Changed my mind about Lamb

Chasing6

Reaction score
Let him rot until he gives in, and then franchise tag him after the season. If he tears his knee or Achilles, it'll be his fault.
Could be Trances with some of the throws he makes.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
Ahhhh yes, another out of touch post. Blame the players and completely ignore the amount of money owners bring in for doing absolutely nothing. Take it a step further, owners extort taxpayers to pay for their own stadiums. The rest is leveraged out through many entities, including sponsorships and naming rights. You think players are driving up ticket prices? Lmao. Greedy owners drive up ticket prices. Advertisers drive up ticket prices. Players are only getting what they deserve. They are the product. This is why XFL, Arena League and many other variations of these pro like football leagues don't work. The quality of play is very subpar. In any professional sport, these players are the best of the best and the top 0.0001% of players out there. They absolutely have the right to demand the money they feel they need. Grown men watching on their couches, crying about the money they make, making comparisons to teachers and military vets to pull at heartstrings don't matter.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Military vs private Business is incomparable. In this world, if you have a talent, people are willing to pay you. Most people want to get paid as much as they can, period. Athletes are not different than actors or upper skilled management types. You ain't paying his salary anyway. Not your money. I could care less what anyone else makes.
You need the best of the best to be a pro athlete. Anyone with a pulse can sign up for the military. They are so desperate to get people to sign up, they stalk college campuses and public establishments to find people to sign up.

It's asinine to me why fans care what players make or even discussing the salary negotiations between someone and their employer. I guess because they watch them on tv and it plays out in public, they feel the need to try and dictate what these players should and shouldn't make. Agreed, who cares what these players make. Makes me no different. I applaud every player trying to squeeze every dime out of these greedy owners who will cut them the first chance they get. And I see people wishing harm and injuries on these players. Weird behavior.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So you don't mind losing as long as CD gets paid?
No, you misinterpreted, I want to win and CD is right there with the top WRs in the game.
We must sign CD first to a long term contract, and I can care less about Dak and MP.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Let him rot until he gives in, and then franchise tag him after the season. If he tears his knee or Achilles, it'll be his fault.
Yeah. That’s the spirit. He has a career ending injury it’s his fault. Too bad. He’d be owed nothing. He’d have zero trade value. The Cowboys would be out a top wide receiver. It would serve him right. Imagine. The temerity to stand up for what you believe knowing it may cost you financially. Who needs this guy, anyway. You have obviously thought this through. I’m right there with you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You're way too emotional about this.

I'm actually not representing CD.

I don't take it personally, AND I see the argument from both sides. I called the 33 fair, and still believe that. 35 is also fair.
I don't there's a salary cap and a whole lot of players sign for less including some of the best wide receivers in the game making under 32,000,000 including tyree kill was voted number one overall player in the NFL and that top 100 list he is one of the top receivers in the league and he took 30 million guaranteed over three years for total of 90 million that's what players do just like Trayvon diggs took top five money which was 4 at the time and still 5 A year later

to me that's being greedy and not being a team player if you're refusing to take at least a fair deal in order to help the team and it's not a discount at all it's top five money it's the second highest wide receiver money and the second highest non quarterback pay in the league and you're telling me that he said go ahead and hold out for that 2 million that's not gonna happen if he does that then his agent is a moron because he will never make that money back Jerry knows this if they're only 2 million apart and he holds out he will never make that 15,000,000 back it would take seven years at 2 million a year to get close to that you think he's gonna wanna play his eighth year that would be another contract you know in order to get this money back it's not happening so is he gonna hold out no if I'm Jerry I'm not offering another deal go ahead put your chips in the middle CD does not report for game one and he let us know a week ahead of time I'm going to pick up JJ shuster and or Michael Thomas and then we can go ahead and put more chips to the middle and call his bluff

blueblood70

Reaction score
What the old man who owns a super yacht and various other toys and never contributes to a single down in the game?

I can see being unhappy with the player, but I rarely hear the same invective towards owners who have the lion's share of the profits go into their pockets.

At this point in my fandom I have realized this is a business for both the player and certainly ownership. I can make business decisions also if I choose concerning the Cowboys.
There's nothing to do with a salary cap you do realize that the Denver Broncos owner is worth $77 billion Jerry's only worth 15 billion you know there's no reason to bring up their work because every owner is a multiple billionaire the salary cap is what makes teams more equal there's one salary cap for all the owners that's one budget that can't go over the budget.. You realize that right Jerry's not the richest owner in the league just because the team is worth the most in the NFL he's a 7th on the list of the 32 owners on how much he's worth.. It doesn't matter at all it matters zero that this is not Major League Baseball where there is no salary cap at all and you can spend as much money as you want they built in parity into the NFL.. They wanted to make sure there was a level playing field there isn't an open blank check and players can't just come and make up their own contracts and demand their own record setting market deals without hurting the rest of the team or the league... To stop acting like they have just endless amounts of money to sign players there's also a roster limit you can only sign so many the top heavy part of your most expensive players and then you gotta find a way to fit in the other 45 under a much smaller part of the salary cap I mean you don't have any understanding stop with the people saying how rich Jerry is when he's not even close to being the richest sports owner not just in the NFL, period..!~!

Is the most ridiculous narrative I hear is look at Jerry he can afford it he has all this money he just doesn't wanna spend it on his team no he spends the same salary cap give or take a few million here there that carries over and he's always paid his superstars big time money he's even paid people didn't even deserve to get paid like a lot of money like jalen Smith... He's been very loyal to his homegrown superstars there isn't one that he's never paid but there's a limit to what you can pay just like Trayvon diggs he took top five money got signed right away never threatened to hold out never had to cause he took the fourth highest cornerback pay which is still 5 right now a year later he's still top five that is what negotiations about the player and the ownership coming to the middle of the table not the player and the agent holding the team hostage for the maximum amount of money and not willing to compromise.. That's not negotiating that's a demand and threatening not to show up he's one of the only players in the NFL that didn't show up they call that a hold in some players are disgruntled they're not practicing on a regular basis but they showed up to be with their teammates lamb did not and that doesn't sit well with me they at least try to make an effort.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, you misinterpreted, I want to win and CD is right there with the top WRs in the game.
We must sign CD first to a long term contract, and I can care less about Dak and MP.
Actually it doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't sign Prescott first what good does it do to have Parsons lamb and diggs on these big contracts along with Martin and tank and the leftovers if you don't have a quarterback and we're paying all these players you're not gonna be able to afford a quarterback that means you're gonna probably be bad you're gonna probably be an under 500 team for five to 10 years while you're looking for this other quarterback which other teams have looked for for decades and then what do they do they go out and trade for a veteran big time draft picks spend a lot of money on the contracts to bring them over you know like Russell Wilson Aaron Rodgers and deshaun Watson that is what teams end up doing anyway so you might as well sign Prescott and not give up the draft picks I mean he's a bonus like an absolute steal if you don't have to give up the draft picks along with the money these other teams are willing to give up both.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Ahhhh yes, another out of touch post. Blame the players and completely ignore the amount of money owners bring in for doing absolutely nothing. Take it a step further, owners extort taxpayers to pay for their own stadiums. The rest is leveraged out through many entities, including sponsorships and naming rights. You think players are driving up ticket prices? Lmao. Greedy owners drive up ticket prices. Advertisers drive up ticket prices. Players are only getting what they deserve. They are the product. This is why XFL, Arena League and many other variations of these pro like football leagues don't work. The quality of play is very subpar. In any professional sport, these players are the best of the best and the top 0.0001% of players out there. They absolutely have the right to demand the money they feel they need. Grown men watching on their couches, crying about the money they make, making comparisons to teachers and military vets to pull at heartstrings don't matter.

they can demand until their blue in the face. and you can defend them all you want. But try pulling this nonsense on your boss and see if you still have a job tomorrow !!

CWR

Reaction score
I don't there's a salary cap and a whole lot of players sign for less including some of the best wide receivers in the game making under 32,000,000 including tyree kill was voted number one overall player in the NFL and that top 100 list he is one of the top receivers in the league and he took 30 million guaranteed over three years for total of 90 million that's what players do just like Trayvon diggs took top five money which was 4 at the time and still 5 A year later

to me that's being greedy and not being a team player if you're refusing to take at least a fair deal in order to help the team and it's not a discount at all it's top five money it's the second highest wide receiver money and the second highest non quarterback pay in the league and you're telling me that he said go ahead and hold out for that 2 million that's not gonna happen if he does that then his agent is a moron because he will never make that money back Jerry knows this if they're only 2 million apart and he holds out he will never make that 15,000,000 back it would take seven years at 2 million a year to get close to that you think he's gonna wanna play his eighth year that would be another contract you know in order to get this money back it's not happening so is he gonna hold out no if I'm Jerry I'm not offering another deal go ahead put your chips in the middle CD does not report for game one and he let us know a week ahead of time I'm going to pick up JJ shuster and or Michael Thomas and then we can go ahead and put more chips to the middle and call his bluff
I've always thought management should set a precedence. Ultimately they hold the real power. Lev Bell is one of the only times I can recall it going the distance.

Still not blaming anyone. It's the beast they created.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah. That’s the spirit. He has a career ending injury it’s his fault. Too bad. He’d be owed nothing. He’d have zero trade value. The Cowboys would be out a top wide receiver. It would serve him right. Imagine. The temerity to stand up for what you believe knowing it may cost you financially. Who needs this guy, anyway. You have obviously thought this through. I’m right there with you.
He was offered $33 million, probably $100 million guaranteed, and he turned it down. It is his fault.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He was offered $33 million, probably $100 million guaranteed, and he turned it down. It is his fault.
CD will cave in if Jerry has a fair offer on the table.

CD is just on an extended vacation.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is not culpable, of course, because he’s a god to too many Cowboys fans. After last season ended Lamb could have probably been signed for $30 million AAV with a significant amount guaranteed. Instead the steaming pile that is the Cowboys‘ GM waited for “leaves to fall”. Leaves to fall is code for “I’m an idiot and I want other team owners to lead the way.” The league’s top receivers are intent on getting paid significant compensation. Team owners have difficult decisions to make. The only thing we know for sure is Jerry will wait and watch what SF and Cincy do.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is not culpable, of course, because he’s a god to too many Cowboys fans. After last season ended Lamb could have probably been signed for $30 million AAV with a significant amount guaranteed. Instead the steaming pile that is the Cowboys‘ GM waited for “leaves to fall”. Leaves to fall is code for “I’m an idiot and I want other team owners to lead the way.” The league’s top receivers are intent on getting paid significant compensation. Team owners have difficult decisions to make. The only thing we know for sure is Jerry will wait and watch what SF and Cincy do.
GM Jethro has a habit of out bidding himself. So to protect himself, from himself, he needed the the tea leaves to fall. In hindsight, it would have been better, if he had just come out immediately and offered $33M.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have no idea what he was offered.

It’s hilarious watching people rush to Jerry’s defense here and trash Lamb. Jerry deserves zero benefit of the doubt.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the take home here is that you root for the uniform not the players who wear it. The players are not fans. The only loyalty in pro sports is from the fans to their team. Been saying for years that I cheer for whoever wears the star. When they switch teams or holdout, I could not care less about them.