Changed my mind about Lamb

stiletto

Reaction score
I get it, I STILL am annoyed at any player on this team asking for top money after the Green Bay debacle...but if anyone I guess CeeDee is the one to pay. He will be here longer than Dak probably and any new QB is going to need him.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
Sorry to break it to you but lamb isn’t in the wrong, you are.

Havic

Reaction score
Huge miss management of him. You are essentially forced to sign him now. Max value was right before the draft. You could have got a 1 easily and jumped the giants for Nabers.

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
I don't think CeeDee Lamb is as worried about the money as he is having his career wasted with the present lineup.
I think he looks at it as if being traded or released if they don't want to pay him what he wants is okay.
But if he is going to stay in Dallas, he wants to at least be paid well.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Fans getting mad at the player instead of the FO for putting off the extension to the last minute is a tale as old as time
hasn't it been pretty well confirmed that players & agents are declining early extensions as they are betting the pie will be bigger if they just wait?

doesn't seem to be anything to be mad at the FO about.

John813

Reaction score
Don't blame the players. They want their slice of the CBA that the owners agreed to. Prices go up because fans will pay that much for tickets, food and merch - and for Sunday ticket and other media which the NFL profits off of. The owners would be charging as much even if the Cap was 100mil if they could.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Every player wants big cash days (plural). Not sure how CeeDee Lamb is singled out simply because his market value is higher than many of his peers.
Don't you think 33 million a year reflects that? Will there ever come a point where fans get fed up with the hyperinflation going on with these so-called elite players?

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
The whole idea of paying grown men to play a game is absurd. What's more absurd is that we pay to watch it. Then tribalizing. The whole thing is ABSURD. Just pay him and get on with life.

foofighters

Reaction score
Why do you guys care so much about guys wanting to get paid? His first and probably only big pay day and yall think he should limit his monetization.
because only a few players can on any given team can get a big pay day. You can't pay them all like that. Watching Ceedee in the playoff loss last year raised some questions as to what kind of player he'll be in the future. If we pay him big, we are missing out elsewhere. So does his play translate into helping the team win or does it get in the way of adding players that can help win.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why do you guys care so much about guys wanting to get paid? His first and probably only big pay day and yall think he should limit his monetization.
I think Lamb deserves to be paid what Jefferson got because he is one of the top at his position. Dak on the other hand is not even top 10 at his position.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These decisions are ones every team makes. I believe they should have done more to sign him earlier or trade him before the draft. Now most teams are fairly set, and while he has a market cause he's a beast you may have less suitors now than before draft day. The fact is they like to wait till the last minute and CD knows they have no intention of trading him so he can wait till they cave like they always do.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Lol NFL franchises are the ones being greedy. Dallas is worth 9 billion, you really think games and merchandise are going up because Lamb wants more than 33 million and not because Jones wants more in his pockets?
The value and profitability of the franchise is irrelevant. Folks always want to talk about how rich JJ is or how much the Cowboys are worth, but this has ZERO relevance to salary cap allocation.

Why? The allocation of limited salary cap dollars is the same as the use of limited draft picks. These are the choices that determine the success or failure of a team. Lamb can demand all he wants, but this is certainly a valid discussion point. A critical one actually.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Every player wants big cash days (plural). Not sure how CeeDee Lamb is singled out simply because his market value is higher than many of his peers.
Anytime a player is being unreasonable then you need to trade them. Period!!!

CD does not have leverage over GM Jethro. If GM Jethro caves, what message are you sending to Micah and the rest of our FA's?

Chasing6

Reaction score
$33M for 4 years, $105M guaranteed.
$35M for 5 years, $140M guaranteed.

Or get tagged next year and we can start negotiations all over again.

Then tag and trade him, if still unreasonable.