to list yours at. If both sold in 8 hours, does your price go up? If they both took 180 days to sell, does your price go down? If you lost your job and have no income are you know a motivated seller?

GM Jethro does not have urgency. CD has urgency. CD wanting to be the highest paid is a mistake in his part.

That is not how it works. It may indicate what price to list it at.

However there could be a bidding war if there is a shortage of inventory.

It could sit for a year in a soft market.

In addition, if someone only qualifies for or only wants to pay X, then they are not going to offer any more than that.

It is hilarious that Dak should not get market value for not winning in the playoffs. However, CD should get market value.

Dak gets garbage time stats, but some how CD does not.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
What the old man who owns a super yacht and various other toys and never contributes to a single down in the game?

I can see being unhappy with the player, but I rarely hear the same invective towards owners who have the lion's share of the profits go into their pockets.

At this point in my fandom I have realized this is a business for both the player and certainly ownership. I can make business decisions also if I choose concerning the Cowboys.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What the old man who owns a super yacht and various other toys and never contributes to a single down in the game?

I can see being unhappy with the player, but I rarely hear the same invective towards owners who have the lion's share of the profits go into their pockets.

At this point in my fandom I have realized this is a business for both the player and certainly ownership. I can make business decisions also if I choose concerning the Cowboys.
I believe he has a negative impact on every single down of every game.

erod

Reaction score
Let him rot until he gives in, and then franchise tag him after the season. If he tears his knee or Achilles, it'll be his fault.